R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 F60 July 2017 Builds

Old 05-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F60 July 2017 Builds

I put my deposit down a few weeks ago and I'm doing my best to patiently wait July build slots to come available. I had the dealer hold my order until Apple Car Play and the slightly revised gages to come out before they assign me to a build slot.

July Builds

Anybody else in the same boat?

Also, my current countryman is a '14 and the model year switchover was in July when I bought mine. Does anybody know if starting in July the Countryman will be '18 model year or are they going to hold off a bit because the '17's just hit dealers in March, at least that was the case in the US.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:28 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Same boat here (been waiting for the CarPlay feature as well, otherwise I would have ordered months ago)... I am (im)patiently waiting for the order banks to open! My sales guy knows I want to order as soon as they do open... Should be in the next few weeks...

I would imagine it'll be an '18, but I don't know for sure (we'll find out when we put our order in I suppose)!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:40 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
july 2017 revision

Wow, nice other than my F60 is already out-of-date.

Here is another article with photos. Individual height setting for the Head-Up Display will now be stored in the personal profile on the vehicle key....that should have been standard already. It'd be nice if they did a software update for existing F60s. I'm near 6ft and my wife is near 5ft so we always have to adjust it manually.

In the one photo, the song titles are in the heads-up display, that's pretty cool. I don't really like looking at the center console when I'm trying to find a particular song.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
The one thing I am not happy about is them moving the "sport/eco" "button" from the gear ring to an actual switch on the center stack... I was looking forward to that! I always drive in sport mode and already have to hit the damn button on our R60, which is in an inconvenient place, especially if you have drinks in the cup holders (why can't that be a default that is stored on the key?!?!)

Luckily, the wife and I are close enough in height that both of us drive in the same position, although I can't remember if we both used the same position for the heads up display when we went for the test drive... I didn't really care for it myself (and am pissed I have to get it if I want the upgraded Nav system)...

Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
I know the Apple Play isn't available as a retro fit but it would seem that storing the settings in the key fob would only be a software update.

I agree that moving the sport function to a toggle isn't a great move. In my R60 I hardly ever use it because of that fact, not to mention than with the manual transmission I've never noticed much difference with it on. Do you?

Old 05-24-2017, 09:23 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Montgoau
I know the Apple Play isn't available as a retro fit but it would seem that storing the settings in the key fob would only be a software update.

I agree that moving the sport function to a toggle isn't a great move. In my R60 I hardly ever use it because of that fact, not to mention than with the manual transmission I've never noticed much difference with it on. Do you?
I definitely notice a difference... Especially if I forget to press the button! I wonder why it keeps bogging down every once in a while (especially at a stop sign/light or punching it to say get on the freeway), and then I notice I forgot to press the button... I also just added a JB+ and that adds some oomph as well... :D

Old 05-30-2017, 08:11 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by iceknyght
Same boat here (been waiting for the CarPlay feature as well, otherwise I would have ordered months ago)... I am (im)patiently waiting for the order banks to open! My sales guy knows I want to order as soon as they do open... Should be in the next few weeks...

I would imagine it'll be an '18, but I don't know for sure (we'll find out when we put our order in I suppose)!
Same here. Waited for July build, and all that entails. Might wait for iPhone 8 too, though, which will hopefully support Qi wireless charging. Wireless CarPlay is a worthy thing to wait for.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Just placed a $1000 deposit to preorder the Hybrid version for the July build yesterday and it will be expected in production in the 1st week of July (week 27). CarPlay is part of the pre-order and I heard that the mode year of Countryman built in or after July will be 2018.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:38 PM
wildone3c
Coordinator :: Gulf South Motoring
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just place my order two weeks ago for a build starting next week. I really wanted to wait for CarPlay but went with the 2017 vs having to wait and extra 6-8 weeks for a 2018 while they retool the MINI plant in June. Plus I couldn't pass up the $2000 in rebates for the 2017's which end today so I was able to use that for more options. MINI #6 here we come!

Last edited by wildone3c; 05-31-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
I heard back from my dealer today and he confirmed that the model year will indeed change to 2018 starting with the July builds. He expects the official option list to come out in the next week or two.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:00 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Almost there! :D

Old 06-04-2017, 10:55 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Just put my deposit down yesterday and ordered a '18 F60! Now we play the waiting game... Again... LOL!

Old 06-04-2017, 11:23 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Congrats on your deposit and starting the waiting game.

The waiting game ahhhhh!!!

My completion date has pushed out to the 8th of June. They are building all SEs for North America as 18's by vin and registration at launch. Don't know if they will get the other 18 stuff. But completion has rolled twice so they must be working through something.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:45 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Will CarPlay cost extra as an option if a 8.8" screen is part of the July 2017 build?

Old 06-05-2017, 08:48 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
When I talked to my sales guy, he saw nothing extra in the cost, but it is part of the Tech Pkg. And it will only be available on the 2018 models (and up), which is why I had been waiting! From what I have heard, it cannot be retro-fitted onto the '17's or earlier models... :(

Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Great. When we got the price quote, the GM said the price for CarPlay on the price inquire showed blocked and he thought the option cost extra. He said if CarPlay costs nothing, he will give me some off from the total price

Last edited by pyuhlu; 06-05-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
The CarPlay option is $300 on the BMW lineup and since it's the same setup on the F60 I assume we are going to see the same or very similar pricing.

CarPlay Pricing

Old 06-06-2017, 08:21 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
In fact, it is ready to configure the 2018 model from the Mini USA web site now. Carplay is part of the Technology Package or Fully Loaded Package and can not be ordered alone. Some modifications are shown as a 2018 model

Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Looks like the MSRP went up but $600 on the All4 S model. If anybody get's an production build slot for a July build chime in and let us know. I reached out to my sales guy to see if he can put the order into his system now that the main site has been updated.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
My order is in, but I am still waiting on my sales guy to get back to me with the production number. He said it looked like everything went through okay, but he wanted to make sure it took before sending me all the "official" stuff... So, hopefully in the next day or two...

Old 06-07-2017, 12:53 PM
dansalcedo
Neutral
Hi Folks,

New to the site. Ordered my F60 last month and was told as of Monday that its production is complete. Even though the Lounge says sched for production.

Guess its a waiting game for the vessel info right?

Love the site!! Here is a pic of my Grayson.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
dansalcedo - Nice, tracking the boat is a fun part of the process.

I got my prod number from my dealer today, looks like I'm currently scheduled for a late July build but he says that subject to change in either direction.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:25 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Got our production number! It populates in the Mini Lounge, but that's about it since production is next month, but I have the number and am in the queue! :D

Old 06-08-2017, 03:37 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Ethel completed build today and is waiting move to the port. Now the tracking begins.
Based on the typical time to Zeebrugge and the ship schedules she should arrive Baltimore the week of the 26th. The ship schedule is heavy loaded to arrive that week ahead of the July 4th week. Also there is a massive push of ro-ro freight back out of the port before the Quarter end that also drives the schedule of heavy inbound. It is one of the heaviest outbound times of the year heavy equipment etc. outbound.

if she she doesn't catch this wave then it will be 2nd week of July since arrival schedule is pretty sparse the 1st week of July.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:07 PM
dansalcedo
Neutral
Grayson is currently on the Taipan and is lost in the Atlantic. Hasn't been heard from for over a day. Supposed to dock anytime from 6/20 to 6/21 in Baltimore. Previous post says about a week till dealer. Will go to NY VDC first where US parts (dash, wiring, etc) will be installed. Then on to Mini of Cleveland!!!

Super excited if you couldn't tell!!!

Search this Thread