2017 MINI Cooper S Countryman All4
Lapisluxury Blue / White Roof & Mirrors
White Bonnet Stripes
Manual Transmission
Lounge Leather: Satellite Grey
18" Pin Spoke Black Wheels with All Season Tires
Fully Loaded Package (with Spare Tire)
MSRP: $40,800

This will be our 3rd Countryman. Thrilled with the new model!

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-16-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Add MSRP
Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Ordered our F60 MCS All4 on 1/10/17.
Estimated completion date 2/2/17.

Got my VIN today (1/30/17).

2017 MINI Cooper S Countryman All4
Lapisluxury Blue / White Roof & Mirrors
White Bonnet Stripes
Manual Transmission
Lounge Leather: Satellite Grey
18" Pin Spoke Black Wheels with All Season Tires

This will be our 3rd Countryman. Thrilled with the new model!
You were able to order a Cooper S with a manual transmission? I'm surprised. I was led to believe we couldn't yet.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:11 AM
darex
5th Gear
Never mind. I didn't realize with All4 you could have manual on S models. All4 is so cheap to add vs. without, it's a no-brainer, I guess.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
My estimated completion date moved from 2/2 to 2/1.That's tomorrow!

Old 02-01-2017, 07:30 AM
nielsenp
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$$?

Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nielsenp
$$?
Not sure what or who you are asking but I did add MSRP ($40,800) to my original post, if that was your request.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
As of 2/3, our F60 is production complete, has been released to carrier and awaiting transport to port of exit.

Guess that means a train from manufacturing plant in the Netherlands to the port. Anyone know if F60s are shipped from Bremerhaven, Rotterdam or Zeebrugge?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm waiting for the plug-in hybrid to be available. Does that count? :D

Old 02-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
I've learned that the F60s are assembled in the Netherlands at the VDL-Nedcar facility in Born. This is about a 4.5 hours from the port in Bremerhaven, Germany and about 2.5 hours from the port in Zeebrugge, Belgium. My guess is that the port of exit is Zeebrugge due to it's closer proximity to the plant.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-07-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
I've learned that the F60s are assembled in the Netherlands at the VDL-Nedcar facility in Born. This is about a 4.5 hours from the port in Bremerhaven, Germany and about 2.5 hours from the port in Zeebruge, Belgium. My guess is that the port of exit is Zeebrugge due to it's closer proximity to the plant.
Some were supposed to be made in Oxford, too, though Brexit may have nixed that idea to BMW's bottom line. The sample brought to one of my local MINI dealerships was indeed from VDL -- I verified it from the VIN.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Karrock
Some were supposed to be made in Oxford, too, though Brexit may have nixed that idea to BMW's bottom line. The sample brought to one of my local MINI dealerships was indeed from VDL -- I verified it from the VIN.
No Countrymans will be built at Oxford, and shortly, many X1s will also be built at VDL-Nedcar, as overflow from Regensburg.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Rcass13
Neutral
Ordered Mine on 12/27/16 Still waiting for it to be built. Mini say's week 8. So I'm figuring I won't get it until the end of March.

2017 MINI Cooper S Countryman All 4
Island Blue / White Roof & Mirrors
White Bonnet Stripes
Auto Transmission
Leatherette/Cloth: Black Pearl
JCW Interior Package
JCW Exterior Package
18" JCW Thrill Spoke Wheels
Adaptive Cruise

Old 02-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
My F60 is now at the port of exit, likely Zeebrugge. With a little luck, it will get loaded on the Mignon which departs on 2/11 and arrives port of NY 2/22.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-08-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Rcass13
Ordered Mine on 12/27/16 Still waiting for it to be built. Mini say's week 8. So I'm figuring I won't get it until the end of March.

2017 MINI Cooper S Countryman All 4
Island Blue / White Roof & Mirrors
White Bonnet Stripes
Auto Transmission
Leatherette/Cloth: Black Pearl
JCW Interior Package
JCW Exterior Package
18" JCW Thrill Spoke Wheels
Adaptive Cruise
Nice config! Wonder why there is a hold up on your order? I ordered 1/10/17 and car is already at the port of exit.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-08-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Rcass13
Neutral
Thanks, Not sure what the hold up is I think the dealer just didn't have an allocation until week 8 even though they told me it was updated to a Pri 1. I called Mini and they told me it should start production on the 19th and figuring a couple of weeks to get on a Boat for the West coast, I'm hopping it will be here by the end of March.
Yours also has a great config. I thought about the darker blue but here in Las Vegas the summers are so hot I thought the lighter blue would be better. Make sure to post some pictures once you have yours.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:08 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
My local dealer just got their demo in, a S ALL4 with Tech Pkg, and I took it for a spin.

