North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/rocky-mountain-24/)
-   -   Anybody around Cedar City UT? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/rocky-mountain/207161-anybody-around-cedar-city-ut.html)

llabmik2 03-27-2011 04:50 PM

Anybody around Cedar City UT?

Just checking to see if anybody here is around the awesomly boring city of Cedar City?

Revolution Mini Works 03-27-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by llabmik2 (Post 3246584)
Just checking to see if anybody here is around the awesomly boring city of Cedar City?

nice sig:lol: :thumbsup:

llabmik2 03-27-2011 05:26 PM

lol. Thought you would like that. No need to tell everybody what it has I'll just show them. :eek2:

Revolution Mini Works 03-27-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by llabmik2 (Post 3246611)
lol. Thought you would like that. No need to tell everybody what it has I'll just show them. :eek2:

exactly.....your car is so quiet it's a true stealth bomber:thumbsup:

duvinclunk 06-14-2011 12:09 PM

SLC here...not really near Cedar City. :razz:

Boosted_Mini 06-14-2011 02:37 PM

South Jordan UT here.. not really cedar either.

Try MINIUtah they are the mini forum locally, fairly slow but post an intro etc. You might find what you are looking for.

How do you like your RMW tune, I thought about going with them but customer service doesnt exsist so I have found I am going to need something else.

llabmik2 06-14-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_Mini (Post 3305049)
South Jordan UT here.. not really cedar either.

Try MINIUtah they are the mini forum locally, fairly slow but post an intro etc. You might find what you are looking for.

How do you like your RMW tune, I thought about going with them but customer service doesnt exsist so I have found I am going to need something else.

Its more then tuned. Its a built motor, head with cam OS Giken ect ect. 260ish through the stock exhaust also with a cat. I love it. Engine is SMOOTH.

I dont know what you mean by customer service doesnt exist. When I called the first time I talked with Jan for about a 30 mins just bullshiting. Then he stayed till 8 at night for me to get my car there, and take me for a ride in another built mini. We were there till about 10 just talking. Also kept my car for a week with out a single complaint because my wife couldn't get there to pick it up because of her school schedule. Picked her up from the airport and all that also. So to me that is pretty good on the customer service side.

Jan is a good dude. Not sure what you had a bad experience with I'm sure if you talked to him about it he would correct though.

Boosted_Mini 06-14-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by llabmik2 (Post 3305210)
Its more then tuned. Its a built motor, head with cam OS Giken ect ect. 260ish through the stock exhaust also with a cat. I love it. Engine is SMOOTH.

I dont know what you mean by customer service doesnt exist. When I called the first time I talked with Jan for about a 30 mins just bullshiting. Then he stayed till 8 at night for me to get my car there, and take me for a ride in another built mini. We were there till about 10 just talking. Also kept my car for a week with out a single complaint because my wife couldn't get there to pick it up because of her school schedule. Picked her up from the airport and all that also. So to me that is pretty good on the customer service side.

Jan is a good dude. Not sure what you had a bad experience with I'm sure if you talked to him about it he would correct though.

Very nice, your power is about where I would like to get to. I am looking to get to 260whp =) stock block.. or however long that lasts since built motors dont really exist for the R56.

What brings you to Cedar?

llabmik2 06-15-2011 11:29 AM

It would have been a stock block, but the engine decided it didnt want to stay together lol. I did 500ish AWHP on my evo before building it, so I like staying on the stock internals as long as I can lol.

The Mini is the wifes, I just get to mess around with it. The MPG also went up, she likes that. I don't I work in the industry so I want it to use as much as it can lol.

The wife is going to SUU. Then we go to Denver or SLC after she is done with that for grad school. Cedar isnt bad, its just small. I do like the fact that Cedar Canyon is only like 5 miles away from where I live so that always fun to go through on the GSXR. I think that is the only good part about living here :lol:

Boosted_Mini 06-15-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by llabmik2 (Post 3305565)
It would have been a stock block, but the engine decided it didnt want to stay together lol. I did 500ish AWHP on my evo before building it, so I like staying on the stock internals as long as I can lol.

The wife is going to SUU. Then we go to Denver or SLC after she is done with that for grad school. Cedar isnt bad, its just small. I do like the fact that Cedar Canyon is only like 5 miles away from where I live so that always fun to go through on the GSXR. I think that is the only good part about living here :lol:

Yeah I have been up through duck creek a few times, fun roads up there for sure. There are a ton of canyon and twistie roads in utah i love it. Yeah I am hoping my motor stays together to be honest. I am about to go through and replace my entire timing setup just cause I hear they fail on my car. haha. I am hoping preventive maintenance is going to help keep it together, but who knows.

Jim Conforti actually lives up by me (big bmw and r53 tuner) I was hoping he would tune the r56 but he sold he rights sadly.