R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 F60 Delivery & Photos Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:57 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Benibiker
No doubt the new interiors are amazing!
Yes, i like the interior and gradually getting use to the controls. Writing the address for navi is interesting and quicker than the dial, but touchscreen is quicker still. My only concern is the lack of covered storage for the little things - name tags, business cards, hand sanitizer, aspirin or other OTC med, checkbook/deposit slips, etc. Other than the glove box, the only other covered is the wireless charger platform. While apparently works with android, is essentially useless with Apple - requiring an adapter which is essentially a new case for each phone. I use the USB to charge, and not limited to phone if my iPad which would not fit the wireless platform also needs a charge. While I primarilly use bluetooth for phone, when plugged into usb shows both available but the usb is charge only with everything else via bluetooth. On trips, can stream Amazon Prime free playlists and keep a full charge on the phone. May look for a small cosmetic bag (2.5x3x up to 12) that will slide into the door panel for some of the larger small stuff that won't fit in the shallow wireless container that I don't use. Looked for that hidden drawer under seat but must be an option. Electronics take up most of the driver seat, but appear to have space under passenger seat - just don't see monting rails if I make one.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye
Yes, i like the interior and gradually getting use to the controls. Writing the address for navi is interesting and quicker than the dial, but touchscreen is quicker still. My only concern is the lack of covered storage for the little things - name tags, business cards, hand sanitizer, aspirin or other OTC med, checkbook/deposit slips, etc. Other than the glove box, the only other covered is the wireless charger platform. While apparently works with android, is essentially useless with Apple - requiring an adapter which is essentially a new case for each phone. I use the USB to charge, and not limited to phone if my iPad which would not fit the wireless platform also needs a charge. While I primarilly use bluetooth for phone, when plugged into usb shows both available but the usb is charge only with everything else via bluetooth. On trips, can stream Amazon Prime free playlists and keep a full charge on the phone. May look for a small cosmetic bag (2.5x3x up to 12) that will slide into the door panel for some of the larger small stuff that won't fit in the shallow wireless container that I don't use. Looked for that hidden drawer under seat but must be an option. Electronics take up most of the driver seat, but appear to have space under passenger seat - just don't see monting rails if I make one.
Both USB ports can be used for music - prety sure can be used simultaneously too. I have a tiny Samsung 128GB USB drive in the USB port under the armrest. Barely noticeable and contains 12K songs.

Hidden drawer is not an option. It is on drivers seat, small pull down door. I have Fully Loaded too and drawer is there.

The wireless charging is for any phone or case that has Qi Wireless charging compatibility. Works great with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge though it is standard wireless charging, not the newer Fast Wireless.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:25 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the 4 attached photos, I don't see any hidden drawer. Assuming that white plastic with the BMW logo that clips on is a cover for electronics and not a drawer. Enlarged, and while quite clear it was in German and couldn't read it. (Lover the close focus range of this ultrawide angle lens). Nothing under the passenger seat other than electronics (and more room). Center console shows the limited (shallow) storage when using the wireless compartment for storage of small items. Thinking about a small cosmetic case for storing small items with far more room and look neat/hidden vs open dumped mess. Only seen one that size in red, but some bicycle topbar cases would also fit. That would free up the charger.

Android phones have no problem as they generally include the Qi chip. Apple requires an adapter to add. Apple required adding the Qi chip either as a new $50 case for each phone, a $12 thin sheet from Amazon that fits between the phone and original case but plugs in (monopolizes) the lighting port and uncertain if can be removed with the cas on to fit other accessories. BMW (but not Mini) also sells a $99 slide in adapter for the X1 where multiple phones could use it. Could almost build that with the $12 Amazon item mounted to cardboard (or something) with the one end built up to mount the lightning plug and simply slide the phone in.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Odd. Perhaps the hidden drawer is trim level specific? We have the drawer in our S All4.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Ryan Pruett
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been fun looking at everyone's new CM photos. Here is our new S All4 with 6 speed manual. We love it! The dealer had ordered it and we got a much better price as opposed to building it custom.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:24 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Odd. Perhaps the hidden drawer is trim level specific? We have the drawer in our S All4.
Yes, part of the Convenience Package

Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I picked mine up last month but just posting photos now. I also got the Illuminated Piano Black interior but haven't taken any interior photos. I'll keep it light with only 2 photos since quite a few F60 photos already have been posted.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just picked this guy up on Tuesday. Still unsure of my decision, traded it for a my 2015 Mini Cooper JCW with around 300hp. But, family is happier to get in and out of the car now.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Delivery & Photos Thread-new-mini1.jpg  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan Pruett
It's been fun looking at everyone's new CM photos. Here is our new S All4 with 6 speed manual. We love it! The dealer had ordered it and we got a much better price as opposed to building it custom.

Melting Silver or Space Grey?

Old 05-20-2017, 01:49 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jetmechinnc
Just picked this guy up on Tuesday. Still unsure of my decision, traded it for a my 2015 Mini Cooper JCW with around 300hp. But, family is happier to get in and out of the car now.
Those rally wheels are my new favorite OEM wheel

Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Kowboycoop
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2017 Country Man S Island Blue

Ordered it 3 months ago got Parker Blue a few weeks ago. Love it.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:22 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Ethel is doing well, the spousal unit is adjusting to the tech change from her 2005 Nissan Xterra. Not much room in the boot. The power cord is from Delphi, nice thing is you can mount on the wall. Mini is now offering a high speed charger but I am going to see how the 110 serves me. Cost of running 220 to the garage is 2x the conditioner. Seems to be about 6 hrs to charge on 110.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Delivery & Photos Thread-img_1240.jpg   F60 Delivery & Photos Thread-img_1244.jpg   F60 Delivery & Photos Thread-img_1245.jpg   F60 Delivery & Photos Thread-img_1255.jpg  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Thats great, I just saw one in person at the PVGP. MINIUSA brought it.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172