R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Just not happy with Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Just not happy with Dealership

Last time I got the car back, the paint has terrible scratches - presumably from a post-maintenance wash job gone bad. I will have to go at it with the polisher at some point to deal with it. For a 2012, it actually has decent paint until they got their mits on it.

Today we changed the oil. There was a hissing sound coming from the air filter. Removed the cover to find a nasty air filter that definitely needs to be replaced. That was supposed to have been checked - or so the paperwork said it was. Tightened everything back up and the hissing vanished.

I think I already mentioned in another thread that the front driver's wheel lugs were on so tight, I had to get an impact drill to get them to break loose (and I am not a little man.)

At some point, paying through the nose for what is supposed to be good service went out the window. So, it is back to turning wrenches. This is not a horrible thing, but when I pay for service I do expect quality service.

/endrant.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM
R56devotion
3rd Gear
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Techs at dealers don’t give a crap. They spend more time doing paperwork than improving the cars condition!

Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
What is the name of the dealership? Customers should out the incompetent.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
This is the Mini dealership near Philadelphia, PA. I am certain that people have had good service from them although our experience has not been good at all.

Every time I show up, the service manager comes to me with a list that totals in excess of 1K and I am just not into saying, OK. I am not sure if this is somehow upsetting to them?

This same dealership also lost a purchase. I was going back and forth with them for awhile as I honed in on what I really wanted. It seems they mistook me for a tire-kicker and stopped responding to me. So, I went a state away and ordered my JCW.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
You need to find a good independent shop. It is the practice of dealerships to do no more than throw new parts at a problem in hopes that fixes it rather than get their fingernails dirty where the indie will figure things out.