MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Turbo R53

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sold

Year: 2002
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Color: white
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

-

Last edited by JonCooperWorks; 06-24-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:34 AM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
bump

Old 06-20-2019, 01:09 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
bump

Old 06-23-2019, 07:28 AM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
Price drop to 16k, Email me at joniaconobusiness@gmail.com for questions and interest.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:27 AM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Why would you mention specifically that there are no RMW parts?

what turbo is used? How many miles on the turbo?

please post a dyno graph.

still priced way too high.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:50 AM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ingsoc
Why would you mention specifically that there are no RMW parts?

what turbo is used? How many miles on the turbo?

please post a dyno graph.

still priced way too high.
1. I mention there are no RMW parts because RMW parts are crap and rebranded products. They are all tested on one or two cars and then made for mass production, with very little testing. If you were to follow @SilverFoxRacing on instagram he built his turbo R53 without any RMW parts as well because the first go around he built a full RMW motor and it blew up or broke multiple times. The numbers provided are lies because no real Mini owner is going to get their minis to those horsepower numbers.
2. Its a Garrett GT76MM with 25k miles
3. I would be happy to email you one if you would like.
4. If you think 16k is too much for a car that has about 50k of work done to it you must not understand what you're getting. There are some other minis on here in your price range if this is too much for you. Thanks for your interest.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:02 AM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear

Dyno Sheet as requested. 303WHP and 248WTQ at 7100RPMS

Old 06-23-2019, 12:06 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JonCooperWorks

Dyno Sheet as requested. 303WHP and 248WTQ at 7100RPMS
There are supercharged cars on e85 making more torque at 4K rpm. Your power back has a torque peak at almost 6k rpm. It’s just not an impressive dyno. You’re talking 50k of investment 10 years ago. Turbos wear out, as does anything else over 10 years.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:50 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
There are supercharged cars on e85 making more torque at 4K rpm. Your power back has a torque peak at almost 6k rpm. It’s just not an impressive dyno. You’re talking 50k of investment 10 years ago. Turbos wear out, as does anything else over 10 years.
The power hits at 5400RPMS and is consistent for 2000rpms... I think it's funny how you expect a 76mm turbo to spool at 4000rpms on this tiny motor. On an R56 it has half the size of this turbo and spools way faster because of it. The purpose of this build is top end power. This is the only dyno sheet I had. Head has been rebuilt since then. New tunes have been added since then and the bottom end last forever because it has forged parts. Turbo's can last forever as long as you take care of them, so that comment is just irrelivant. The car was first converted to Turbo in 2009. Since then it is still being built and upgraded. A full turbo conversion cost about 20k so over the years it has been modified and upgraded that where the other 30k has gone. I understand that you think you know what you're talking about but you don't. Like I said before, you obviously can't afford it and are trying to prove something to yourself by trying to seem knowledgeable about this build, but I am looking to sell this car to someone who knows what it is. Thanks again for your interest, have a nice day.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:36 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Silverfox racing, LUL that guy is a grad A space cadet.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:57 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wellzy
Silverfox racing, LUL that guy is a grad A space cadet.
Yet he sold his Turbo R53 for 38k... lul

Old 06-23-2019, 06:22 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
The power hits at 5400RPMS and is consistent for 2000rpms... I think it's funny how you expect a 76mm turbo to spool at 4000rpms on this tiny motor. On an R56 it has half the size of this turbo and spools way faster because of it. The purpose of this build is top end power. This is the only dyno sheet I had. Head has been rebuilt since then. New tunes have been added since then and the bottom end last forever because it has forged parts. Turbo's can last forever as long as you take care of them, so that comment is just irrelivant. The car was first converted to Turbo in 2009. Since then it is still being built and upgraded. A full turbo conversion cost about 20k so over the years it has been modified and upgraded that where the other 30k has gone. I understand that you think you know what you're talking about but you don't. Like I said before, you obviously can't afford it and are trying to prove something to yourself by trying to seem knowledgeable about this build, but I am looking to sell this car to someone who knows what it is. Thanks again for your interest, have a nice day.
You don’t really know much about me.

If the motor can’t spool a 76mm turbo then the turbo it too big and the motor doesn’t flow enough.

Rmw’s turbo kit on a built 1.8 motor on e85 spools a BW EFR 7163 at 4200rpm, with a torque peak of 495lbft. In 2019, that’s reality.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:03 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
You don’t really know much about me.

If the motor can’t spool a 76mm turbo then the turbo it too big and the motor doesn’t flow enough.

Rmw’s turbo kit on a built 1.8 motor on e85 spools a BW EFR 7163 at 4200rpm, with a torque peak of 495lbft. In 2019, that’s reality.
I don't know know if you're playing dumb or just flat out stupid or if you're a 12 year old or 60 with nothing better to do then talk to me about stuff you know nothing about. The dyno graph is clearly showing the turbo is spooling at 4400rpms... but thank you for letting me know that you're a triggered RMW fan boy. That car your referring to, yeah, that's something people call a dyno car. It sits outside Jan's shop in a trailer and the car is never driven because it isn't reliable, especially at the numbers he is trying to push. I don't even think the actual owner has ever even driven it. Now that's reality buddy, hope you got your hard on that you were trying get...

Old 06-23-2019, 11:17 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
I don't know know if you're playing dumb or just flat out stupid or if you're a 12 year old or 60 with nothing better to do then talk to me about stuff you know nothing about. The dyno graph is clearly showing the turbo is spooling at 4400rpms... but thank you for letting me know that you're a triggered RMW fan boy. That car your referring to, yeah, that's something people call a dyno car. It sits outside Jan's shop in a trailer and the car is never driven because it isn't reliable, especially at the numbers he is trying to push. I don't even think the actual owner has ever even driven it. Now that's reality buddy, hope you got your hard on that you were trying get...
Hurts. Option c. Good luck with your sale. You would do well to lower the price further and be more gracious.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:26 PM
JonCooperWorks
1st Gear
Hurts. Option c. Good luck with your sale. You would do well to lower the price further and be more gracious.
So you're telling me that I should lower my price because some keyboard warrior know it all, is telling me to... Yeah maybe next time. Option D you could have minded you own business and let me sell my car, because I KNOW what this car is, not you. Cya pal...

Old 06-30-2019, 08:08 AM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Turbo R53

JohnCooperWorks,

I, too, have a Turbo-converted R53, also listed here in NAM. I whole-heartedly agree and support your views and comments. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Cars like these are not for everybody. That’s why my ad does not show a price. The right buyer will know what these cars are, and what they’re worth. Getting into editorial debates with casual observers is a waste of time.