Shasta Minis VIP Day Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shasta Minis VIP Day Thunderhill

Shasta Minis have been invited as VIP’s by the San Francisco Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) to a day of club racing at Thunderhill Raceway Park.

Available dates: Season Opener Saturday April 9, Sunday July 24, October 21 and we MUST pick one quickly

VIP DAY AT THE RACES

You and the Shasta Minis will be guests of the SFR SCCA for a fun-filled, action-packed day at and on the racetrack!

*Paddock Tour * Wander around the paddock and meet the people that put on the regional races including Grid, Impound, Timing and Scoring, and Race Control.

*Meet and Greet Drivers * Feel free to stop and talk to race teams within our paddock, ask them about their cars and their hobby of amateur racing. The only thing racers like to talk about more than they are their cars… (Make sure to have a lot of free time if you ask questions)J

*Racetrack Tour* Go on a rarely seen no-public access tour of the racetrack itself, including the Cyclone (turn 5), the control tower with timing & scoring, or stand in the flagging box at Thunderhill on Turn 11.

*Guided Laps on Track in YOUR car(s)* Follow the Safety Car out of Grid and onto Pit lane to enter the racetrack for your personal laps at lunch. You can choose to drive your own car, or ride shotgun in the pace car for hot laps. Note for pace car rides you must be 18 years or older as these laps are during actual “hot lap” conditions. Children are able to take guided laps during lunch.

* Access to Starter’s Box* See the action from the Start/Finish box –perfect for photo opportunities – feel the wind in your face as the cars race by..

*Hand out Checkered Flags *be the real winner as YOU stand in the pit lane and hand out checkered flags to racers before they take their victory lap!

*Afternoon Social* after the last flag has dropped, join the SFR SCCA at the afternoon social, meet the people who run the races and enjoy snacks and adult beverages.

This is offered at $25 per person and includes lunch and the necessary insurance for your car on track.

Please let me know ASAP as these VIP days are going fast. We will be the “featured VIP Club” for the day with special Shasta Minis corral parking

Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Just a reminder, if you want to join us please let me know so I can get your name on the list. email me at pooper@wildblue.net

Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
This event is open to ALL MINI/Minis and ALL clubs and ALL Mini owners. MINI/Mini is the marque car for this season opening event. All are welcome even if you are not a member of any Mini club. If you are all clubs are welcome to bring and display their banners. For those of you that have never been to a SCCA race day, you will find it exciting and you will see lots of different cars racing. Thunderhill Raceway Park is located 7 miles west of Willows off I-5. It is about an hour and a half drive from the bay area.
Our MINI/Minis will be given VIP treatment with corrall parking and parade laps at lunch. See above for many of the special treats and access we will be given. There is a club house to visit and lounge, and a grill for snacks, burgers, and sodas, a souvenier store, and several spots around the track for watching and taking pictures, plus you can walk through the paddock and visit with the drivers and see the cars up close.
The $25 cost for the day includes lunch, so come on out and join us.
Please email me pooper@wildblue.net or PM me so I can get a head count and your name on the list.