North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R61 :: Paceman Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r61-paceman-talk-419/)
-   -   R61 Paceman now prefect (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r61-paceman-talk/277023-paceman-now-prefect.html)

miniwpbear 09-14-2014 01:27 PM

I have had a jb+ for a long time now and was improved but still had frustrating moments when accelerating. I finally added a Sprintbooster and now the car is complete!

Acceleration is available at all gears and speeds. The automatic trans that is always looked down on was not the problem. The weight of the CM/PM was also not the problem.

The Sprintbooster or jb+ by itself is not the solution, combined they are prefect.

These engine add ons and my suspension upgrades make this the best Mini model!

HorseWithNoName 09-17-2014 12:42 PM

Do you have a fwd or awd? Just curious.

miniwpbear 09-17-2014 01:00 PM

Fwd

HorseWithNoName 09-17-2014 03:54 PM

Thanks

ECSTuning 09-19-2014 05:53 AM

Glad your spinrtbooster made the difference and it worked. What year/month PM do you have some 2014 models had some issues with it working correctly at first. Had to reset with the door open method.

miniwpbear 09-19-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 3990636)
Glad your spinrtbooster made the difference and it worked. What year/month PM do you have some 2014 models had some issues with it working correctly at first. Had to reset with the door open method.

2013 February

ECSTuning 09-22-2014 07:35 AM

Thanks for the update. :)

watkinra 10-25-2014 08:16 AM

Who is the genius at MINI who designed the vehicle. Apparently I learned the hard way that the R53 and R56 are the better car because of the ergonomics and performance and handling right from the showroom floor. The doors at HUGE and way to heavy. They are mounted to the chassis that makes them difficult to open in tight spaces and I can't tell you how many times I've had to close the door a second time because that genius forgot to automatically crack the windows for pressure relief. The windshield is way beyond reach for anything mounted inside, like GPS.the lillumination around the toggle switches is way to dim, it is way to tall to conveniently reach the roof. I have more room between the seats to reach items in the rear seat are in myR56, minimal space for access to the iPod adaptor cable, and no space to store the cable when I do situate it between all of the stuff that is in front of the rail system.
The other two MINI's have spoiled me so my assessment of the new larger cars is NOT favorable. Just thought I'd pass this on to prospective buyers to assess for themselves when considering paceman/countryman vehicles.
We still need the Clubman availability for folks who want to drive the perfect MINi/BMW product
I plan to sell it as soon as I can because my wife does not like the car at all, and I got it for her.

watkinra 10-25-2014 08:28 AM

Oh yes, can't forget that rail system design. Does anybody use that? First of all I is in the way of the front cup holders as larger cups contact the seat heat switches. Btw, I have fwd version and the thing tram lines terribly.
I'm through for now. Anybody thinking of this vehicle, re look the smaller MINI or get a different brand.

Minnie.the.Moocher 10-25-2014 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by watkinra (Post 4005403)
I'm through for now. Anybody thinking of this vehicle, re look the smaller MINI or get a different brand.

Completely different cars and target audiences. Personally I prefer the Countryman over the Paceman as I want 4 doors.

HorseWithNoName 10-25-2014 04:29 PM

watkinra

Please sell or trade it and quit whining...it's the best Mini I've owned to date.

bratling 10-25-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by watkinra (Post 4005403)
Btw, I have fwd version and the thing tram lines terribly.

That it usually a tire problem, not a chassis or suspension design problem.

HorseWithNoName 10-25-2014 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bratling (Post 4005609)
That it usually a tire problem, not a chassis or suspension design problem.

Or an alignment issue.

fishbulb 10-26-2014 12:37 PM

Op: what suspension work do you have done?

mikey_t 10-26-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by HorseWithNoName (Post 4005564)
Please sell or trade it and quit whining...it's the best Mini I've owned to date.

X2
:thumbsup:

miniwpbear 10-26-2014 02:50 PM

HR Springs, VIP Customs Rear Sway and Front Strut Bar, Megan rear lower control arms.

fishbulb 10-26-2014 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by miniwpbear (Post 4005909)
HR Springs, VIP Customs Rear Sway and Front Strut Bar, Megan rear lower control arms.

