North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015-355/)
-   -   R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015/232005-what-did-you-do-to-your-countryman-today.html)

Mini-b10 07-02-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by starman (Post 3542274)
Excellente'! Ordered the door handle covers from AC earlier today myself! Let me know how easily they stick on.

I will do that. I am having them painted the absolute black tomorrow to match my car. Right now they come flat black and they looked great but I wanted to match them. Couple other friends have them as well and one hasn't glued them on yet and he has gone 120 mph and they are still there. :lol:

Mojito 07-02-2012 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gave her a quick wash before tonights road trip to San Fran.

Attachment 171276

1bigpea 07-02-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mojito (Post 3542414)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/2f2a1755.jpg

Looks sharp! :thumbsup:

chrunck 07-02-2012 04:21 PM

Today I noticed a plastic rivet came out of one of my mudflaps. Grrrrr. There's at least 5 different plastic rivets I found on RealOEM and who knows which one is right. I'll probably just put a screw in there instead.

MiniMouse17 07-02-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mojito (Post 3542414)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/2f2a1755.jpg

She's absolutely gorgeous!! But then I'm a bit biased... :grin:

pepsiguy78 07-02-2012 04:35 PM

Just received the MINI front mud flaps for our CMS4 and wonder if anyone else has installed them - they have the double sided tape that will stick it to the inner fender. Is that enough or do I need to screw it in place also?

chrunck 07-02-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by pepsiguy78 (Post 3542423)
Just received the MINI front mud flaps for our CMS4 and wonder if anyone else has installed them - they have the double sided tape that will stick it to the inner fender. Is that enough or do I need to screw it in place also?

It should have come with a handful of screws and/or plastic rivets that you use to install them. Don't just use the tape, or you will shortly be buying another set. :lol:

There's a thread here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tallation.html and there's another thread in the CM how-to forum with a link to the factory instructions.

1bigpea 07-02-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by chrunck (Post 3542467)
Don't just use the tape, or you will shortly be buying another set. :lol:

^^^
This...definitely don't use anything but hardware to install them. :thumbsup:

pepsiguy78 07-02-2012 07:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up - I just was dreading getting the drill out and putting holes in the Countryman.

Originally Posted by 1bigpea (Post 3542476)
^^^
This...definitely don't use anything but hardware to install them. :thumbsup:

1bigpea 07-05-2012 08:31 PM

Went through a drive through car wash after filling up with gas. It was an impulse, I always...always wash my vehicles myself. :eek2:

Mini-b10 07-06-2012 04:55 AM

As it sits today...2 months old today...sorry for crappy cell phone pictures but after I get it finished and detailed this weekend, I will get the camera out. Only have the rear lights rings left to add. Hoping to tackle that tonight. All depends on the baby and if he gives me time to get into the garage.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ta/500/cm7.jpg

Mical 07-06-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by pepsiguy78 (Post 3542423)

Just put a complete set on and it came with hardware. The tape is just to help hold it flush against body. Definetely use the mounting hardware, pretty simple stuff + you reuse a couple of the OE bolts.

pepsiguy78 07-06-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mical (Post 3544432)
Just put a complete set on and it came with hardware. The tape is just to help hold it flush against body. Definetely use the mounting hardware, pretty simple stuff + you reuse a couple of the OE bolts.

Pretty straight forward. I only bought the fronts but I will buy the backs as well - it will balance the look. I am impressed with the quality.
We love our MINI - my wife has never been so excited about a car before the CMSA4.

eenunez1 07-06-2012 08:35 PM

Took Sargent in to have the driver's side window tinted for the 3rd time... 1st time a horizontal line across the botton; 2nd time 50% tint vice the 70%.

liveSTRONG 07-08-2012 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mini-b10 (Post 3544351)
As it sits today...2 months old today...sorry for crappy cell phone pictures but after I get it finished and detailed this weekend, I will get the camera out. Only have the rear lights rings left to add. Hoping to tackle that tonight. All depends on the baby and if he gives me time to get into the garage.

I'm loving your CM - well done!

MiniMouse17 07-08-2012 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mini-b10 (Post 3544351)

Very nice CMS! Are your side scuttles vinyl wrapped? Those are great looking! :thumbsup:

Mini-b10 07-09-2012 04:40 AM

@ Livestrong & MiniMouse - Thank you very much. Still need to finish the taillight rings. Never got around to doing them this weekend.

