R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 WMW Res Delete Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:05 AM
voided_warranty
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WMW Res Delete Pipe

Hey everyone, I just ordered the way motor works (WMW) resonator delete pipe that replaces the stock muffler baffling in the piping on the hot side of the turbo...does anyone know how to install it?? I can't seem to find any videos or specific instructions online and id like to know what tools I need to do the job - I have a R60 cooper s countryman FWD

Old 11-03-2017, 11:13 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
It pretty involved. The hardest part is getting to the Torx 20 (or Torx 25) screw holding the Turbo Muffler in place. It’s a bit easier if you have a flexible screwdriver tip (about $10 at most hardware stores). You don’t have to disconnect the battery, but for peace of mind it’s good practice. You just have to re-do the time and radio settings when you are done. As always it’s best to do this while the car is cold, learn from my mistake here.

1) Remove the Turbo inlet pipe to make it easier to work on

2) Remove the reservoir tank 10mm screw and pop it off the rubber grommet that’s holding it in. You do not have to disconnect the tank just move it out of the way.

3) You will not be able to see the top of the screw with out disconnecting and removing tons of stuff so, be Jedi like and once you get the Torx on the screw just unscrew.

4) Unscrew the Turbo end hose clamp first before going under the car

5) Raise the front end and the secure on jack stands.

6) Under the car there is a slot to get to the bottom hose clamp, once it’s off the hardest part is getting the hose off the FMIC.

7) Remove the OEM hot side charge pipe from the top

8) Connect the bottom part of the hose and clamp first

9) Lower the car off the jack stands

10) Attach top hose to Turbo and clamp well

11) Re-Install the Coolant reservoir by fitting the the top tabs first and pushing it back on to the rubber grommet and securing it with that 10mm screw.

12) Re-Install the Turbo inlet hose and secure all the connection.

13) double check that all the sensor are properly connected

14) start car and go for a test drive

The following users liked this post:
Jwanck11 (11-07-2017)