Excellent - thank you!

percymon 12-03-2014 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by watkinra (Post 4005400)
Who is the genius at MINI who designed the vehicle. Apparently I learned the hard way that the R53 and R56 are the better car because of the ergonomics and performance and handling right from the showroom floor. The doors at HUGE and way to heavy. They are mounted to the chassis that makes them difficult to open in tight spaces and I can't tell you how many times I've had to close the door a second time because that genius forgot to automatically crack the windows for pressure relief. The windshield is way beyond reach for anything mounted inside, like GPS.the lillumination around the toggle switches is way to dim, it is way to tall to conveniently reach the roof. I have more room between the seats to reach items in the rear seat are in myR56, minimal space for access to the iPod adaptor cable, and no space to store the cable when I do situate it between all of the stuff that is in front of the rail system.
The other two MINI's have spoiled me so my assessment of the new larger cars is NOT favorable. Just thought I'd pass this on to prospective buyers to assess for themselves when considering paceman/countryman vehicles.
We still need the Clubman availability for folks who want to drive the perfect MINi/BMW product
I plan to sell it as soon as I can because my wife does not like the car at all, and I got it for her.

Sadly its grown up, been on steroids, put on some pounds and followed the style trend of the Range Rover Evoque. Its no go-kart like the R53/56 but then people outgrown the smaller cars and this tries to offer a less raw (more mature ?) approach. Countryman if you've got a young family, Paceman if you've not got there yet or been there and fled the nest :wink:

Eds not-so-red MINI 12-04-2014 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by percymon (Post 4019537)
Sadly its grown up, been on steroids, put on some pounds and followed the style trend of the Range Rover Evoque. Its no go-kart like the R53/56 but then people outgrown the smaller cars and this tries to offer a less raw (more mature ?) approach. Countryman if you've got a young family, Paceman if you've not got there yet or been there and fled the nest :wink:

Well that just about hits it right on the head. All you can really add to this is the fact that MINI's in general are a little bit quirky and aren't for everybody. Countryman and Paceman are meant to broaden the appeal of the brand, but they're still quirky MINI's. :lol:

bratling 12-04-2014 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI (Post 4019704)
Well that just about hits it right on the head. All you can really add to this is the fact that MINI's in general are a little bit quirky and aren't for everybody. Countryman and Paceman are meant to broaden the appeal of the brand, but they're still quirky MINI's. :lol:

Bingo. The CM and PM aren't meant to appeal to everyone, any more than the Hardtop or Convertible is.

The Countryman is designed to appeal to those who like the idea of a Mini but require (for whatever reason) more doors, more space, and the option of AWD.

The Paceman is designed for those who want the height, cargo space, and/or AWD option of the Countryman, but prefer a two-door aesthetic.

Neither are meant to replace the R56. If they made every R56 owner happy, then why even make them? Wouldn't make any sense.

"Broadening" the customer base necessarily means making vehicles with different attributes, and that won't make owners of other models happy. :)

And to the guy who bought a car for his wife and she hates it… did you ask her first if she wanted it? :popcorn: runs away ;-)

ECSTuning 12-05-2014 06:08 AM

Really like the Paceman JCW. just might need lowered a bit with H&Rs. Here is one in frozen black.

http://images.caricos.com/m/mini/201..._1920x1080.jpg

bratling 12-05-2014 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 4020056)
Really like the Paceman JCW. just might need lowered a bit with H&Rs. Here is one in frozen black.

Oh wow… I had seen the Frozen Black Countryman, had no idea there was a Paceman edition too! Just went to find more pics:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/19/m...ryman-paceman/

That's so sexy.

ECSTuning 12-05-2014 07:05 AM

+1 We did some some frozen black ( Black Knight ) limited edition Countrymans , But I believe we did not get them on the Paceman. Should have came to the US, people would have jumped on them.