MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB:: 2005-08 MINI Cooper S hardtop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Whatty
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005-08 MINI Cooper S hardtop.

Year: 2005
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Color: See text
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

WTB 2005-2008 MINI Cooper S with Manual Transmission.

Thanks for stopping by my humble car request advert. I'm currently looking for a 2005-2008 MINI COOPER S.

My needs are modest – I'm looking for a daily street car that fits my following
needs and budget.

Money talks and "bullsh*t" walks goes the old saying.
So l'll get the greenback stuff out of the way first.

Budget: I know that price can be a emotive and contentious issue where enthusiast forums are concerned. I also appreciate that people lavish care and cash on both their cars and upgrades.

I don't really need 2 x aftermarket wheel sets or uprated engine/suspension or braking.

So as to not waste anyones time and to avoid thread derailment my budget is from $6.5-9K.

I know folk set asking prices, likewise there are selling prices. Similarly there are private, retail and trade prices which often flatter or entice in equal measure. Been there, done that - lots.

On this occasion I'd like pay a fair price that leaves both parties happy.

So disclosure over lets move on..........

Coupe hardtop: Non-moonroof preferred. Definitely NO convertibles. I don't like the wind in what's left of my hair.

Color: White, Silver or Green in that particular order.
( I'd also consider Red if my other criteria are met)

Engine modifications: I'd rather have a stock OEM car but if subtle mods (ie: 15% pulley if 05/06) have been competently completed with evidence to support that's fine.

Suspension: OEM preferred but open to new ideas. I've had a number of Teutonic coupes with rock hard rides and I'm on good professional terms with Bilstein & H&R BUT I'd really like my personal daily ride to be pleasantly compliant rather than spine shatteringly firm.

Cabin comforts: Factory Climate and Audio is all I really need. I feel the cold all year round so heated seats would be nice.

Heritage and History: I'm not looking for a low mileage pampered garage poodle or show pony. Similarly I really don't want a battered ex-lease, AX or track rat. I'm simply after a nice honest MCS in the 60-90k mile range whose owner has looked after it with bills to support and would like it to go to an appreciative home.

Distance: Ideally no more than 500 miles from NYC though I'd go up to a thousand miles for the right car.

Thanks for reading - cash waiting for right car and seller.
Whatty.

PS. For a quicker reply I can be reached directly at rwhattam at hotmail dot com

PPS. For the record I'm not a dealer, picture collector or virtual tire kicker.

Last edited by Whatty; 06-14-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 AM
benzamg
3rd Gear
Facebook Post

How about an Astro Black/Silver roofed 2006 JCW hardtop? 93,0xx miles. I added JCW suspension when I bought the car 3 yrs ago. I'm not sure if I could describe as "pleasantly compliant rather than spine shatteringly firm." maybe with the right tires..

Last edited by benzamg; 06-12-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Noonzio
5th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 103 Posts
So you don't mind whether its a late R53 or an early R56?

Old 06-13-2017, 05:02 AM
Whatty
1st Gear
Originally Posted by benzamg
Link

How about an Astro Black/Silver roofed 2006 JCW hardtop? 93,0xx miles. I added JCW suspension when I bought the car 3 yrs ago. I'm not sure if I could describe as "pleasantly compliant rather than spine shatteringly firm." maybe with the right tires..
Hi benzamg

Thanks for your prompt reply - I love black... on other peoples cars.
In truth I've found it hard work in the past - pollen magnet in the NJ Spring, all those potential swirl marks in bright sunlight.

That said the silver probably contrasts nicely and detailing is quite therapeutic. Got any pix? Link not working in pic above.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:04 AM
Whatty
1st Gear
Originally Posted by benzamg
Link

Originally Posted by Noonzio
So you don't mind whether its a late R53 or an early R56?
Prefer an R53 but I'm trying to cast a wide net. Which would you prefer?

Old 06-13-2017, 06:21 AM
benzamg
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Whatty
Hi benzamg

Thanks for your prompt reply - I love black... on other peoples cars.
In truth I've found it hard work in the past - pollen magnet in the NJ Spring, all those potential swirl marks in bright sunlight.

That said the silver probably contrasts nicely and detailing is quite therapeutic. Got any pix? Link not working in pic above.
It's pretty metallic so that may not be as much of an issue.. I have some better pics of the paint more when I last really detailed the car but not on my phone. I threw some up here in various states of dirty/clean... don't have any interior photos yet, but I will take some and get them up soon when I get around to an actual for sale listing.

https://goo.gl/photos/69b49eaopn7BKu136

As for R53 vs R56 debate, if you're on the fence I would definitely go for R53. The early R56's have well known issues, and you won't get that sweet sweet supercharger whine.

Let me know if you're interested and perhaps we can continue via PM / email

Thanks
-Ben

Old 06-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Whatty
1st Gear
Email on way Ben.

Last edited by Whatty; 06-13-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: I'm stupid?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:43 AM
Whatty
1st Gear
Edited Original post to add:

Money talks and "bullsh*t" walks goes the old saying.
So l'll get the greenback stuff out of the way first.

Budget: I know that price can be a emotive and contentious issue where enthusiast forums are concerned. I also appreciate that people lavish time, care and cash on both their cars and upgrades.

I don't really need 3 x aftermarket wheel sets or uprated engine/suspension or braking.

So as to not waste anyones time and to avoid thread derailment my budget is from $6.5-9K. +/-

I know folk set asking prices, likewise there are selling prices. Similarly there are private, retail and trade prices which often flatter or entice in equal measure. Been there, done that - lots.

On this occasion I'd like to pay a fair price that leaves both parties happy.

Best
Whatty,

Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM
FNT.Puck
1st Gear
Not sure hot flexible you are with your wants, but I recently listed my 05 MCS for sale. It stands out as being a bone stock, low miles (just under 53k), FL car that has never been modded or raced. Has the Xeons, DSC, standard climate, etc and pics are here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ck-fl-car.html.

It is red with pana roof though, and I am farther then 500mi but am willing to split shipping costs.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:02 PM
minihooligan773
3rd Gear
Look at my pictures 05, all factory options plus navi. looks of updrages could let it go for 11.5, want to get the r56 now