Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

New Moderators?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:05 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
New Moderators?

For many months, NAM went without any moderators. Then a few months back I noticed a long time moderator (Gray Raven) was back (woohoo!). Over the last couple of days I noticed a couple of new moderators. Welcome news..

Anyways, might be a good idea to get an introduction to the new folks on the firing line..

Old 04-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Can I be one?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:15 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Yes, we have a few new moderators to help spread the load. R53coop is mainly Gen1, I'm mainly Gen2 focused. Would be good to have a Gen3 owner as a mod.

How did I end up a moderator? In the past I had grumbled a bit about the site being on autopilot without any real attention from IB. Then in the course of a PM exchange with Gray Raven about the right forum for one of my threads, we got into a discussion about mods and I volunteered - next thing I knew I had a new title and some new responsibilities!

About me personally: I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. I'm old enough to know better, young enough not to care much. My 2012 R56S is my daily driver and occasional track toy. My approach to mods is to prioritize function, so you won't see me putting on stripes or carbon bits. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not me. I do all the work on it myself, except for stuff like alignments that are best done by pros with the right tools. I like long projects that I can think through, design, and then go OCD on implementing, like when I installed the gauges or my current brake duct project (thread in the R56 forum.)

I have learned a lot from this site in the last 5 years. I don't have the highest post count, I tend to read more and only post when I have something useful to add. I'm happy to be giving back and I hope helping to re-invigorating the site.

Last edited by squawSkiBum; 05-12-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:26 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Can I be a Gen 3 mod?