Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers A Mini club serving Northern Nevada and the California sierra crest counties of Eldorado, Nevada, and Placer

CVT transmission fluid available

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Tahoe_Ron
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVT transmission fluid available

I recently purchased the 20 liter bottle (keg) of the EZL 799A fluid, and I can sell the rest that I don't need at $20/quart. You should buy 5 quarts to do a proper change, and you will have a little left over. I tried everywhere to find this fluid in small quanties, and it just isn't available despite some vendors web sites which might show it.

Want to take a chance on some other fluid? Not me. There are plenty of warnings about using another fluid, and no fluid maker claims that they have a replacement for the Esso EZL 799A fluid. Replacement of the CVT: about $7000 dollars. The CVT maker (ZF) recommended a change every 35K miles.

Anyway, I live at the north shore of Lake Tahoe, if somebody wants to stop by. Also, I sometimes come down to Sacramento and environs, so we could meet. Send me a private message if you are interested. I will post again if it is all gone. Send me an email to make arrangements and exchange phone numbers. I can also give you advice about how to do this job, because I also did the filter and that's a lot harder than just the fluid.
====
Ron