R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Megan Racing Axle-Back Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:25 PM
bro_hof
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Megan Racing Axle-Back Exhaust Installed

I’ve wanted one of these for a while on my ‘12 CMS All4 so I pulled the trigger paying 350ish for it on Ebay. Came packed well in a huge box, it’s all one piece, and it’s impressively shiny! Backed it up on ramps, cut the pipe on the factory exhaust, pulled it off the hangers and installed the Meg with a 2 1/4 inch butt band clamp. Took an impact wrench to get it all tightened up bit now it’s a solid connection. No leaks, and is adjustable a pretty good bit to get the tips exactly where you want them. Impressed so far, not much different of a sound in normal mode, in Sport she gurgles and pops louder and more frequently than stock. Haven’t driven it more than 4 miles so far but have noticed it is starting to get more aggressive sounding as it gets hot. Well worth the price just for the massive tips!

Old 07-18-2019, 12:59 PM
gryffinwings
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bro_hof
I’ve wanted one of these for a while on my ‘12 CMS All4 so I pulled the trigger paying 350ish for it on Ebay. Came packed well in a huge box, it’s all one piece, and it’s impressively shiny! Backed it up on ramps, cut the pipe on the factory exhaust, pulled it off the hangers and installed the Meg with a 2 1/4 inch butt band clamp. Took an impact wrench to get it all tightened up bit now it’s a solid connection. No leaks, and is adjustable a pretty good bit to get the tips exactly where you want them. Impressed so far, not much different of a sound in normal mode, in Sport she gurgles and pops louder and more frequently than stock. Haven’t driven it more than 4 miles so far but have noticed it is starting to get more aggressive sounding as it gets hot. Well worth the price just for the massive tips!

That looks pretty nice and the price isn't bad, but how does it sound? I've seen maybe one youtube video of it and it sounded pretty good to me.