R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Rear Bumper Guard

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM
NHcountryman
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
NGR - Carbon Fiber RB Guard added to Royal Grey

Just put New German Racing Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper guard on my 2011 CM SAll4 Royal Grey - Excellent fit -like it .....

Attached Thumbnails Rear Bumper Guard-img_0278.jpg   Rear Bumper Guard-img_0271.jpg   Rear Bumper Guard-img_0272.jpg  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM
roadrunner255
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just got a reply back, as long as there is no significant difference in rear bumper design compared to the standard Mk2 MINI, the RBP102 is confirmed to fit the standard model should fit the GP II.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Ragnar4841
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprung for the NGP Racing bumper guard for my '12 Justa--fits like a glove and looks great. And saved $20 by buying in April!

Like others said, this should be a factory option.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:21 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Mical
Thanks for the heads up on XPEL.

I ordered Thursday and it arrived today. Install was about 15mins.
Here are some pictures at the link:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3750213

Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a black one for my True Blue. My dogs' toenails were wreaking havoc on the top of the bumper. I had it refinished by a body shop. They were taking out a ding left on the lower part of the bumper by a lying Benz driver, so they took the scratches out of the top for me at the same time (separate invoice for the extra work, of course).

I figured it would be silly not to protect it at that point, so I got the NGP guard. The fit is perfect, installation is absurdly easy, and it looks like the car was ordered with the guard. I could not be happier. Plus, it's cheaper now than when it was first available.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:36 AM
N2fw
1st Gear
Anyone have any issues with the tape? It says don't wash for 48 hours but I got hit with rain about 60 hours in and now the guard is lifting on one side. Gonna try to lift it off completely and reapply some new tape

Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by N2fw
Anyone have any issues with the tape? It says don't wash for 48 hours but I got hit with rain about 60 hours in and now the guard is lifting on one side. Gonna try to lift it off completely and reapply some new tape
I'm having the same issue right now. I got mine from NGPRacing.com. I contacted them and they are working on getting me a new tape kit. They said it was rare for this to happen and that it is usually user error when installing but I follwed the directions to the t. I wonder if more people bring this up, they will notice it is a manufacturing defect.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure whether this is in the instructions, but it may help to prepare the bumper area receiving the tape with a little #3 Machine Polish to remove wax and debris. Prior to peeling off the top tape strip and applying the bumper guard, hit the tape and the immediate area with a hair dryer set to high. Wait an hour, peel off the top tape, then apply the bumper guard. This is probably in the instructions already so I apologize in advance.

HTH,

Last edited by Koopah; 06-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah
Not sure whether this is in the instructions, but it may help to prepare the bumper area receiving the tape with a little #3 Machine Polish to remove wax and debris. Prior to peeling off the top tape strip and applying the bumper guard, hit the tape and the immediate area with a hair dryer set to high. Wait an hour, peel off the top tape, then apply the bumper guard. This is probably in the instructions already so I apologize in advance.

HTH,
They send a solution to clean the area of the bumper with to clean off wax and residue. But they say to clean the area first then use the solution to clean off the wax and residue. The tape is already attached to the bumper guard so all you have to do is peel off the strip and press onto the bumper firmly and to wash it for 48 hrs. So similar except cant really do the hair dryer.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bmrguy03
They send a solution to clean the area of the bumper with to clean off wax and residue. But they say to clean the area first then use the solution to clean off the wax and residue. The tape is already attached to the bumper guard so all you have to do is peel off the strip and press onto the bumper firmly and to wash it for 48 hrs. So similar except cant really do the hair dryer.
Ok. I'm flying a bit blind here. I think it might still be worth it to use compound polish (machine polish #3) on the bumper where the tape strips adhere; the provided solution might not get all the wax & imbedded particulates. Also, try heating the bumper locations and the tape strips attached to the bumper guard before applying the guard.

FWIW

Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah

Ok. I'm flying a bit blind here. I think it might still be worth it to use compound polish (machine polish #3) on the bumper where the tape strips adhere; the provided solution might not get all the wax & imbedded particulates. Also, try heating the bumper locations and the tape strips attached to the bumper guard before applying the guard.

FWIW
Okay. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that out once they send me a new tape kit.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Gawaine79
Neutral
Originally Posted by SmithWerks
nope, Im not confused or mistaken. There definetely was an OEM CM rear bumper protector available.
limited or discontinued, quite possible. But I was able to select it when I built my CM 3 mos ago.
Maybe I have it save in a PDF build somewhere, most I tossed after receipt of my CM tho.
So I just went to the dealership today and looked into this. Apparently they use allow the original mini bumper cover and allow it to be added as an accessory for the mini countryman.

I went to the dealership to get the part. He checked it out and said that the part number should be specific to the countryman. I asked to see what it looked like installed. When we dry fitted it to my mini it was the same as the part that goes on regular mini's. It's was not full sized and left a couple of inches of space on each side. Thus I searched and found this thread. Apparently they don't make one specific to the countryman but they allow you to add the original mini bumper cover. If I didn't have the dealer place it on a regular mini as well I might not have known.