R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Megan Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 09:06 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Megan Coilovers

So coilovers are next on the list and I am decided on the Megan version. Heard nothing but good reviews on them and they are very reasonable for coils. Question for those out there that may have them already, what dampening setting are you running and kind of driving? Mine is a DD so I'll be riding soft. Also, it looks like you must reuse the rear tops, I recall someone saying you do not need a spring compressor for this, is that true? And finally, it looks like a set of endlinks is included but it doesnt state if they are front or rear, did you have to replace either of them? I know I'll need lower camber arms but just want to get full picture of what I need to buy before I dive in. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
i have them on my r53, the ride is definently stiffer and I was running them on setting 8, the lower setting would have too much bounce. but they were a direct replacement, I didn't need any tops, bolted right in and definently didn't come with endlinks. I bet a r60 would ride better on them than the r53, more weight is always more confortable. but you don't need arms unless you want the car corner balanced, since this will preload the sway bar. and control arms will only be needed if you lower it enough and the camber cannot be worked out, basically if you drop the car more than an inch