F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
Very nice! You will get yours much more quickly than my long slog through the canal.
Well, we'll see after my completion date on 8/22. Perhaps it'll miss the boat(s). My MA thinks towards end of Sept., but honestly, I don't see how/why.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Donreith
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Departing the Waiters Club. Thunder Grey fully loaded CM S now in hand. Good luck to fellow Waiters.

Stats:
Scheduled for production: Jun 25
Production complete: Jul 7
Depart Zeebrugge: Jul 14
Arrive Port Hueneme: Aug 12
Delivery: Aug 17

Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Donreith
Departing the Waiters Club. Thunder Grey fully loaded CM S now in hand. Good luck to fellow Waiters.

Stats:
Congrats, hopefully the rest of us won't be too far behind you! Share pictures whenever you get a chance. My dealer had a Thunder Grey on the lot and it was amazing.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:43 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Donreith

Stats:
Thanks for posting this timeline Donreith. It is helpful in estimating when my Melting will make it home. Looks like I have another month or so.

Latest update from ask mini- QA was completed 8/16. Should head to Zebruggee soon.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:17 AM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks for posting this timeline Donreith. It is helpful in estimating when my Melting will make it home. Looks like I have another month or so.

Latest update from ask mini- QA was completed 8/16. Should head to Zebruggee soon.
Checked today. My completion date estimate has gone from 8/22 to 8/25. Getting frustrated with the waiting!

Old 08-19-2017, 11:21 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Checked today. My completion date estimate has gone from 8/22 to 8/25. Getting frustrated with the waiting!
Well at least yours is in production. I ordered a couple of weeks before you and my JCW is tentatively set for the first full week of September. That means I likely won't see it until October on the East coast. Yes I'm frustrated too. No VIN yet either.

On a different subject, about a month ago I made a suggestion to MINI that they take a picture or, better yet, a short video for all Priority 1-customer purchase vehicles as they come off the assembly line and move under their own power. Birth, baby pics. I suggested that they email them to the buyer soon after the event. I thought that would help with the wait. The cost to MINI would be minimal and it would make for a good connection between MINI and the purchaser. They seemed receptive to the idea, but no promises. I know it would help me with the wait.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:50 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Well at least yours is in production. I ordered a couple of weeks before you and my JCW is tentatively set for the first full week of September. That means I likely won't see it until October on the East coast. Yes I'm frustrated too. No VIN yet either.

On a different subject, about a month ago I made a suggestion to MINI that they take a picture or, better yet, a short video for all Priority 1-customer purchase vehicles as they come off the assembly line and move under their own power. Birth, baby pics. I suggested that they email them to the buyer soon after the event. I thought that would help with the wait. The cost to MINI would be minimal and it would make for a good connection between MINI and the purchaser. They seemed receptive to the idea, but no promises. I know it would help me with the wait.
Man, that sucks!

If you enter your production number in MINIUSA, you can get your VIN number. Are you saying that that isn't working for you either?

Of course, to do so is hardly satisfying, because the website never updates, or at least it won't update until it goes on the ship. When I bought my first one in 2005, it used to tell me every stage of the production process, for example, "Today your MINI is being painted."

I almost wish I'd bought one off the lot now. Almost.

My first two were rather special combinations of features/colors. With the F60, the options are far more limited than they used to be. I expect ultimately to see dozens just like mine.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:06 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
If you enter your production number in MINIUSA, you can get your VIN number. Are you saying that that isn't working for you either?
No VIN on ASK MINI or the owner's lounge. Even speaking to a person on ASK MINI or my MA have a VIN. If I remember correctly, the VINs are assigned when you get "close" to production. "Close" I think means about a week. I'm at two+ weeks. My MA explained about a month ago that MINI told them that all JCW Countryman vehicles have been delayed until early in September. Being the most expensive MINI, I suspect they need enough orders to do a batch of JCWs. As I get closer this should become clearer. And yes, it sucks.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:02 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Man, that sucks!

