R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Bigger cup holders for 2011-2012 owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tabintab
I don't want to appear rude, but it looks like you Yanks have food in too large a quantity, super size me anyone! Think about it, maybe its not the car that needs changing.

The cup holders in the Euro version of the car fit a large shake / Soda (McDonald). Its a little tricky to get the bottom to drop in as its very snug, but it fits all the same.

Tab
Gotta love when someone adds a "but" you know they are totally going to do what they just said they aren't going to do.

It is rude and just because you added a but doesn't change the fact you used this as a personal dig at another culture.

Personally I'm looking forward to doing this mod. And contrary to what you think I'm 5'11" 170lbs with about 12% body fat and compete in various Tough Mudders, races for charity and now getting in to triathlons. I need a bigger cup holder because I have gone through various types of reusable water bottles (I don't buy bottled water) and can't find a single water bottle that can fit in the cup holder. I drink almost a gallon of water a day and often have sigg, kleen kanteens or the likes with me that average over 32oz. So if you want to believe us "yanks" are just looking for something larger to tote around our McDonalds milkshakes you are ill informed, ignorant and being very stereotypical and honestly it's not appreciated since it brings nothing to the conversation.

Just ordered and can't wait for this to get here!

Last edited by sn0wcrash; 05-26-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
PooLeArMor
2nd Gear
I just ordered the parts at the dealer... and I need to wait 1 month for the parts come from Germany

Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Tabintab
2nd Gear
Maybe the TV, Radio, Doctors, scientists are all wrong & everyone has taken up running & jogging!

You see this a personal insult, its not! Its a general comment based on a product made for a broad demographic.

Thanks for giving us your body stats, fitness regime, how much water u drink, how big your cup needs to be, im sure everyone was really interested to know that! Now who's going off topic! Anyway, if you drink that much water in your car, u better install a urinal, your going to need it

Originally Posted by sn0wcrash
Gotta love when someone adds a "but" you know they are totally going to do what they just said they aren't going to do.

It is rude and just because you added a but doesn't change the fact you used this as a personal dig at another culture.

Personally I'm looking forward to doing this mod. And contrary to what you think I'm 5'11" 170lbs with about 12% body fat and compete in various Tough Mudders, races for charity and now getting in to triathlons. I need a bigger cup holder because I have gone through various types of reusable water bottles (I don't buy bottled water) and can't find a single water bottle that can fit in the cup holder. I drink almost a gallon of water a day and often have sigg, kleen kanteens or the likes with me that average over 32oz. So if you want to believe us "yanks" are just looking for something larger to tote around our McDonalds milkshakes you are ill informed, ignorant and being very stereotypical and honestly it's not appreciated since it brings nothing to the conversation.

Just ordered and can't wait for this to get here!

Old 05-26-2013, 06:07 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Maybe the TV, Radio, Doctors, scientists are all wrong & everyone has taken up running & jogging!

You see this a personal insult, its not! Its a general comment based on a product made for a broad demographic.

Thanks for giving us your body stats, fitness regime, how much water u drink, how big your cup needs to be, im sure everyone was really interested to know that! Now who's going off topic! Anyway, if you drink that much water in your car, u better install a urinal, your going to need it
Just can't let it go can you. You have to be right and once again toss in another dig. Still bringing nothing to the conversation other then your holier then thou attitude. Guess it's true about what they say about people from the UK, most are pretentious douche bags sitting high on their horses. Good luck with that.

And yeah, I do think the reason I need a bigger cup holder would actually be a pretty good reason to post why I need a bigger cup holder in a thread about bigger cup holders. Other then saying "Yeah I'm just another fat American who wants a large milkshake holder".

Old 05-26-2013, 06:18 PM
scalpel_ninja
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As an American I don't mind the 2012 cup holders. I just strap my tub 'o milkshake to the passenger seat.

Last edited by scalpel_ninja; 05-26-2013 at 06:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stephanie Kunic (02-02-2020)
Old 05-26-2013, 06:19 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
For anyone interested it looks like Sewell parts lists them as "ships in 48 hours".

Old 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Tabintab
2nd Gear
You really don't get it do U .. your a hypocrite going on and on about my post, but your the one who keeps bringing up the subject! .. u must try get out more & now your bringing religion into the argument with your holy ****.

Go outside, take a big breath of fresh air and and embrace life instead of wasting everyone else's with your rants.

Originally Posted by sn0wcrash
Just can't let it go can you. You have to be right and once again toss in another dig. Still bringing nothing to the conversation other then your holier then thou attitude. Guess it's true about what they say about people from the UK, most are pretentious douche bags sitting high on their horses. Good luck with that.

And yeah, I do think the reason I need a bigger cup holder would actually be a pretty good reason to post why I need a bigger cup holder in a thread about bigger cup holders. Other then saying "Yeah I'm just another fat American who wants a large milkshake holder".

Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Tabintab
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by scalpel_ninja
As an American I don't mind the 2012 cup holders. I just strap my tub 'o milkshake to the passenger seat.
I like your style

Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
You really don't get it do U .. your a hypocrite going on and on about my post, but your the one who keeps bringing up the subject! .. u must try get out more & now your bringing religion into the argument with your holy ****.

