North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/site-feedback-13/)
-   -   Build Thread Section? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/site-feedback/322188-build-thread-section.html)

It'sTheR53 12-15-2017 08:09 AM

Build Thread Section?

How come there is no dedicated build section? I know we could respectively post in each generation section but they could easily get lost. Could there not be one build section that encompassed every Mini generation?

Whine not Walnuts 12-16-2017 02:33 PM

Most of the builds are in the Mod Drivetrain sections. What does the rest of the folks here think about a separate section?????????????

Minnie.the.Moocher 12-16-2017 02:40 PM

Since I mostly view by using the "New Posts" method it doesn't effect me much. At some point the more sections you have makes it as hard to find things as when you don't have enough sections. And when all else fails, I use the Search box.

Big help, I was! :nod:

Whine not Walnuts 12-16-2017 04:25 PM

Hmmm you ever thought of running for an elected office? You have the double talk down to a tee.

vetsvette 12-16-2017 04:34 PM

IMO keep the build threads generational.

Whine not Walnuts 12-16-2017 04:38 PM

ItstheR53 what you planning on doing with the car??

It'sTheR53 12-16-2017 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by r53coop (Post 4353020)
ItstheR53 what you planning on doing with the car??

So much stuff... Right now I'm doing all maintenance work to it as I don't know what all has been done to it. I'll list what all I have sitting in my house waiting to be installed!

I've installed a set of MeisterR coilovers.
New power steering lines and fluid.
New water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, reservoir, and fluid.
Alta power pack with 17% pulley, plugs, wires, coil pack, tensioner, plugs.
Alta 22mm rear sway.
Alta intake (installed yesterday).
A Quicksilver exhaust was installed prior to purchase.
I bought a set of R56S brakes for the conversion (still deciding on rotors and pads).
I want to do a few interior bits like a JCW shift knob and e-brake handle.
Crank case o-ring.
I'm ordering SC oil for a service.
And I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

After all the above is complete I want to look into some head work, port and polish, as well as upgraded injectors and a good solid tune.

Whine not Walnuts 12-16-2017 04:56 PM

Suggest you post that in the Gen1 Mod Drivetrain Section.

A Detroit Tuned BPV will get you some more boost. I helped a buddy put one on his car, his gas mileage took a hit as he cannot keep his foot off the gas pedal now.

It'sTheR53 12-16-2017 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4353015)
IMO keep the build threads generational.

I kinda feel this way as well but I also think it would help keep the overall site clutter down if it was just one separate section that encompassed all!

squawSkiBum 12-16-2017 08:43 PM

I also think a forum for Projects / Builds would be cool. Yes the cars are different Gen1 to Gen2 to Gen3 but we can all still get inspired by what others have done. If there was one place to go check out all the cool builds it would definitely be on my reading and contributing list.

Derek86 12-20-2017 09:45 AM

I think the Gen 1 cars are just, just, just getting to the point where builds will become more common. Might be something to keep in mind for the future, but right now there aren't a lot of people doing more than just some bolt on mods.