Of course, to do so is hardly satisfying, because the website never updates, or at least it won't update until it goes on the ship. When I bought my first one in 2005, it used to tell me every stage of the production process, for example, "Today your MINI is being painted."
I find the owners lounge worthless. It is particularly frustrating because you can see what it used to be. It would be terrific to track each stage of your build and exciting to see the progress. Instead, the only thing I have ever seen is "scheduled for production" even though I know production is completed. Mini has taken something that could be a real benefit for waiting owners and turned it into frustration. It wouldn't seem it would be all that difficult to update and get some current data in OL that would make owners happy; instead it is a negative.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:22 PM
darex
5th Gear
No VIN on ASK MINI or the owner's lounge. Even speaking to a person on ASK MINI or my MA have a VIN. If I remember correctly, the VINs are assigned when you get "close" to production. "Close" I think means about a week. I'm at two+ weeks. My MA explained about a month ago that MINI told them that all JCW Countryman vehicles have been delayed until early in September. Being the most expensive MINI, I suspect they need enough orders to do a batch of JCWs. As I get closer this should become clearer. And yes, it sucks.
Hmmm. Maybe. I feel like the Magic Mirror saying this, but JCW is no longer the most expensive one. There is another, more expensive than thine. LOL

I suspect Australia might be getting more than their fair share of the JCW Countrymans. I read that they have a JCW take-rate that's 2-3x more than any other country. It's the only way they can get ALL4, too.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:50 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Mine was shipped out this afternoon based on the wwl site. How can I track the truck delivery? The dealer said the system still showed that the car was at the port

Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Mine was shipped out this afternoon based on the wwl site. How can I track the truck delivery? The dealer said the system still showed that the car was at the port
I don't believe you can track the truck. I remember when I ordered my 2013 Clubman, once vehicle was delivered to the port of Baltimore, it entered a black hole. About a week later it magically appeared at my dealer. I understand that the dealers are not completely sure when they will arrive. Of course, things may have changed since 2012.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:53 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Finally, my JCW entered production today! About 1.5 months since I ordered. That's still about two weeks earlier than the week 36 that ASK MINI was telling me. Maybe if the Sun and Moon align just right I might see the car mid-late September. Oh wait...they did!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:50 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Finally, my JCW entered production today! About 1.5 months since I ordered. That's still about two weeks earlier than the week 36 that ASK MINI was telling me. Maybe if the Sun and Moon align just right I might see the car mid-late September. Oh wait...they did!

Good !!!

Called Ask Mini and they said my car will arrive at the dealership around this Friday

Old 08-22-2017, 03:14 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
There's hope Sure hope the Sun & Moon align for me and I get a production # this week! I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear something.....anything!!!

Old 08-22-2017, 03:16 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Good !!!

Called Ask Mini and they said my car will arrive at the dealership around this Friday
I'm still waiting to get production # Haven't hear a word since 8/2 when my order was accepted. Sure hope I get a production # soon

Old 08-22-2017, 06:13 AM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just checked mine this morning, estimated completion date moved from 8/23 to 8/25 as well.

I figured as much. Over the weekend I worked my way backwards a good bit from my VIN on bimmer.work to see when the latest were completed and how many models they were producing per day. It was pretty obvious that mine wouldn't be completed by tomorrow. Friday seems more plausible.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 AM
darex
5th Gear
LOL! Mazel tov!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:22 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Mini LED Driving Lights

Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
I ordered a set of these to be dealer installed; after nearly choking on the price. My night vision isn't the best, so any help is appreciated. Also, I wanted a clean OEM installation.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I ordered a set of these to be dealer installed; after nearly choking on the price. My night vision isn't the best, so any help is appreciated. Also, I wanted a clean OEM installation.
Do you mind sharing the costs of installation quoted by your dealer? I'm interested in these as well.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:01 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Do you mind sharing the costs of installation quoted by your dealer? I'm interested in these as well.
The installation cost was about the same price as the lights as shown on Mini USA. See what I mean by "choking?"

They said it is a "complicated" installation. I'm not sure of their hourly rate, but that sounds like a 5-6 hour job.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The installation cost was about the same price as the lights as shown on Mini USA. See what I mean by "choking?"

They said it is a "complicated" installation. I'm not sure of their hourly rate, but that sounds like a 5-6 hour job.
Eeeek. Yeah, I reviewed the installation instructions to see if I could handle it myself and I most definitely cannot!

Old 08-22-2017, 12:14 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Eeeek. Yeah, I reviewed the installation instructions to see if I could handle it myself and I most definitely cannot!
I'm with you! I have installed a lot of lights on my Jeep Wrangler, but the Jeep has a heck of a lot more room to work in. Like Clint said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

I do love the looks of these lights. (Obviously, since I am paying so dearly for them!)

Old 08-22-2017, 12:28 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear

The set of lights in black or chrome is sold at $699.99 at the local dealership

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-22-2017 at 07:36 PM.