Go Back  North American Motoring > MINIs in General > 1st Gear
Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ? >

Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?

1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.

Thinking of New MINI Cooper 2 Door - Cooper vs S ?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:15 PM
USA-RET
5th Gear
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
More progress.....

Altair Leader already made it to NY port and left there and is now heading towards Jacksonville, FL......so, will be in USA-RET's neighborhood soon

ETA 6/14....

Excellent news, tell her to put on some sun screen, it is wickedly hot down here.................

Old 06-12-2019, 04:31 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Excellent news, tell her to put on some sun screen, it is wickedly hot down here.................
Thanks for the advice.....will do...

Cold comfort I know (no pun intended...), but it was 102 where I am in Silicon Valley the other day...thought I was going to melt when I had to be outside...

Cooled off to only 93 today......

Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM
d2mini
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, watch them offer $2500 off on 2019's ......................LOL

I fully expect to see some pretty nice incentives on dealer stock. Thinking they will be shutting down the 2019 orders as Jul 1 starts the new cycle.

So just ruminating here...suppose a person orders a car w/ say a $1000 incentive and then Mini comes out w/ a $2500 off all remaining dealer inventory. Could a person refuse delivery in which case the car goes into dealer inventory and then becomes eligible for the $2500 incentive. Naturally the dealer would have to go along with this maneuver, but in the end they (dealer) would still make the same profit while the buyer would have less out-of-pocket expense.

These are the things us retired people mull around in our noggins.to kill a day.....................LOL
From what I was told, custom orders already stopped.

And as far as the incentives go, you don't lock that in when ordering. You get whatever is available at the time of pickup.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:35 PM
USA-RET
5th Gear
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
From what I was told, custom orders already stopped.

And as far as the incentives go, you don't lock that in when ordering. You get whatever is available at the time of pickup.
Yes, very true indeed. My $2K off was if I ordered before 31 March and took delivery before 30 June (so far all is on schedule).....So the "inked" deal I have is based on that incentive.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:17 PM
d2mini
5th Gear
I just signed on a fully loaded iconic Countryman S All4 today.
My dealer said it just came out of production.
Bimmer.Work says the production date was 06-05-19... assuming that means start of.
Anyone else in this time frame, I guess soon to be waiting for a boat?
$2k off msrp but looks like I'm going to miss this month's $1500 off incentive. Hopefully there is something decent for July!

Old 06-14-2019, 09:03 AM
2017All4
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts
Bimmer.Work says the production date was 06-05-19... assuming that means start of.
$2k off msrp but looks like I'm going to miss this month's $1500 off incentive. Hopefully there is something decent for July!
Congratulations.

This thread gives hope that there are still a few MINI customers willing to step up and motor in a new MINI.

Next month it will be time for me to put together my order and my deal on my next MINI. I went on the German MINI web site yesterday and played with their version of the configurator and was able to build a 2020 Clubman to see what the new exterior colors look like. Also saw the brown Clubman interior seating for the first time. Watching you guys follow your cars has given me the fever again, just when I thought I was over it.

The following users liked this post:
d2mini (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM
USA-RET
5th Gear
Picking the car up this morning 0930. Will be nice to have a Mini back sharing the garage.

Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Pics or it didn't happen!

The following users liked this post:
2017All4 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
2017All4
Picking the car up this morning 0930. Will be nice to have a Mini back sharing the garage.
Nothing Beats that New MINI smell.
Congratulations. Hope it's as perfect as can be.
And thanks for sharing the adventure. You provided a lot of very useful information and insight throughout the process.

Last edited by 2017All4; Yesterday at 09:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
USA-RET
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 2017All4 View Post
Nothing Beats that New MINI smell.
Congratulations. Hope it's as perfect as can be.
And thanks for sharing the adventure. You provided a lot of very useful information and insight throughout the process.
Thank you for the kind words. Very much appreciated.

Here's a pix of the car as received. Wheels will be replaced, but at least its home. Car is pepper white with chrome line exterior (kinda diggin' the chrome brake ducts). (looks kinda "lemony" in the pix, must be the Florida Sun). It is actually pepper white.

Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
2017All4
Here's a pix of the car as received. Wheels will be replaced, but at least its home. Car is pepper white with chrome line exterior (kinda diggin' the chrome brake ducts). (looks kinda "lemony" in the pix, must be the Florida Sun). It is actually pepper white.
Nice!!! As a member of the satellite gray club, I will tell you you're gonna love that interior, though keeping the seats clean is an ongoing chore, in my experience.
And I like the wheels as well as the chrome bits.
Enjoy it as only folks of our vintage can.... these young people got no idea,

Now plug in a little tuning box and MOTOR!!

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM
d2mini
5th Gear
Looks great, congrats! If I didn't have two little kids I would have gotten the satellite interior on mine.

Old Today, 02:15 PM
USA-RET
5th Gear
Nice!!! As a member of the satellite gray club, I will tell you you're gonna love that interior, though keeping the seats clean is an ongoing chore, in my experience.
And I like the wheels as well as the chrome bits.
Enjoy it as only folks of our vintage can.... these young people got no idea,

Now plug in a little tuning box and MOTOR!!
Thank you. Wife and I thought this time around we'd go with a more sedate configuration. Hoping the gray interior doesn't present too much of a maintenance issue. Basically using the car for around town dinners and grocery getting. Hoping dark pants won't bleed onto the seats. Past cars w/ light leather interiors, I usually threw a towel on the seat pad when using. Dunno if I'll do that this time or not. I'll just have to watch and see. I have a leather cleaner and conditioner that I used on older cars, but now, many of the "leather" interiors are not a true leather, but rather a slurry of animal hide that is processed, rolled and patterned and treated with a protective film (BMW Dakota Leather is a prime example). Leather cleaners can actually do more harm that good as they try to penetrate the protective film. Almost, better to use a mild detergent and get surface dirt and leave the protective coating in place.

What has been your experience with the seat cleaning?

Old Today, 07:36 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Thank you for the kind words. Very much appreciated.

Looks great and I like those wheels.....and the gray interior too, which I'm getting as well....just wish they were still offering the gray door panels as well.....

One of my neighbors has the pepper white and it looks like yours color-wise.....

Enjoy!

Old Today, 07:39 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Congrats on your build and production, hopefully, it will be done by end of this week....and then on its way!

Old Today, 07:40 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Congratulations.

This thread gives hope that there are still a few MINI customers willing to step up and motor in a new MINI.

Next month it will be time for me to put together my order and my deal on my next MINI. I went on the German MINI web site yesterday and played with their version of the configurator and was able to build a 2020 Clubman to see what the new exterior colors look like. Also saw the brown Clubman interior seating for the first time. Watching you guys follow your cars has given me the fever again, just when I thought I was over it.
Sounds great...glad we could help you and MINI at the same time....

Are there many new colors?

Old Today, 07:47 PM
ArchiMark
3rd Gear
Well, more progress.....

Altair Leader came and left Jacksonville, FL, the other day.....and is now about to pass the Bahamas......

ETA to Panama Canal is this Wed, 6/19......

Hope I can watch it pass through....