R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Broken SP. Be sure to check

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:21 AM
spoolinturbo
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Broken SP. Be sure to check

So my misfiring and subsequent CEL were the result of a broken insulator on one of my spark plugs (3rd plug down). I figured it was that or a coil, and replaced the coils just for good measure coupled with lasers, real nice quality (thanks for the fast service WMW).

The factory installed plugs generally did not look too bad other than the broken one, even though the gaps were generally between .38 and .45 (53kmi)

Engine revs smoothly now and pulls just as nice, CEL gone...but my exhaust popping is gone as well which may have been a symptom of the bad plug...so maybe my JCW does not have JCW exhaust? who knows, i'm headed into MINI on Wednesday to get a build sheet and factory manual for this sucker.

I love how it took all of 10 minutes. I thought I would be slick and jump on my truck to do the same thing...low and behold the previous owner cross threaded a plug in there, so I have to tap it tomorrow...the far back one, cramped in a corner...it always is right?

Water/Meth kit next

The following users liked this post:
WayMotorWorks (08-15-2017)