R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Bluetooth for 2012 Cm

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 12:16 AM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth for 2012 Cm

So I did search and while I found several threads with options, they were older and most of them didn't seem like they would work for my situation. The tune2air seemed good, except it seems that it needs both aux and USB ports. I don't have a USB port just aux. you would think since the phone buttons are there already it would be a matter of programming the car. Today's tech, and you can't get something so simple as Bluetooth lol. And problem for me is I can't even get the phone connected. The manual says press menu then phone option, but I got no phone option, yet I have phone buttons on the wheel and the stereo. So what the heck? I tried pressing, then holding down the steering button but nothing. Could it be broken?

Old 06-11-2017, 09:15 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
You have to set the Bluetooth up through the radio first before you can use the steering wheel buttons

Old 06-11-2017, 11:11 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MannyJimenez
You have to set the Bluetooth up through the radio first before you can use the steering wheel buttons
Maybe this will help. I have no option for phone at all to even pair for bt. I'm very tech savvy so I'm not sure what I'm missing here.ive looked through every option in menus. Im gonna go to Mini tomorrow in any case.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Did you check here http://www.bimmer.work to see what options you have?

Clubman or Countryman?

Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
See if you have the Bluetooth module in the passenger overhead light vent, if not you can always invest in an AUX BT device

Old 06-14-2017, 01:39 PM
pinkmini
2nd Gear
Ok, here's my update and final solution. Went to Mini, and thanked them for confirming i have pretty phone buttons that do NOTHING :( Oh well at least I have my Aux. But since I have an Iphone 7s Plus, I had another huge issue. It uses lightning instead of aux as you're prob aware. so I can only hear music (with the adapter) or charge my phone, but not both :( UGh talk about frustrating. and I hate wires. So I thought maybe there's a y splitter? Whats the luck? Turns out there is such a thing. BUT that doesn't work with the 10.3 IOS update :( UGH R U kidding me??? Ok so the happy ending is coming I promise...searching amazon for the splitter this little transmitter pops up in the suggested items...MPOW 4.1 bluetooth. its super small and plugs into the aux, connects to your phone and BAM now you have bluetooth in your car and you can still charge your phone! I watched some video reviews on youtube and seems to be a solid product. I did buy mine on ebay for $12 but here is the amazon link for reference. I will post a review/update after I get to test it out!
Amazon Amazon