R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by starman
Excellente'! Ordered the door handle covers from AC earlier today myself! Let me know how easily they stick on.
I will do that. I am having them painted the absolute black tomorrow to match my car. Right now they come flat black and they looked great but I wanted to match them. Couple other friends have them as well and one hasn't glued them on yet and he has gone 120 mph and they are still there.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Gave her a quick wash before tonights road trip to San Fran.

Name:  2f2a1755.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  383.9 KB

Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojito

Looks sharp!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:21 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Today I noticed a plastic rivet came out of one of my mudflaps. Grrrrr. There's at least 5 different plastic rivets I found on RealOEM and who knows which one is right. I'll probably just put a screw in there instead.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's absolutely gorgeous!! But then I'm a bit biased...

Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM
pepsiguy78
1st Gear
Just received the MINI front mud flaps for our CMS4 and wonder if anyone else has installed them - they have the double sided tape that will stick it to the inner fender. Is that enough or do I need to screw it in place also?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:38 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by pepsiguy78
Just received the MINI front mud flaps for our CMS4 and wonder if anyone else has installed them - they have the double sided tape that will stick it to the inner fender. Is that enough or do I need to screw it in place also?
It should have come with a handful of screws and/or plastic rivets that you use to install them. Don't just use the tape, or you will shortly be buying another set.

There's a thread here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tallation.html and there's another thread in the CM how-to forum with a link to the factory instructions.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chrunck
Don't just use the tape, or you will shortly be buying another set.

^^^
This...definitely don't use anything but hardware to install them.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
pepsiguy78
1st Gear
Thanks for the heads up - I just was dreading getting the drill out and putting holes in the Countryman.

Originally Posted by 1bigpea
^^^
This...definitely don't use anything but hardware to install them.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Went through a drive through car wash after filling up with gas. It was an impulse, I always...always wash my vehicles myself.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
As it sits today...2 months old today...sorry for crappy cell phone pictures but after I get it finished and detailed this weekend, I will get the camera out. Only have the rear lights rings left to add. Hoping to tackle that tonight. All depends on the baby and if he gives me time to get into the garage.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Mical
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pepsiguy78
Just put a complete set on and it came with hardware. The tape is just to help hold it flush against body. Definetely use the mounting hardware, pretty simple stuff + you reuse a couple of the OE bolts.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 PM
pepsiguy78
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mical
Just put a complete set on and it came with hardware. The tape is just to help hold it flush against body. Definetely use the mounting hardware, pretty simple stuff + you reuse a couple of the OE bolts.

Pretty straight forward. I only bought the fronts but I will buy the backs as well - it will balance the look. I am impressed with the quality.
We love our MINI - my wife has never been so excited about a car before the CMSA4.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
eenunez1
3rd Gear
Took Sargent in to have the driver's side window tinted for the 3rd time... 1st time a horizontal line across the botton; 2nd time 50% tint vice the 70%.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
liveSTRONG
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-b10
As it sits today...2 months old today...sorry for crappy cell phone pictures but after I get it finished and detailed this weekend, I will get the camera out. Only have the rear lights rings left to add. Hoping to tackle that tonight. All depends on the baby and if he gives me time to get into the garage.

I'm loving your CM - well done!

Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear

Very nice CMS! Are your side scuttles vinyl wrapped? Those are great looking!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
@ Livestrong & MiniMouse - Thank you very much. Still need to finish the taillight rings. Never got around to doing them this weekend.

Mini - my side scuttles are actually painted. I had the scuttles, mirror caps and brake ducts in the front painted Spice Orange.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
She's absolutely gorgeous!! But then I'm a bit biased...
Thanks, right back at ya

but then the end of the road trip comes. And I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day

Name:  0be01c02.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  147.8 KB

Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
tybeegirl
3rd Gear
After helping my son move (hauling stuff to Goodwill etc), my car was trashed. Lots of cardboard "crumbs", spiderwebby stuff and leaf matter from the occasional cloudbursts. Add to that, she was already dusty. Today I did the first "complete" interior detail. This car cleans up so easily.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
@ Livestrong & MiniMouse - Thank you very much. Still need to finish the taillight rings. Never got around to doing them this weekend.

Mini - my side scuttles are actually painted. I had the scuttles, mirror caps and brake ducts in the front painted Spice Orange.
Well they look really good! Not sure I would paint mine, but not sure I want to wrap either. I am getting the a-panels done sometime soon though.

Thanks, right back at ya

but then the end of the road trip comes. And I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day

Originally Posted by tybeegirl
After helping my son move (hauling stuff to Goodwill etc), my car was trashed. Lots of cardboard "crumbs", spiderwebby stuff and leaf matter from the occasional cloudbursts. Add to that, she was already dusty. Today I did the first "complete" interior detail. This car cleans up so easily.

Gotta love our surf blue babies!
We went to Houston on Saturday and mine has been covered in bugs but it's been raining all week so no chance to wash yet. Hopefully soon! Good thing MINIs got a clear bra.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM
garmjoe
2nd Gear
I got my tires rotated. Man, the dealer ship wanted something like $75 to do it once! I ended up calling Discount Tires and bought a lifetime rotation/balance for $68. I have had very good experiences there too. I still wonder why Mini could not have just included rotations in the 3-year free maintenance plan...

Old 07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
homebruin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by garmjoe
I got my tires rotated. Man, the dealer ship wanted something like $75 to do it once! I ended up calling Discount Tires and bought a lifetime rotation/balance for $68. I have had very good experiences there too. I still wonder why Mini could not have just included rotations in the 3-year free maintenance plan...
I don't understand that either. I picked up my new CM yesterday. The salesman told me that tire rotation wasn't included in the 3-year free maintenance plan. No way I'm going to the dealer just to rotate tires!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Did the mic swap!

OMG my fingers are tore up from sticking them in those plastic holes. It was like some type of torture!!! After about 15 mins of wiggling and jiggling it around I finally got it done. But it felt like an hour with all the pain!!! I have small girly hands too. I can't imagine someone with sausage fingers trying to do that. Helped a lot when I got a LONG set of needle nose up there though. My right index finger is all red and cut up. Haha.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Blacked out grill. Plasti Dip RULES!!!! It came out ok. But before I started taking millions of clips off rings or taping off spots I want to test it on something a little less obvious so started with the grill. I will probably take it off again in the next few weeks and touch up some of the spots but from about 2-3 feet it looks AWESOME!!! Really love this front end.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sn0wcrash
Blacked out grill. Plasti Dip RULES!!!! It came out ok. But before I started taking millions of clips off rings or taping off spots I want to test it on something a little less obvious so started with the grill. I will probably take it off again in the next few weeks and touch up some of the spots but from about 2-3 feet it looks AWESOME!!! Really love this front end.

No need to remove rings, just more work. Mine came out great without removing them and you dont need to worry about messing up the work you did trying to put them back on.

Grill looks sick btw.

Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?