R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Sat in a new F60 CM

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:12 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye
What I disliked about the Countryman is that they de-tuned the the 2.0L turbo to 189hp...apparently so they could bring it back up to the X1 level for the JCW. Grrrrrr!
Purely an attempt at an upsell to JCW as you noted. While I would not be a JCW candidate necessarily, I would have ticked a performance option box to get the additional horses if it were in the 1500-2000 range. Missed opportunity.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:01 AM
blue dragon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye
While I also compared the Countryman vs X1, definitely preferred the Countryman. In the X1 the base seats lacked support and the sport seats seemed too confining. What I disliked about the Countryman is that they de-tuned the the 2.0L turbo to 189hp...apparently so they could bring it back up to the X1 level for the JCW. Grrrrrr!
Sport seats are great, not too confining at all, very similar to the seats in our 340i. 189HP in something as heavy as the new R60? Is Mini serious, the thing can't even get out of its own way? No LED headlights when Toyota Corollas are coming with LED as standard, tacky heads-up display (Mazda 3), thanks but no thanks. Combined with crappy service from Mini Canada, and when it was time to change vehiciles after 4 years, we preferred the X1 by a mile.

Matching colours is a bonus for as as well.

Last edited by blue dragon; 03-18-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Zillon
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
If you're looking for a raw experience, the R60 is definitely raw...

But for most people looking for a small SUV that's still more fun than pretty much everything else on the market, the F60 is perfect, and quite a bit more refined than the R60 ever was.

No more crashing over bumps, better sound deadening, MUCH better seats, and interior quality is so much better. For the average buyer in the small SUV segment, these are important things.

Also, the 8-speed auto is a welcome addition to the vehicle.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:40 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I've been watching all the reviews I can find, and noticed something puzzling. There are discrepancies between builds, that I don't understand. I saw one with flippy F56/54/57/55 rear seat headrests; whereas, I thought the F60 had headrests identical to the X1's; namely, non-flipping ones that lap over the front edges of rear seats' seat backs. Likewise, I thought that all F60s had aluminum inlays in the cargo loading frame, but this one had plastic only.

Just want to understand why and how, so as not to make a mistake once I build mine.

Saw these pics in today's review on Autoblog.

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 AM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Maybe you've been seeing European or other market options.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:20 AM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Color is important especially if it's blue!

s important !!
Originally Posted by blue dragon
Sport seats are great, not too confining at all, very similar to the seats in our 340i. 189HP in something as heavy as the new R60? Is Mini serious, the thing can't even get out of its own way? No LED headlights when Toyota Corollas are coming with LED as standard, tacky heads-up display (Mazda 3), thanks but no thanks. Combined with crappy service from Mini Canada, and when it was time to change vehiciles after 4 years, we preferred the X1 by a mile.

Matching colours is a bonus for as as well.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:13 PM
blue dragon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I agree, that R60 is hot!

Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I've been watching all the reviews I can find, and noticed something puzzling. There are discrepancies between builds, that I don't understand. I saw one with flippy F56/54/57/55 rear seat headrests; whereas, I thought the F60 had headrests identical to the X1's; namely, non-flipping ones that lap over the front edges of rear seats' seat backs. Likewise, I thought that all F60s had aluminum inlays in the cargo loading frame, but this one had plastic only.

Just want to understand why and how, so as not to make a mistake once I build mine.

Saw these pics in today's review on Autoblog.

Thanks.
Pic of backseat in our MCS Countryman All4:

Old 03-20-2017, 04:47 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Regional differences I think. I've noticed the European MINIs tend to have the L-shaped headrests and the US MINIs all have the flip down headrests.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Regional differences I think. I've noticed the European MINIs tend to have the L-shaped headrests and the US MINIs all have the flip down headrests.
Thank you very much, Midnight Blue. I guess that settles that. They look good in white, actually.

I don't recall European F56s getting different headrests. These are the same type that I have in my F56.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
A quick look on Google will give you an idea on what they look like. Not sure why the difference...

RealOEM will show the other headrests too, though if you specify a US car, the part is greyed out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=UK+F...kznx6wFVq2SIM:

Old 03-21-2017, 05:39 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Thank you very much, Midnight Blue. I guess that settles that. They look good in white, actually.
Glad to help. Not white though, these are Lounge Leather Satellite Grey. It is a very light grey but definitely grey.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:41 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
A quick look on Google will give you an idea on what they look like. Not sure why the difference...

RealOEM will show the other headrests too, though if you specify a US car, the part is greyed out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=UK+F...kznx6wFVq2SIM:
Hmmm. I guess I was wrong. Must be some strange head-restraint law we have. North American F48 X1 gets "flippies" too.

Attached Thumbnails Sat in a new F60 CM-photo496.jpg  
Old 03-21-2017, 06:42 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Glad to help. Not white though, these are Lounge Leather Satellite Grey. It is a very light grey but definitely grey.
Anyone know of a site that shows all seat/trim options side-by-side? Not the configurator-- actual photos.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Anyone know of a site that shows all seat/trim options side-by-side? Not the configurator-- actual photos.
If you're looking for comparisons of seat/trim options, let me know - I may be able to assist depending on what I have in stock here at Princeton.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:47 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Zillon
If you're looking for comparisons of seat/trim options, let me know - I may be able to assist depending on what I have in stock here at Princeton.
Well, here's what I do know so far. I currently have leatherette in my F56, so I know it well. I've seen the cloth seats in the F60, and they look horrible! So cheap!!

What I find interesting is which seats get unique door inserts and dash accents. Unlike the F56, which had an overwhelming variety of color/materials options for the dash, the F60 has very few, and they're all tied to the choice of seat, and highly restrictive. Not used to that from MINI.

Some combos look bizarre, like the striped corduroy-look on the door armrest.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
The online configurator was updated a few weeks back to correctly show dash trim. In our case, the description for the Satellite Grey leather stated that there would be gray trim on the lower dash but the configurator did not show that until the update a few weeks back.

Yes - the door and dash trim match the seat choice and you can't select a la carte as in the R60. I would read the descriptions on each seat choice to ensure they match what is displayed in the configurator.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Well, here's what I do know so far. I currently have leatherette in my F56, so I know it well. I've seen the cloth seats in the F60, and they look horrible! So cheap!!

What I find interesting is which seats get unique door inserts and dash accents. Unlike the F56, which had an overwhelming variety of color/materials options for the dash, the F60 has very few, and they're all tied to the choice of seat, and highly restrictive. Not used to that from MINI.

Some combos look bizarre, like the striped corduroy-look on the door armrest.
Ah, I see. The Clubman actually has a similar mandatory pairing, as well - Satellite Grey seats get Satellite Grey door panel trim. No option to exclude it.