MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2003 Mini Cooper S (with mods/stock parts included) *Price Negotiable*

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Bernard Barbour
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Year: 2003
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $4200
Mileage: 86500
Color: British Racing Green
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

Car cover shipped to 38127. Thanks

Old 12-23-2016, 06:35 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bernard Barbour
Car cover shipped to 38127. Thanks
This is an ad for my car, which is for sale.
All of those parts and extras listed are what comes with the car.
So the price shipped to 38127 would be about $5000 + fuel cost of 1300 miles.
:p

Old 01-25-2017, 04:53 AM
austin5
1st Gear
Still for sale? May be in area and come and look in a few weeks

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Originally Posted by austin5
Still for sale? May be in area and come and look in a few weeks
Yes it is still available. Would happy to meet up with you if you're in the area.
Thanks for the inquiry,
- Arthur

Old 02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
price drop 4600

Old 02-09-2017, 09:00 AM
jown.iv
4th Gear

Old 02-14-2017, 12:28 PM
austin5
1st Gear
Hey there,
Just wanted to ask a few more questions so I'm not surprised by anything and for my future reference if I buy.

Did you replace the catalytic converter and evap? No issues when getting inspected? I thought I saw a post saying you replaced it but maybe it was a different mini.

How old are the tyres? Tread? All-season or summer tyres on it right now?

Have the gaskets/ o-rings where oil commonly leaks ever been replaced? By Crank sensor/ crank seal

Clutch ever been replaced?

How often do you have to refill the injection tank? What if you were to just use water? what ratio mix meth/water have you been using ?

Any imperfections on the seats/rips/interior/cracks? Exterior scratches/chips? the front lip the only major issue?

Any coolant tank issues you've ever had/fixed?

Saw a YouTube of the car posted a few years ago, is everything in that video pretty much the same as the car looks today? Paint condition, under hood, etc. Minus front lip.

Ever able to get it on a lift? If so how's Rust underneath? Any bubbling anywhere on car?

Any issues, even minor , that I should know before coming 5 hrs that isn't already stated or clearly shown?

If all goes to plan - I'll grab a ride with family down, Next Friday, the 24th. Will you be available? I'll have a Prepurchase inspection done nearby and drive it, and buy. Hopefully snow goes away.

Hope to talk soon and a huge thanks in advanced for your answers,
Austin

Last edited by austin5; 02-14-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:37 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
Originally Posted by austin5
Hey there,
Just wanted to ask a few more questions so I'm not surprised by anything and for my future reference if I buy.

Did you replace the catalytic converter and evap? No issues when getting inspected? I thought I saw a post saying you replaced it but maybe it was a different mini.

How old are the tyres? Tread? All-season or summer tyres on it right now?

Have the gaskets/ o-rings where oil commonly leaks ever been replaced? By Crank sensor/ crank seal

Clutch ever been replaced?

How often do you have to refill the injection tank? What if you were to just use water? what ratio mix meth/water have you been using ?

Any imperfections on the seats/rips/interior/cracks? Exterior scratches/chips? the front lip the only major issue?

Any coolant tank issues you've ever had/fixed?

Saw a YouTube of the car posted a few years ago, is everything in that video pretty much the same as the car looks today? Paint condition, under hood, etc. Minus front lip.

Ever able to get it on a lift? If so how's Rust underneath? Any bubbling anywhere on car?

Any issues, even minor , that I should know before coming 5 hrs that isn't already stated or clearly shown?

If all goes to plan - I'll grab a ride with family down, Next Friday, the 24th. Will you be available? I'll have a Prepurchase inspection done nearby and drive it, and buy. Hopefully snow goes away.

Hope to talk soon and a huge thanks in advanced for your answers,
Austin
Hello, thanks for the questions:

- Did not replace evap. Just o2 sensors and cat. Still unsure if it will pass emissions.

- Tires are about 2-3 years old (10k-15k miles on them at most) only used in summer. Tread is good.

- Gaskets, seals, clutch have not been replaced but have had no issues.

- Filling the injection tank will vary depending on how you drive. It is connected to an electronic module that tell the pump at what PSI to begin spraying the fluid. If you have it set to 5 PSI, and are constantly flooring the pedal, you're going to need to refill the tank probably once a week. If you have it set to 10 PSI, it would be much less often. So that really depends on how you drive and what you set it to. As far as using just water, I'm sure you could, but it would lack the major cooling properties that the methanol provides. I personally have never tried that. A lot of times I just use winter windshield washer fluid because it is essentially the same thing with some added blue dye. I am unsure of the exact ratio.

- The driver side seat on the side closest to the door has some minor scratches in the leather. The headliner above the passenger side has a small and very light water stain. The exterior has one tiny ding on the driver rear (no paint or scratch, just a tiny dent). The driver door also has 1 or 2 light scratches. The passenger front wheel has a scratch on it. The fog light recesses were painted white, and are chipping away a little bit. The antenna assembly, passenger fog light, and front lip would need to be replaced if you cared about those things. Overall it is very clean.

- Under the car I have not been able to see in about a year, but I also have not driven it much in the past year. As far as I know there is nothing major. I avoid driving in the winter with snow/salt so any rust should be minimal. I am unaware of any other issues besides the possible emissions code.

- Thank you for taking the time to contact me,
-- Arthur

Old 02-15-2017, 11:25 AM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sent you a PM.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:19 PM
jown.iv
4th Gear
vehicle has been sold. thank you to all who took the time to look and ask about it. best wishes.