R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 F60 Countryman Owner's Manual PDF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
F60 Countryman Owner's Manual PDF?

Hi,
I did a google search for the new 2017 F60 Countryman Owner's Manual but had no success. Does anyone know where I get a PDF of the Owner's Manual? Perhaps someone got it through the dealer or MINI directly?

-Jason

Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
I just checked the MINI Owners Lounge and they have owners manuals posted only through 2015 model year. Hopefully they will update so the PDF can be downloaded.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Also not yest posted on the MINI website

Old 02-21-2017, 09:31 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
The PDF probably won't be posted for months. Usually not until long after the car has started deliveries to customers.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
The PDF probably won't be posted for months. Usually not until long after the car has started deliveries to customers.
Well customer deliveries are right around the corner. My F60 is on a RoRo which is currently docked in Halifax. ETA for unloading in port of NY is 2/23. We are in Philly so expect delivery first week in March assuming no unusual delays or administrative holdups.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:36 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Well customer deliveries are right around the corner. My F60 is on a RoRo which is currently docked in Halifax. ETA for unloading in port of NY is 2/23. We are in Philly so expect delivery first week in March assuming no unusual delays or administrative holdups.
Still, given MINIUSA's history of lag in updating the website, it wouldn't be unusual if they don't post the PDF Owners Manual until the summer.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
F60 hasn't gone on sale yet, but it's not unusual for the MINI site to be a bit behind.

It will pop up here probably sometime in March:
http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniu...r-manuals.html

Old 02-26-2017, 03:02 PM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
I ended up contacting customer service through the miniusa website and they emailed the PDF to me within a few hours of my request. It was 5.8MB.

Congrats midnight on your upcoming delivery. I just ordered mine last weekend so I've got a long wait for mine.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:36 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
I ended up contacting customer service through the MINIUSA.com website and they sent me the PDF within a few hours. It is 5.8MB.

Congrats Midnight Blue on your upcoming delivery. I just ordered mine a week ago so I've got a long wait still.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheJuice
I ended up contacting customer service through the MINIUSA.com website and they sent me the PDF within a few hours. It is 5.8MB.

Congrats Midnight Blue on your upcoming delivery. I just ordered mine a week ago so I've got a long wait still.
Thanks TheJuice! Would you mind sending me the PDF? I will PM you with my email address. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 09:27 AM
MatthewH12
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you be willing to send the PDF my way as well?

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 AM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
The Juice,
I just ordered my 2017 Countryman the other day. I emailed MiniUSA, but haven't received a response. Would you mind sharing the PDF you received? I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
I also contacted MINI USA and they responded by saying the manual wasn't available yet. In fact, the manual they sent to The Juice does not include any information on the Connect/Nav/Audio system but is certainly better than nothing.

Having taking delivery, seems like they are relying on in car help systems rather than printed manuals. Makes it a little challenging to learn unless you are in the car.

I will probably never figure out how to use the Parking Assistant feature which parks the car for you.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:51 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Interesting that they said it wasn't available. I guess I got lucky and got the right person to respond.

MKDrCr: I responded to your PM.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:45 AM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
I also contacted MINI USA and they responded by saying the manual wasn't available yet. In fact, the manual they sent to The Juice does not include any information on the Connect/Nav/Audio system but is certainly better than nothing.

Having taking delivery, seems like they are relying on in car help systems rather than printed manuals. Makes it a little challenging to learn unless you are in the car.

I will probably never figure out how to use the Parking Assistant feature which parks the car for you.
I found this YouTube video which shows the park assist in use on a hatchback. I assume it'll be similar to the Countryman, but it could also be completely different.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:47 AM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
Interesting that they said it wasn't available. I guess I got lucky and got the right person to respond.

MKDrCr: I responded to your PM.
Thanks so much!!

Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MKDrCr
I found this YouTube video which shows the park assist in use on a hatchback. I assume it'll be similar to the Countryman, but it could also be completely different.
I've tested this feature on the new F60 and I have it on my own F55 and it works exactly the same on both. Definitely practice on a slow road the first couple times..

Old 03-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I've tested this feature on the new F60 and I have it on my own F55 and it works exactly the same on both. Definitely practice on a slow road the first couple times..
How to engage the feature? Isn't PDC always on unless you disable?

Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
How to engage the feature? Isn't PDC always on unless you disable?
If you have Park Assist, you'll have a separate switch for PDC. Rear PDC activates automatically the same as if you just have rear PDC, and the front sensors can either turn on automatically at low speed or you can specify manual control via the switch (my preferred method).

Park assist is activated by the PDC switch and the rest is done automatically by on screen prompts. It will basically scan for spots big enough to park in, tell you when it finds one, and instructs gear selection and throttle/brake - it handles the steering by itself and will tell you when done parking.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
If you have Park Assist, you'll have a separate switch for PDC. Rear PDC activates automatically the same as if you just have rear PDC, and the front sensors can either turn on automatically at low speed or you can specify manual control via the switch (my preferred method).

Park assist is activated by the PDC switch and the rest is done automatically by on screen prompts. It will basically scan for spots big enough to park in, tell you when it finds one, and instructs gear selection and throttle/brake - it handles the steering by itself and will tell you when done parking.
Thanks. So step me through this...

In car and ready to parallel park, press down on PDC toggle and follow on screen prompts? Do I have to click that little box on the steering wheel icon?

Sorry the manual is not so clear on this.

I've successfully used the Park Assist feature twice now but am unclear how to start the process without first engaging reverse.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Just saw this video on Park Assist for the new Clubman, think I understand it better now.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:21 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Just saw this video on Park Assist for the new Clubman, think I understand it better now.

Using the turn signal helps too, especially when parallel parking on the left side of the street on a one way street.

If you're a good parallel parker, it won't do much better, but it does a great job if you're not as good or if you sometimes get lazy (like me lol).

Old 12-29-2020, 10:22 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I just checked the MINI Owners Lounge and they have owners manuals posted only through 2015 model year. Hopefully they will update so the PDF can be downloaded.
Hi, Please find enclosed the F60 manual.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
f60.pdf (5.23 MB, 74 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by varma1986
Hi, Please find enclosed the F60 manual.
They say good things come to those who wait... 😂

My post was from over 3 years ago. Have a 2021 now, but appreciate your effort!