MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

WTB:: Supersprint headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Sugeray
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Supersprint headers

Category: Exterior
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R50, R52, R53
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

I really want the Supersprint headers but I noticed that the OBX headers look very similar, does anyone know if they are the same?

Cheers!

Old 03-26-2017, 11:01 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 489 Likes on 408 Posts
The OBX was pretty much an exact copy of the SuperSprint header when it came out. They changed them slightly with a small step at the manifold flange a few years back. I think it was to give a little more room for the mounting bolts, but the OBX is still giving some people issues on installation. The build quality and issues seem to be hit or miss with them. There was a recent thread regarding installation issues with the OBX and the original poster gave up on his OBX and installed Milltek instead. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-welding.html

If you search for OBX on the various MINI forums you'll see a lot of people are running the OBX header, including some people with 220+WHP cars. They were an incredible value when they first came out and gave good performance. For a sub $200 header it was worth the occasional hassle during installation. If you can find a good deal on one it still might be a good header to go with, but now they're over $300 new and used ones don't come up often.

There was a used SuperSprint advertised for sale, including a factory cat, here on NAM that might still be available. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...nt-header.html