MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB:: ISO R52 JCW manual, clean low miles preferred

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 03:56 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
ISO R52 JCW manual, clean low miles preferred

Year: 2008
Make: MINI
Model: Convertible
Price: $1
Mileage: 50000
Color: white silver, Orange, blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast

I've been looking for a nice clean well maintained R52 JCW.

Low miles and manual preferred.
I've seen some for sale at dealers.
I would like to see what is available here.

Last edited by djtomy; 01-09-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:18 PM
burley
6th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
http://tinyurl.com/yb7xdguq

You will not find a better deal than this. I almost bought it, but I found one closer. Dealer doesn't know its a JCW. They just had a price drop, and since its been on the lot for 3-4 months I bet they would take $500 less. Someone needs to buy this, its a great deal.

1 owner, stayed in California its whole life. Clean carfax. Dealer maintained. It appears to be a dealer installed JCW, not factory, so it doesn't have LSD. Thats its only fault. I am not affiliated with this dealership

2006 MINI Cooper S Convertible - $7,988
Mileage 36,391
Transmission 6-Speed Manual
Stock # 2875
VIN WMWRH33596TF87394

Old 01-09-2018, 04:39 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Yes, I saw that one.. You made me take a second look... Thx! That pretty much is what I was looking for, Its just so far from me, CA~FL I don't mind traveling but it couldn't be any further..

I thought "05 & "06 were dealer installed, not sure when they started Factory JCW R52's

Old 01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
burley
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djtomy
Yes, I saw that one.. You made me take a second look... Thx! That pretty much is what I was looking for, Its just so far from me, CA~FL I don't mind traveling but it couldn't be any further..

I thought "05 & "06 were dealer installed, not sure when they started Factory JCW R52's
They did most 06 JCW as factory, but they also did dealer installed as well. LSD would be a good way to tell, and it'll be in the VIN.

If you want a low mileage JCW.. especially a facelift form... You'll need to travel (unless you get very lucky). I looked for 6 months and the closest to Iowa I could find was Atlanta. The odds are on your side since most of the low mileage versions are convertibles. Hard tops (as I wanted) are getting near impossible to find.

Buying over the phone with a credit card was very easy, as was asking for extra pics and talking about the inspection. In my case, I put $3k down a my Amex, then the balance via certified bank check. They overnighted me all docs and it was done in 3 days. The pickup took 15 minutes and mostly consisted of BS'ing with the salesman. Car was exactly as described.. Then again, I bought from a Mini dealership.

Roadtripping a new car is a wonderful way to become acquainted. I've done it 2 years in a row

Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 AM
MiamiTVR
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wanted

I have seen and driven this car.

I first came across it as a one owner trade in. The first visit I noted every wheel well dinged up. There was a strong smell of oil when started up. I did not want to drive it in that condition. The second visit the wheels and oil leak had been addressed but there was some warning light I could not figure out how to turn off or what it meant even. The third trip it drove great as it should but an orange check engine light lit up and I took it back. When we lowered the top something broke and there was a flap over the drivers head not secured properly. The emblems were faded out and at least two panels had scratches so deep they would require repainting. One was hard to ignore as it was on the drivers door near the handle.

The interior is that yellow striped cloth leather combination in very good condition. I do not recall any flaws inside that were not top related and I believe those were addressed. Now that the oil leak was fixed there were no bad smells.

Despite the exterior cosmetic condition and questionable mechanical condition, I was interested in the car. It was really a fun drive and a one owner. In the midst of negotiations I was called away to attend to something unrelated. When I returned to the dealership I was told the car was sold.

Now it gets weird.

Within a couple of weeks I see this same car on CraigsList advertised as a Private Party sale. The seller, it turns out, is an employee of one of the other dealerships with the same ownership. The seller did not return my repeated emails.

Now a few months later I find it on CraigsList again but with a different seller who indicates it now has a new clutch. The clutch felt fine to me when I tested it. I guess I dodged an expensive bullet. He claimed there were no paint flaws now but then he thought it had black interior as well. I can not attest to its present condition.

The price has risen considerably since I initially looked at it and I assume whoever buys it will now be the fourth owner.

Fun drive.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto...435570517.html

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 01-12-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Swimbaxter
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am toying with the idea if selling my R52 JCW

I am toying with the idea of selling my R52 JCW. It has 53K on it and it's very well maintained. I can send pics if you are interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2c99cyRDVkknIlVi2

Old 01-13-2018, 10:04 AM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Swimbaxter
I am toying with the idea of selling my R52 JCW. It has 53K on it and it's very well maintained. I can send pics if you are interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2c99cyRDVkknIlVi2
That's really nice! sure, send pics & asking price. cali108@***.net

Old 01-13-2018, 10:24 AM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I first came across it as a one owner trade in. The first visit I noted every wheel well dinged up. There was a strong smell of oil when started up. I did not want to drive it in that condition. The second visit the wheels and oil leak had been addressed but there was some warning light I could not figure out how to turn off or what it meant even. The third trip it drove great as it should but an orange check engine light lit up and I took it back. When we lowered the top something broke and there was a flap over the drivers head not secured properly. The emblems were faded out and at least two panels had scratches so deep they would require repainting. One was hard to ignore as it was on the drivers door near the handle.

The interior is that yellow striped cloth leather combination in very good condition. I do not recall any flaws inside that were not top related and I believe those were addressed. Now that the oil leak was fixed there were no bad smells.

