Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Market place FAQ needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Vegasguy
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Market place FAQ needed

So i am a new user to NAM and although its a great place, I recently have been on the market place alot and have had an issue that ,so far, my question to the moderators has gone unanswered.

see I purchased a part from a member, paid him (thru paypal) and now cant get a response/tracking number from him for my part. Then he did reply once about a week ago but when i tried replying to his pm, i got the message back his “pm box is full”. So now im stuck and possibly out $200.

I searched the forumns faq section (since ALL the other forums ive been on for mustangs, hotrods etc. over the years all have specific rules or sop’s for tje sale section) but it turns out there is no SOP for this section (marketplace) or if there is, its not easy to find.

so then i used the contact us form at the bottom of the page, took the time to write up a detailed email of what was/is happening and never got a reply back...that’s pretty disappointing.

So hopefully the user I purchased from is going to be honest but if not, everyone should know they wont have any support or guidance from the moderators (of course it could be different if your a paid member, sponsor or vendor but i cant speak to that).

long story short, Please add a faq section and sop for marketplace or make the one that exists a little easier to find.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:20 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
We "moderators" only see what has been "posted" or what has been "reported". Anything else relative to the site goes to others. Relative to posts, we try to check them out but not enough time in the day to read in detail everyone of them.

A couple months back a member had an issue with a purchase from a another member. Never got the part and the person selling was ignoring attempts to get answers. I happened to come across a posting about the matter and we did ban the person doing the selling.

We cannot get your money back but can make sure another member is not stuck. Can you lead me to the thread?

Last edited by Whine not Walnuts; 12-09-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:23 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Old 12-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
The seller was here last on 12/4. I have left him a message about contacting a moderator.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:33 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
If you paid for it via PayPal "Goods and Services" you may have some recourse through them.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...roblem-faq1344

Old 12-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Vegasguy
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by r53coop
The seller was here last on 12/4. I have left him a message about contacting a moderator.
thx scoop, and yep thats the one. I totally know you guys can’t get anyones money back but i just wanted your thoughts on it. I was hoping maybe if nothing else that his inbox could be temporarily expanded so he could get new mail (which maybe would be sent to his real email by relay).

im hoping its all just because its the holidays and everyone is busy and a big mistake because he has been a member for awhile and has alot of posts. If not though then I definitely would not want anyone else to get burned, especially at Christmas time, that’s pretty crappy.

but thx again to both you vette above for the advice.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
I will keep a watch on when he visits. If there is a visit without getting with us, will make sure he cannot post again.