Very quiet, smooth ride (smoother than the Clubman), but still plenty pick up and go. The ALL4 GRIPS. I took an entrance ramp doing almost 60 and it didn't want to budge from it's path at all. Excellent traction. Quieter cabin lets you hear that engine rev and turbo whoosh easier as well, which I like. MID mode was a bit ho-hum - I would definitely have it in SPORT 100% of the time.

Back seats are SUPER roomy with plenty of space for two ADULT passengers. The new touchscreen nav is a very welcome update and is laid out very intuitively. The wireless app support is pretty nice too; Pandora, Spotify, and any other supported music apps show up in the source list with no fiddling with the MINI Connected app. Pair phone and you're set. MINI Connected app features like sending addresses to car show up seamlessly as well. A couple small changes I noticed: the wipers no longer have the "AUTO" button for auto wipers and instead now have "AUTO" as a position on the stalk while moving up (1x --> OFF --> AUTO --> LOW --> HIGH). This means you can keep auto wipers on all the time instead of hitting the button every time it rains (which in Seattle, is often). The turn signal stalk also stays up/down like they do on most other cars, but they still triple blink if needed..

Outside, it doesn't look as big as I thought and this one didn't have the offroad appearance package I saw on the pre-production models that were making the rounds last month. Looks better without it IMO. The new LED headlights look amazing. This one didn't have the automatic tailgate, but I have played with one that did and it's a very nice addition.

Overall, I'm very impressed. I, personally, would definitely be adding a tuning module and would spec it with at least DDC if not aftermarket suspension for a slightly firmer ride.

The following users liked this post:
ddoggerel (09-21-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 09:52 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
My local dealer just got their demo in, a S ALL4 with Tech Pkg, and I took it for a spin.

Very quiet, smooth ride (smoother than the Clubman), but still plenty pick up and go. The ALL4 GRIPS. I took an entrance ramp doing almost 60 and it didn't want to budge from it's path at all. Excellent traction. Quieter cabin lets you hear that engine rev and turbo whoosh easier as well, which I like. MID mode was a bit ho-hum - I would definitely have it in SPORT 100% of the time.

Back seats are SUPER roomy with plenty of space for two ADULT passengers. The new touchscreen nav is a very welcome update and is laid out very intuitively. The wireless app support is pretty nice too; Pandora, Spotify, and any other supported music apps show up in the source list with no fiddling with the MINI Connected app. Pair phone and you're set. MINI Connected app features like sending addresses to car show up seamlessly as well. A couple small changes I noticed: the wipers no longer have the "AUTO" button for auto wipers and instead now have "AUTO" as a position on the stalk while moving up (1x --> OFF --> AUTO --> LOW --> HIGH). This means you can keep auto wipers on all the time instead of hitting the button every time it rains (which in Seattle, is often). The turn signal stalk also stays up/down like they do on most other cars, but they still triple blink if needed..

Outside, it doesn't look as big as I thought and this one didn't have the offroad appearance package I saw on the pre-production models that were making the rounds last month. Looks better without it IMO. The new LED headlights look amazing. This one didn't have the automatic tailgate, but I have played with one that did and it's a very nice addition.

Overall, I'm very impressed. I, personally, would definitely be adding a tuning module and would spec it with at least DDC if not aftermarket suspension for a slightly firmer ride.
Great write-up!

Curious what the implications are for coding, if any, with iDrive 5/6, or has that already been sorted out by the Bimmer folks?

Old 02-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero

Thanks for posting this. Very helpful.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Just checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website by using my VIN as the Cargo ID and it now reports that my F60 is scheduled to be loaded on the Mignon tomorrow (2/11) in Zeebrugge. ETA at Port of New York is 2/22. With a little luck, we may be able to take delivery first week of March!

Old 02-10-2017, 02:26 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Great write-up!

Curious what the implications are for coding, if any, with iDrive 5/6, or has that already been sorted out by the Bimmer folks?
I believe it shows up as HU2_NBT and most of the parameters may by the same. Won't know until someone can plug in and look - don't think my dealer would like me doing that though lol

Old 02-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
And our F60 has now been loaded on the Mignon. Off to Southampton, then Halifax then unloaded at port of New York on 2/22.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:44 AM
techgearpro
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Karrock
I'm waiting for the plug-in hybrid to be available. Does that count? :D
Me, too!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 AM
09BMW328
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ordered my F60

Just ordered and production starts 3/10 cant wait . I will be selling my R60 ALL4 S IN a few months

Old 02-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 09BMW328
Just ordered and production starts 3/10 cant wait . I will be selling my R60 ALL4 S IN a few months
Looks great! Congrats!

My F60 is in the dead zone somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Our F60 is on the Mignon which just passed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Yes, there is a webcam! Right place, right time.

Should dock shortly and start to unload.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-23-2017 at 02:44 PM.