R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:19 AM
scf
5th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Myrtle got a new set of sneakers (225/55R17) and black stock wheels. Also a Milltek exhaust system.

The following users liked this post:
iwashmycar (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by scf

Myrtle got a new set of sneakers (225/55R17) and black stock wheels. Also a Milltek exhaust system.
No rubs? I just put same size on, but with wider, lower offset wheels so I wondered if stockers would work too.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:09 AM
scf
5th Gear
Nope, no rubs. And I'm on a dirt road.

The following users liked this post:
iwashmycar (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
ParrishT13
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Rally
You all ready my mind. I want to do exactly all that, the gold accents on all those parts. They wouldn't wrap those parts because they couldn't guarantee that the vinyl would stick to the chrome and plastic parts. Maybe powder coating?

Living in Orange County, I know I have a lot of options, so that's nice. it's just time consuming to look for places since I'm also busy growing my business.
Do you have any experience with PlastiDip? I have used PlastiDip for years on about every vehicle I have owned. I have dipped small simple items like emblems and I have even dipped a couple of my cars. They have a few gold options that might match perfectly and it will stick to anything, it is very easy to apply, and it will look great when its done.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear

Dead battery. And we have that m*********ing IBS system on the battery. Local shop will do the job for about $260 so might as well. By the time I bought a battery and the app/cable I'd be well over that.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:28 PM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by ParrishT13
Do you have any experience with PlastiDip? I have used PlastiDip for years on about every vehicle I have owned. I have dipped small simple items like emblems and I have even dipped a couple of my cars. They have a few gold options that might match perfectly and it will stick to anything, it is very easy to apply, and it will look great when its done.
Very little experience, nothing I would trust myself to do for the parts I want done.

I may give it a try since I can peel it right off later. I did my headlight rings, lasted a couple years before it started to chip. Still looks alright though. The gold on the car is glossy and slightly metallic, so I'm curious to see if that's available in Plasti dip form.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
AWD_Rally

Originally Posted by iwashmycar

Dead battery. And we have that m*********ing IBS system on the battery. Local shop will do the job for about $260 so might as well. By the time I bought a battery and the app/cable I'd be well over that.
Darn... that's no fun. If you want to have fun with it, throw in a 5lb Li-Ion. I've had mine on my car since 2015 and it's still going strong. Drops about 20# off the front end. It's a noticeable difference, if you're into that kind of thing.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:19 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Not into that. Wifes car with wrong transmission anyway haha

Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 PM
The Brownhornet
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finshed editing video today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLlXq5QfyQ8

Let me know what you think flame suit on

Old 01-31-2018, 08:11 PM
AWD_Rally

Originally Posted by The Brownhornet

That's awesome!

Old 01-31-2018, 08:13 PM
AWD_Rally

Originally Posted by iwashmycar
Not into that. Wifes car with wrong transmission anyway haha
Haha. Sometimes I wish I had an auto, or a SMG type gearbox...

Old 02-01-2018, 05:11 AM
ParrishT13
1st Gear
Very little experience, nothing I would trust myself to do for the parts I want done.

I may give it a try since I can peel it right off later. I did my headlight rings, lasted a couple years before it started to chip. Still looks alright though. The gold on the car is glossy and slightly metallic, so I'm curious to see if that's available in Plasti dip form.
They do have a gold metallic and they also make a glossifier depending on how much of a shine you're wanting. I actually picked up a few cans of gold the other day. I am waiting for a warm weekend so I can dip my wheels and roof rack cross bars. Everything applies very easily, the most important step is getting the surface clean before spraying.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:19 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear

Need to go lower!

Old 02-01-2018, 07:32 AM
scf
5th Gear

Excellent!!!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:11 AM
The Brownhornet
1st Gear
That's awesome!
thank you

Old 02-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Kowboycoop
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Added OEM Countryman Cross Rails to a 2017 Countryman 2017 AllS4. Now I want the OEM Roof Box. Want it to fit in my Garage. The Box can not be any taller the 16 Inches. Does anyone know how tall the OEM Mini Roof Box is? My Dealership did not know. Please Help.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:07 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Had a pesky brake sensor light and couldn't reset the service notification.

Tried unplugging it, then resetting, then replugging, then resetting.

I think I had just damaged it during brake install. Spliced the wires together and zip tied it out the way. Just fine now!

