Road Racing Discussion Interested in taking your MINI road racing? Find out what you need to do to get your MINI ready!

NASA race May 30th & 31st

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Paulo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NASA race May 30th & 31st

Jason & I will be competing in the GTS-3 class along with quite a large field of cars that make up the "THUNDER" group race. There are 6 cars in our class so far in including us. The others are BMWs and a very quick Porsche 924S.
Weather should be great and not as brutally hot as last year.
Come by and visit us in the paddock if you come to Barber.
Cheers,
Steve

Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 PM
minispeedrcr
3rd Gear
Hey Steve.
Good luck this weekend. I think you know my race car fairly well (used to be called the Mule). I'll be racing this weekend also with NASA but on the west coast running in the USTCC.
I've been looking at also running the GTS to get some extra track time. We can add an extra race group for an extra $50 for the weekend. The GTS is gaining in popularity here in Northern California. They have had a good turn out so far this year. Looking at the rules it looks like I would also be in GTS3.

Vince

Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Paulo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minispeedrcr
Hey Steve.
Good luck this weekend. I think you know my race car fairly well (used to be called the Mule). I'll be racing this weekend also with NASA but on the west coast running in the USTCC.
I've been looking at also running the GTS to get some extra track time. We can add an extra race group for an extra $50 for the weekend. The GTS is gaining in popularity here in Northern California. They have had a good turn out so far this year. Looking at the rules it looks like I would also be in GTS3.

Vince
Hello Vince,
Glad to hear there is another Mini racer out there. You bought Randy's "Mule" I see, know the car well as we met three times during the NAMCC in 2006.
Did you you remove that turbo he had installed?
GTS is a popular class and has a lot of BMWCCA club racers that participate.
The rules are quite simple and a well prepared Mini can be very competitive in GTS-3.
Here is a clip from last year at Barber, nice to here from you.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAo4JZeVioE

Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 AM
phlash
4th Gear
Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting with you and your crew this weekend. Thanks for your input on the backing out of the front bolts issue I was having on my factory JCW after the first session. I got the chance to meet and speak with all of the folks campaigning MINI's this weekend, including Phil Wicks. Try as I might, I ended up picking up a couple other folks that wanted some help on track, and never made it back up to talk with you. You guys missed some great BBQ Saturday night...maybe next time. Thanks again.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Paulo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by phlash
Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting with you and your crew this weekend. Thanks for your input on the backing out of the front bolts issue I was having on my factory JCW after the first session. I got the chance to meet and speak with all of the folks campaigning MINI's this weekend, including Phil Wicks. Try as I might, I ended up picking up a couple other folks that wanted some help on track, and never made it back up to talk with you. You guys missed some great BBQ Saturday night...maybe next time. Thanks again.
Thanks,
enjoyed meeting you also and seeing Phil Wicks again also.
He was kind enough to lend us his transponder for Jason's race since ours had fallen off and wost lost.
My qualifying session and race had to be timed manually by the tower.
Check out both videos on my most recent thread of the past weekend.
Steve