R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Got the NM cold charge pipe in today

Old 08-06-2017, 11:52 PM
spoolinturbo
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got the NM cold charge pipe in today

Been working on a few hardcore papers so I was delayed. Thought I would share.

My new COP and plugs are on the way (NGK shark laser or something). Hope that kills the CEL.

Now I have what sounds like a CV axle popping very intermittently. I'll have to crawl down there and take a look, if so...might as well change bearings out while I am in there and diff and TC flush.

Not a fan of the OCC line routing or the mount location (can't even see the sight glass). I might route along the firewall, possibly with some AN fittings and threaded lines and move the mount on the can itself.

Last edited by spoolinturbo; 08-06-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:32 AM
Crazy Airborne
1st Gear
notice any difference with the charge pipes?

Was it a difficult install? Looks like you got the M7 pipes down in there too, been considering doing all mine.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:59 PM
spoolinturbo
1st Gear
Noticeable difference in the pre-charge m7 pipe. They claim 3.6hp and 11.3tq gain to the wheels.

I didn't notice any difference in the cold side pipe, but it will surely hold higher boost better than oem and somewhere around 2011 i think there is a sound-enhancer that can be deleted by use of this pipe. The factory one has a little rubber grommet holding the plastic pipe on which just screams boost leak.

pipes were easy to install, as long as your not using those L shaped torx, make sure to have 1/4 drive torx sockets with a uni-wiggle and it'll take a 15-30 minutes. The hardest torx is the one holding the "muffler" to the body.

highly recommend all. (except nm intake: the lip holding the filter is like .5" in length if not less and you have to scorch that clamp down through the nm cutout with a small screwdriver. filter kept falling off so I have to elongate that lip creatively.)

Search this Thread