Go Back  North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Navigation & Audio
Aftermarket infotainment Options >

Navigation & Audio Aftermarket infotainment Options

Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Aftermarket infotainment Options

Old 06-07-2019, 02:54 AM
bluescreen
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleif View Post
That looks awesome howiestt! Now if only I can find that same display (without ODO around it) for the gray non-LCI radio. All the displays I have found like that are for black, LCI models. The gray non-LCI options I have found all have the ODO ring in kmph with a smaller screen. If anyone can find the larger display with the gray non-LCI setup that would be info a lot of us 2nd gen guys would cherish!

just buy an lci dash and use the radio for the lci without the odo ring.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:53 AM
Redleif
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
just buy an lci dash and use the radio for the lci without the odo ring.
Yeah that was my initial idea, however, I have read mixed experiences on using the black A/C controls & window switches with the pre-LCI vehicles. One write-up said the black A/C controls were plug-n-play, while another had to swap the electronics from the gray A/C to the black A/C controls? Just seems simpler to find something designed to fit the pre-LCI setup.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:58 AM
bluescreen
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleif View Post
Yeah that was my initial idea, however, I have read mixed experiences on using the black A/C controls & window switches with the pre-LCI vehicles. One write-up said the black A/C controls were plug-n-play, while another had to swap the electronics from the gray A/C to the black A/C controls? Just seems simpler to find something designed to fit the pre-LCI setup.
I believe that the grey a/c controls fit the lci fascia, i am waiting my radio to test it. i have already bought the new fascia