Pro tip: reset the thing BEFORE it hits the mileage counter no matter what. After that, you are at least taking a wheel off lol

Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Mark Bielick
3rd Gear
Replaced two of the run-flats

I know everyone jumps all over the run-flats on the C-Man, but yesterday, my left rear tire blew out on a deserted stretch of highway. It sounded like a shotgun going off, and the tire pressure warning came on within 5 seconds.
I was able to limp home 35 miles in an absolute downpour storm, without having to replace the tire. Where I was at, I get no cell reception, so I couldn't call AAA even if I wanted to. The weather was horrible, and changing the tire for a spare, if I had one, would have been a nightmare.
So, I bought two new run flats, identical to the Continentals I've had on the car for the last 40,000 miles because, quite frankly, I don't mind the added noise or rougher ride. I really don't want to take up my trunk space with a collapsible spare, nor do I want to be left on the highway with no spare. So, I'm back on the road with my noisy, rough run flats, and I'd not have it any other way.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:30 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Bielick
I know everyone jumps all over the run-flats on the C-Man, but yesterday, my left rear tire blew out on a deserted stretch of highway. It sounded like a shotgun going off, and the tire pressure warning came on within 5 seconds.
I was able to limp home 35 miles in an absolute downpour storm, without having to replace the tire. Where I was at, I get no cell reception, so I couldn't call AAA even if I wanted to. The weather was horrible, and changing the tire for a spare, if I had one, would have been a nightmare.
So, I bought two new run flats, identical to the Continentals I've had on the car for the last 40,000 miles because, quite frankly, I don't mind the added noise or rougher ride. I really don't want to take up my trunk space with a collapsible spare, nor do I want to be left on the highway with no spare. So, I'm back on the road with my noisy, rough run flats, and I'd not have it any other way.
A few years ago, I was *spiritedly* driving down from the mountains and right before I hit the main freeway, the car started feeling like it was driving over corrugated road... I didn't think too much about it until I got on the freeway and it persisted... I got off the next exit, which had a gas station, pulled in next to the air compressor and looked to see what was wrong. I found the passenger rear tire completely flat, which was weird, cause it was fine when we left, so I started to put some air in it. It didn't inflate and it was making a weird noise (like I could hear the air)... I reach around the back of the tire and there was a hole big enough to fit my hand in it!! We ended up having to wait a LONG while for the tow truck (we used Mini Roadside and we were still in the mountains), but we eventually got to the dealership and we bought a new set of tires (they were about time to replace anyway).

After that, I have been a HUGE fan of runflats! I mean, if I could be driving along (regular roads and on the freeway) with a HUGE HOLE in the tire and all it felt like was I was driving on some weird pavement, that's amazing! Never heard or felt a blow out from that (not even weird handling), just, all of a sudden, felt like something wasn't right... I'll take the "loudness" and "rough" driving all day long as well!

Old 03-03-2018, 04:51 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Took Lucy in for an oil change at 65K. My first trip to a dealer in MD. I’m moving to Southern PA and MD is closest dealer. Overall went well my wipers were not working well and they checked and last recorded change was 2014, the new ones work great. They also put a new belt on here the original as getting in tires but skipped that. My Falken tires are approaching 50K and are still legal. The OEM tires didn’t make 20K. They vacuumed her out but at 45 it’s was too cold to wash. WI dealer washes if it’s above 5 deg.

Overall nice folks and a good experience!

Old 03-04-2018, 04:27 AM
ParrishT13
1st Gear
Finally coming together

Alice is finally coming together. Trying out some color options for wheels.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:06 AM
AWD_Rally

Thats a cool color! What color is that?

Old 03-04-2018, 02:51 PM
ParrishT13
1st Gear
Thats a cool color! What color is that?
It is PlastiDip Copper Metallizer.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:33 PM
AWD_Rally

BC Racing custom coilovers are finally installed. Swift springs, 8k f/ 9k r. Also installed the 25mm M7 RSB. Almost done with the suspension. Need to raise the front about an inch or so and then add a little more negative camber to the front to clear the inside fenders a little better. We trimmed the hell out of the rear area to get them wheels and tires to fit.

Wheel setup: 17x8.5" et40 with 245/45-17 tires.

FYI on the coilovers, they were about 23 lbs lighter than the OE suspension. I was actually super surprised, I would've been happy with evening out. As far as the weight reduction goal with this car, that helped me get a lot closer sooner than I thought.

Beyond the suspension I want to finish up with the exterior. Change all chrome to matte black, also get the inside of the headlights painted black, possibly with some gold/bronze accents along with the black to match the colors of my company.

I've had a red Sparco EVO seat for about 4 years... I might install that as well, that'll drop about another 20 lbs off the car. Which would put my ALL4 at around 2900 lbs, or 300+ pounds lighter than stock. Nice thing is that it will match the interior panels of my car, so that works out if I do do that. Anyways, here are some pictures. I'll take better ones once the suspension is at 100% of what I want.

Going for a MINI WRC look as far as my aggressive stance goes.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Throw down $130 or so and get the JCW front lip piece. Well worth it

Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?