Despite the exterior cosmetic condition and questionable mechanical condition, I was interested in the car. It was really a fun drive and a one owner. In the midst of negotiations I was called away to attend to something unrelated. When I returned to the dealership I was told the car was sold.

Now it gets weird.

Within a couple of weeks I see this same car on CraigsList advertised as a Private Party sale. The seller, it turns out, is an employee of one of the other dealerships with the same ownership. The seller did not return my repeated emails.

Now a few months later I find it on CraigsList again but with a different seller who indicates it now has a new clutch. The clutch felt fine to me when I tested it. I guess I dodged an expensive bullet. He claimed there were no paint flaws now but then he thought it had black interior as well. I can not attest to its present condition.

The price has risen considerably since I initially looked at it and I assume whoever buys it will now be the fourth owner.

Fun drive.

MiamiTVR,
With all the back & forth diaogs, I cannot tell which car your thorough and much-appreciated comments apply to. Could you please identify that car for me?

Old 01-13-2018, 01:02 PM
MiamiTVR
2nd Gear
https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto...435570517.html

Originally Posted by bahman

Now it gets weird.

Fun drive.

MiamiTVR,
With all the back & forth diaogs, I cannot tell which car your thorough and much-appreciated comments apply to. Could you please identify that car for me?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:40 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
I found Something from a private owner for a great price, low miles excellent Cond. factory JCW R52
I know the title isn't clean, but the price reflects that.

I just need to know more history and options, and most importantly what you all think.

and its a factory JCW car!!

Last edited by djtomy; 01-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:39 AM
burley
6th Gear
I found Something from a private owner for a great price, low miles excellent Cond. factory JCW R52 I need a little help.
I know the title isn't clean, but the price reflects that.
So, whats the price?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:57 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Very similar to mine but it has the Chrono package that for a Vert is much better as it has the speedo on the wheel (sunny days the single LED readout is washed out). What year? What are the title issues?

Old 01-15-2018, 10:57 AM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts
Very similar to mine but it has the Chrono package that for a Vert is much better as it has the speedo on the wheel (sunny days the single LED readout is washed out). What year? What are the title issues?
I do like the Chrono pkg
No HK stereo :(

Last edited by djtomy; 01-18-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:19 AM
MiamiTVR
2nd Gear
Flood car

Looks great.

Likely it is TMU as well.

I have owned rebuilts and once a flood car. I may own another rebuilt.

There is a reason pretty flood cars get totaled but if you follow the advice on the windshield you should be ok.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 AM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
Looks great.

Likely it is TMU as well.

I have owned rebuilts and once a flood car. I may own another rebuilt.

There is a reason pretty flood cars get totaled but if you follow the advice on the windshield you should be ok.
Actually that picture was from a few years back. (when searching vin) way before the seller owned the car. So everything as been sorted hopefully.

Last edited by djtomy; 01-18-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 AM
djtomy
3rd Gear
ohh yes true mileage unknown, yes that is correct! I believe that states on the title as well..

I should be able to tell though by condition?

should I walk away?

Old 01-15-2018, 12:51 PM
burley
6th Gear
Honestly, you're considering a flooded vehicle for about the same price as the well documented JCW in California with a clean title, 36k miles just because you don't want to travel? A fight and 2 days of driving will be far less trouble in the long run than a vehicle with a questionable title and unknown history. I would RUN from anything with water damage.. Even if it checks out, think how much harder it will be to sell down the line. Even if the water didn't reach the engine, it will destroy electronics which may work fine for now.. but not in 6 months.. 2 years. Ticking time bomb!

Wait, just read that you dont even know the true mileage.. Is there a tamper dot? Whats the odo say? So many red flags. Why would the odo be off??

What reassurance do you have from the seller? Does he/she even know the history from first hand knowledge? There are so many variables. Fresh water or salt?

Just sayin. You dont really know for sure what you're getting yourself into. Did you see the writing on the windshield saying "do not start"? I would run from this one so fast.

Rethink this one. Its been for sale for several months, and I'm sure you could talk the seller down at least $500. For $500 more than your flood car you could save yourself many potential headaches.

http://tinyurl.com/yb7xdguq

Last edited by burley; 01-15-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:14 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
You're right, I haven't seen this one yet, I will at least check it out. I found that old pic when searching for the vin number. The one in Cali is the better deal. It will be just a weekend car for the wife. Rather than getting a Miata or a something along those lines.

Last edited by djtomy; 01-18-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:24 PM
burley
6th Gear
You're right, I haven't seen this one yet, I will at least check it out. I found that old pic when searching for the vin number. Florida is odd, anything over 10 years is exempt in Miles, Whether its clean title or salvage. The one in Cali is the better deal. It will be just a weekend car for the wife. Rather than getting a Miata or a something along those lines.
So.. how many miles and why is there a discrepancy? Tamper dot?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:15 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by burley
So.. how many miles and why is there a discrepancy? Tamper dot?
62K Miles

No discrepancy that I can see.

Last edited by djtomy; 01-18-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Just got Back form Vacation, and it looks like some have sold! But I'm going to look at one Tomorrow. I'm not to familiar with the R52 & R53 what should I look for?

Old 01-27-2018, 05:26 AM
burley
6th Gear
Just got Back form Vacation, and it looks like some have sold! But I'm going to look at one Tomorrow. I'm not to familiar with the R52 & R53 what should I look for?
http://www.motoringfile.com/mini-r50r53-buyers-guide/

Old 11-09-2019, 12:50 PM
djtomy
3rd Gear
Update still looking for a R52, doesn't have to be a jcw.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:27 PM
nparker
4th Gear
PM sent