R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Who has your MINI surprised?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 PM
TXdirt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has your MINI surprised?

In the car with my daughter last night after running a few errands. Pulled up to the stoplight and this big quad cab Dodge with a hemi comes flying up to a stop next to us. He's reving his engine, etc. evidently a lot of testosterone swirling about in that cab. My daughter looks at me and says, "go for it". I punched the sport button and left the kid at the light. Next light he's really revving it up... left him at that one too. While my MINI may not beat a lot of sports cars, it sure as heck isn't going to have a tank like that show it up.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:29 PM
bishop_gideon
3rd Gear
Running up a really twisted road that was under construction at one end. So it was a one way road. A jacked up f150 with loud pipes cuts me off and jumps in front of me. As we head up the hill he punches it and I proceed to take him on the inside after a corner. I blew him away for the rest of the twisties.

He and his buddy were pissed, pointing and screaming at me at the next light. Saying "you only beat me cause I let you!" Yeah right. Your truck handles like, well a truck. Deal with it.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Royson G
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on, guys. If we're going to have a thread about what cars our sporty hatchbacks can "beat", we're going to have to do better than pickup trucks. I mean, FFS.

It's like me bragging about my boxing skills by showing how many grandmothers I've knocked out. Which, coincidentally, is quite a few.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My CM surprises everyone when I tell them it's red - - - and Pure Red, at that.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
bishop_gideon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Royson G
Come on, guys. If we're going to have a thread about what cars our sporty hatchbacks can "beat", we're going to have to do better than pickup trucks. I mean, FFS.

It's like me bragging about my boxing skills by showing how many grandmothers I've knocked out. Which, coincidentally, is quite a few.
Those grandmothers can get pretty lippy.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Dajadeturtle
2nd Gear
A MK V GTI with Stage one upgrades and a air ride suspension, he couldn't believe the bone stock mini only had the 180bhp at the crank.... I think he was not a seasoned driver though ... but if he did take me, there are other choices I could rematch with with any day any time ... ...

Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know, there are some pretty fast pickup trucks... like this diesel monstrosity humiliating a Nissan GT-R

You Tube
"> You Tube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

You Tube
"> You Tube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Day177017
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyhavok
I don't know, there are some pretty fast pickup trucks... like this diesel monstrosity humiliating a Nissan GT-R

Well now you're talking about legitimate baseball players going up against one that is clearly on steroids.

Yah, i just went there.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:21 PM
MiniBOL
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree but sometimes it is fun when you beat em on your turf. I mean, some of these trucks will try to race you on the streets just because they know they have the HP.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
SmithWerks
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you guys think all trucks are slow, you better pick up a copy of your latest Car & Driver, etc. Quite a few have zero- 60 in under 7 sec & forget the rolling starts. A lot also have well over 400hp/tq. Regardless of their weight, thats a lot of power & these unloaded trucks MOVE.
People ask me all the time, Is it fast? I usually reply w/ something like, It's not slow, but it's def not Corvette fast either. It's a quick little car/er'' SUV & surprising for its relative size.. I guess.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM
nd3boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SmithWerks
if you guys think all trucks are slow, you better pick up a copy of your latest Car & Driver, etc. Quite a few have zero- 60 in under 7 sec & forget the rolling starts. A lot also have well over 400hp/tq. Regardless of their weight, thats a lot of power & these unloaded trucks MOVE.
People ask me all the time, Is it fast? I usually reply w/ something like, It's not slow, but it's def not Corvette fast either. It's a quick little car/er'' SUV & surprising for its relative size.. I guess.
Good way at describing it. I always say its quick, not fast.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
My car impressed Way of Way Motor Works when he had it for day. He said he was surprised how well it handled.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Syck2972
2nd Gear
It's always fun to show up some of the local teens that think they are hot sh*t. LOL