R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 2015 Mini Paceman Hate Run Flats looking for those that have switched to regular tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:40 AM
RickRNCT
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2015 Mini Paceman Hate Run Flats looking for those that have switched to regular tire

Hello. I have a 2015 Mini Paceman S All4 w/ 18" wheels runflat Pirelli tires. I love the car but absolutely hate the ride with the run flats. I'm looking for advice from those that have switched back to a regular all season performance tire or all season touring tire for their recommendations. My research thus far has led me to narrow it down to the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. Have any Paceman owners switched to a regular tire?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 09-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
On our Countryman (almost same as Paceman) I went to Conti DWS06 tires. Ride was smoother over bumps,etc. Noise was a bit less as well. I only used the car for a short time after the switch-over before my son absconded with it.

For the way the car gets used, next time I would have looked for a higher quality run flat so I didn't have to carry the spare and all the other items.

For my F56 I will debate the process again when new tires are needed. I don't think it is a cut and dry switch for me. Some of the newer RF's are excellent from the reviews.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I made the switch. I had 19" rims and dropped to 18" and put Yokohama's ADVAN Sports (245/50/R18) over sized a little and made a few modifications, 5mm spacers in the rear and spring suppressors in the rear. Best move I made! ride is great, quite and gripes like a banshee. I don't carry a spare but thinking about getting a donut.

Originally Posted by RickRNCT
Hello. I have a 2015 Mini Paceman S All4 w/ 18" wheels runflat Pirelli tires. I love the car but absolutely hate the ride with the run flats. I'm looking for advice from those that have switched back to a regular all season performance tire or all season touring tire for their recommendations. My research thus far has led me to narrow it down to the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. Have any Paceman owners switched to a regular tire?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 11-12-2017, 05:11 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
Ditching the runflats is often the first thing new MINI owners do. Most use AAA or carry a Slime kit. I use All Season Contis on my Paceman, and an ultra summer performance tire on my 02 MCS that doesn't get driven over the winter. Once you do the change, you will have a totally different ride quality, and for the better! Even the best runflats can't compare in performance to conventional tires because of the nature of their construction (very stiff sidewalls).

Old 11-13-2017, 08:43 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
+1 ditch the runflats and get a much better ride. Then get a tire mobility kit as a back up.

For the 4 wheel drive all seasons most people like the All Season Contis.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 AM
'05Train
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I stuck with R/F for the winter, and use standard tires for the summer. I'm a big fan of the S-04 Pole Position as a summer tire.