Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Forum Titles and Description

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Forum Titles and Description

Have noticed that there has been an effort to relocate numerous threads in the Gen1 section. Apparently numerous individuals, including myself, have posted in the wrong section.

I suggest that the descriptions for the individual sections be reworded somewhat. I own a convertible and therefore would normally go to that section to read the discussions on the model that I own. I have not been going to the "Stock" section as my car is way past any type of "warranty" issues

Just as the Mod Section is broken into individual sections the R52 has some different issues than the R53 that has differences from the R50. It would be logical to have the Stock section separated into the different models.

This site, the members and vendors offer information on just about everything to do with our type of vehicles. This information has saved my butt numerous times and when I have not been able to find something, I try to add a thread dealing with the matter.

If you need some help in moving items around, I offer my assistance.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:38 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Stock is in no means reference to warranty. It merely refers to an issue of the car involving an original part regardless of its age or mileage.

If there is a concern over a rattle, creek, engine code, coolant leak ect. That is an question to be posed in the "Stock/Fixing Problems and Issues."

Basically speaking, with exception of: front struts, the bracing at the belly pan, and flat crimp to exhaust at the rear, every part and component "Below" the cars beltline is no different than those in the other models.

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
As I said, the title descriptions:

Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
I get your drift, but there's no difference between your R52 an my R53 from belt line down....Which is about 98.9% of the car.

At this point too, with consideration to both age of these models and data generated / stored in IB servers on thus far, we wont see any changes like that.