Mini - my side scuttles are actually painted. I had the scuttles, mirror caps and brake ducts in the front painted Spice Orange.

Mojito 07-09-2012 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MiniMouse17 (Post 3542422)
She's absolutely gorgeous!! But then I'm a bit biased... :grin:

Thanks, right back at ya :nod:

but then the end of the road trip comes. And I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day

Attachment 171277

tybeegirl 07-09-2012 04:13 PM

After helping my son move (hauling stuff to Goodwill etc), my car was trashed. Lots of cardboard "crumbs", spiderwebby stuff and leaf matter from the occasional cloudbursts. Add to that, she was already dusty. Today I did the first "complete" interior detail. This car cleans up so easily. :thumbsup:

MiniMouse17 07-10-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mini-b10 (Post 3546119)
@ Livestrong & MiniMouse - Thank you very much. Still need to finish the taillight rings. Never got around to doing them this weekend.

Mini - my side scuttles are actually painted. I had the scuttles, mirror caps and brake ducts in the front painted Spice Orange.

Well they look really good! Not sure I would paint mine, but not sure I want to wrap either. I am getting the a-panels done sometime soon though.

Originally Posted by Mojito (Post 3546445)
Thanks, right back at ya :nod:

but then the end of the road trip comes. And I guess I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...n/0be01c02.jpg

Originally Posted by tybeegirl (Post 3546580)
After helping my son move (hauling stuff to Goodwill etc), my car was trashed. Lots of cardboard "crumbs", spiderwebby stuff and leaf matter from the occasional cloudbursts. Add to that, she was already dusty. Today I did the first "complete" interior detail. This car cleans up so easily. :thumbsup:

:grin: Gotta love our surf blue babies!
We went to Houston on Saturday and mine has been covered in bugs but it's been raining all week so no chance to wash yet. Hopefully soon! Good thing MINIs got a clear bra.

garmjoe 07-10-2012 08:51 AM

I got my tires rotated. Man, the dealer ship wanted something like $75 to do it once! I ended up calling Discount Tires and bought a lifetime rotation/balance for $68. I have had very good experiences there too. I still wonder why Mini could not have just included rotations in the 3-year free maintenance plan...:impatient:

homebruin 07-11-2012 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by garmjoe (Post 3547047)
I got my tires rotated. Man, the dealer ship wanted something like $75 to do it once! I ended up calling Discount Tires and bought a lifetime rotation/balance for $68. I have had very good experiences there too. I still wonder why Mini could not have just included rotations in the 3-year free maintenance plan...:impatient:

I don't understand that either. I picked up my new CM yesterday. The salesman told me that tire rotation wasn't included in the 3-year free maintenance plan. No way I'm going to the dealer just to rotate tires!

sn0wcrash 07-12-2012 10:08 AM

Did the mic swap!

OMG my fingers are tore up from sticking them in those plastic holes. It was like some type of torture!!! After about 15 mins of wiggling and jiggling it around I finally got it done. But it felt like an hour with all the pain!!! I have small girly hands too. I can't imagine someone with sausage fingers trying to do that. Helped a lot when I got a LONG set of needle nose up there though. My right index finger is all red and cut up. Haha.

sn0wcrash 07-12-2012 05:31 PM

Blacked out grill. Plasti Dip RULES!!!! It came out ok. But before I started taking millions of clips off rings or taping off spots I want to test it on something a little less obvious so started with the grill. I will probably take it off again in the next few weeks and touch up some of the spots but from about 2-3 feet it looks AWESOME!!! Really love this front end.

1bigpea 07-12-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sn0wcrash (Post 3549095)
Blacked out grill. Plasti Dip RULES!!!! It came out ok. But before I started taking millions of clips off rings or taping off spots I want to test it on something a little less obvious so started with the grill. I will probably take it off again in the next few weeks and touch up some of the spots but from about 2-3 feet it looks AWESOME!!! Really love this front end.

No need to remove rings, just more work. Mine came out great without removing them and you dont need to worry about messing up the work you did trying to put them back on. :wink:

Grill looks sick btw.