Go outside, take a big breath of fresh air and and embrace life instead of wasting everyone else's with your rants.
You're so right. Wow thanks for showing me how wrong I was. Thank you so much. I never looked at it like that before. You win the internets. I will leave now. Yes my atheism must really be showing because I said you are holier then thou. God bless you and thanks for showing me the light. I now kneel down before you and submit to your powers of the interweb. Praise the all great spaghetti monster in the sky.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Really? It's a cup holder!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 AM
threar
4th Gear
Just placed my order at Sewell for the parts. I had to go with 51-16-9-811-186 since I have navigation in the car. Sewell lists the parts as being for the R61 (but also doesn't seem to have 2013 Countryman up yet as an option).

I'll post when I get the parts and install them (and hopefully all this thread drama will be over by then).

Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
{snip}... your a hypocrite going on and on about my post, but your the one who keeps bringing up the subject! ...{snip}
No to be too pedantic, but I believe the correct english grammar should be "you're" not "your".

The following users liked this post:
Stephanie Kunic (02-02-2020)
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by threar
Just placed my order at Sewell for the parts. I had to go with 51-16-9-811-186 since I have navigation in the car...{snip}
As a Connected/Nav owner, I eagerly await your post. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Sewell Parts

Just placed my order at Sewell for the parts. I had to go with 51-16-9-811-186 since I have navigation in the car. Sewell lists the parts as being for the R61 (but also doesn't seem to have 2013 Countryman up yet as an option).

I'll post when I get the parts and install them (and hopefully all this thread drama will be over by then).

Thank you to everyone who is placing orders for the updated cup holder pieces!

We wanted to keep everyone informed: All of the part numbers are available in very limited quantities. The USA warehouses show shipments arriving in the next 2-3 weeks and we have already placed additional orders to be the first in line.

Also- All 2013 model information is currently being added to our system, if you find any problems with the catalog please let us know!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't want to appear rude, but it looks like you Yanks have food in too large a quantity, super size me anyone! Think about it, maybe its not the car that needs changing.

The cup holders in the Euro version of the car fit a large shake / Soda (McDonald). Its a little tricky to get the bottom to drop in as its very snug, but it fits all the same.

Tab
Even standard size stainless steel water bottles that fit in every other car I've ever driven will not fit in the 2012 cup holder.

However I did manage to find a travel mug that will fit.

And just to clear things up for you: everyone knows you're being insulting. You can stomp and scream and pretend that you're totally innocent and aren't implying anything negative, but you still come across as snarky and judgemental.

I wont tell you to stop. You can embarass yourself all you want.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Not to mention that when you start off with "You Yanks", it's like saying "You people", which is inflammatory to begin with. For what it's worth, I've seen my share of fat Brits or Aussies, wherever it is you're from (and people from plenty of other countries too).

Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 AM
PooLeArMor
2nd Gear
I don't know why for some reason very youtube car reviewer from UK like to point out the car always has big cup holder ??? since u guys don't like big CUP....

skip to 1:59

for the Countryman
SKip to 2:24 cup holders are small ???

For the Paceman
SKip to 2:00 I don't know it is a UK thing or not ...... that is a Huge Water...

Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM
detours
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just ordered the 2013 cupholder parts from sewellparts.com. Their Mini parts are all 20% off so now's a good time.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:56 AM
threar
4th Gear
My parts are still on order (big thanks to the guys over at Sewell Parts in keeping me updated). Hopefully they'll show up sometime soon and I can get to work at the installation.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Cupholder Delays

My parts are still on order (big thanks to the guys over at Sewell Parts in keeping me updated). Hopefully they'll show up sometime soon and I can get to work at the installation.

Thank you for everyone's patience regarding the cupholder orders!

We continue to submit more orders with Germany, but their ETA date continues to be pushed back.

We will do our best to keep everyone informed. If you have submitted an order and have a question please feel free to contact us.

- SewellParts.com Team

Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Interesting.... A few weekends ago, while attending MOT in NH I purchased an official Mini stainless steel tumbler. Holds all of 16 oz of your best brew... Fits like a glove
Will be looking to do the cup holder update as well. Did the update to the newer style trim and very happy with the outcome..

Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
ALex Reyen
1st Gear
YES! I was almost about to donate my '12 Countryman to charity because I could not fit my extra super sized McDonald's milkshakes. We yanks just CANNOT live without em!!

OK seriously now... I agree the cup holders are very small for most every day applications. None of my kids water cups (the no spill kind) can fit as is. This looks like a great upgrade. I have the '12 MINI Countryman with Connected/Navi so I will wait a bit to see how it's done with that, then possibly try to tackle this upgrade myself.

Thanks for all the great info!!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
My order finally shipped today!!! Will have them Tuesday and installed by Tuesday night.

Finally my son and I will be able to fit our Klean Kanteens!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
I ordered this and the new speedo trim yesterday from Sewell MINI. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chrunck
I ordered this and the new speedo trim yesterday from Sewell MINI. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here.
My dash trim should be here tomorrow (ordered on the first), the cup holders and shifter trim still don't have a ship date from Sewell.
On the flip side, I have been able to fit most 44 ounce liquid fat drinks with zero problem. Ok that is a lit. The cup hits the seat heater and causes my passengers discomfort.

Edit: There is a ship date of 8/2/2013.

Item Description Status Unit Price Quantity Line Total
Rubber insert, drink holder
Est Ship Date: 08/02/2013 $5.30 2 $10.60
Trim panel, centre console, front / For vehicles with Radio MINI Visual Boost = Yes or MINI navigati
Est Ship Date: 08/02/2013 $25.56 1 $25.56
Trim ring, gearshift
Ready To Ship $13.34 1 $13.34

Quick Reply: R60 Bigger cup holders for 2011-2012 owners