R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Samsung Galaxy S4

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S4

About to get rid of my iPhone 5 and get a Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyone have this phone and use it with the mini (non-connected, with HK/BT).

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why the switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zippy "s"
why the switch to the samsung galaxy s4?
+ 1

Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Because iPhones suck! Duh...
I have an S3 and it works just fine with my system. Of coarse I don't get some of the fancy bells and whistles you get with an iSheep err.. iPhone.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Wheetie
1st Gear
I have the S4...love it. Plugged it in once just to see how it worked....it was nice. song titles right on the screen in front of me. I dont do it often though because I already have nav and Sat radio in my paceman

speaking strictly from the phone side of this conversation...good choice.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM
psichick
3rd Gear
i have the s3, hubby has the s4, both work just fine.

welcome to android, enjoy the ride

Old 06-25-2013, 01:38 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 52804x4
Because iPhones suck! Duh...
I have an S3 and it works just fine with my system. Of coarse I don't get some of the fancy bells and whistles you get with an iSheep err.. iPhone.
Ha Ha I was waiting for a comment like this!! Im going to go out on a limb here.. but im guessing you don't like iPhones?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:40 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Why the switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?
Without starting a Android vs iOS war lol, I'm just going to say that I don't like the iPhones anymore. I've had them since the original launch and get the updated "S" model every year, tried the last two iOS 7 betas and just don't like the direction they are going with the phones. Having used my friends S3, S4 and HTC One, I really like what Android is bringing to the table. Still a massive Apple fanboy and will be extremely happy with my 24" iMac, 2 AppleTVs, original iPad and Macbook Pro, but as far as phones go just will go elsewhere.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ZIPPY "S"
Ha Ha I was waiting for a comment like this!! Im going to go out on a limb here.. but im guessing you don't like iPhones?
Threads like this will always have two polarized sides. Me, I love my iPhone. I can't stand the counter intuitive UI and fragmentation of Android.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Threads like this will always have two polarized sides. Me, I love my iPhone. I can't stand the counter intuitive UI and fragmentation of Android.
It's a shame there is the Android vs Apple war just like the Apple vs Windows war and most of the time you can't post about one without someone coming to the defense of the other. They are both GREAT operating systems and both have many pros and cons. The problem is people take it so personal. Like if someone says "I love my Samsung Galaxy S4 so much more then my iPhone" or visa-versa you might as well slapped their mother in the face by how they react. Why people really concern themselves what device someone else chooses and likes and to get emotional charged over it is beyond my comprehension.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:53 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sn0wcrash
Without starting a Android vs iOS war lol, I'm just going to say that I don't like the iPhones anymore. I've had them since the original launch and get the updated "S" model every year, tried the last two iOS 7 betas and just don't like the direction they are going with the phones. Having used my friends S3, S4 and HTC One, I really like what Android is bringing to the table. Still a massive Apple fanboy and will be extremely happy with my 24" iMac, 2 AppleTVs, original iPad and Macbook Pro, but as far as phones go just will go elsewhere.
No worries my friend... I say get what you want! I think you still have plenty of apple products to play with... Plus im not here to start a war either... Its all for fun.. Like I always say..each to there own!! Enjoy...Cheers!!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sn0wcrash

It's a shame there is the Android vs Apple war just like the Apple vs Windows war and most of the time you can't post about one without someone coming to the defense of the other. They are both GREAT operating systems and both have many pros and cons. The problem is people take it so personal. Like if someone says "I love my Samsung Galaxy S4 so much more then my iPhone" or visa-versa you might as well slapped their mother in the face by how they react. Why people really concern themselves what device someone else chooses and likes and to get emotional charged over it is beyond my comprehension.
All great points. Agreed, each to his/her own

Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 PM
jcauseyfd
6th Gear
Wait, did someone just slap my mother???

Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jcauseyfd
Wait, did someone just slap my mother???
Hahaha!!