R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

  #501  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Leader
Leader is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had the headlight trim rings vinyl wrapped flat black.

 
  #502  
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, today I just cleaned her up a bit. But in the past 6 days since I picked her up I've:

Plasti dipped all chrome bits (except door handles)

Blacked out belt line

Windows tinted (15% rear and sides, 60% entire front windshield)

Installed torque arm insert

EDIT: I also threw on a stubby antenna

Name:  IMG_4110.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  85.8 KB
Name:  IMG_4133.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  80.6 KB
 

Last edited by Mark Gallo; 11-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.
  #503  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
CMFFEMT's Avatar
CMFFEMT
CMFFEMT is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Gallo View Post
Well, today I just cleaned her up a bit. But in the past 6 days since I picked her up I've:

Plasti dipped all chrome bits (except door handles)

Blacked out belt line

Windows tinted (15% rear and sides, 60% entire front windshield)

Installed torque arm insert
Who did your stripes? I've been looking at other cars with stripes but haven't seen red yet. It looks great.
 
  #504  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CMFFEMT View Post
Who did your stripes? I've been looking at other cars with stripes but haven't seen red yet. It looks great.
I got mine done at the dealership as soon as it arrived. Vista Mini in Coconut Creek.
 
  #505  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
CMFFEMT's Avatar
CMFFEMT
CMFFEMT is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much did they charge? I bought mine at palm beach braman and never asked but I like your red stripes and been thinking about it.
 
  #506  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good question, lol. I don't really remember. I knew I wanted them and I also knew they'd be cheaper buying them from the local dealer and having them installed there as opposed to from the factory.
 
  #507  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
CMFFEMT's Avatar
CMFFEMT
CMFFEMT is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM'd.
 
  #508  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Adamrod7
Adamrod7 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Gallo View Post
Good question, lol. I don't really remember. I knew I wanted them and I also knew they'd be cheaper buying them from the local dealer and having them installed there as opposed to from the factory.
The car looks great! Is your car a 2012 or 2013?
 
  #509  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adamrod7 View Post
The car looks great! Is your car a 2012 or 2013?
Thanks! They actually gave me the paperwork for someone else's 2013 when I picked up the car so I had to go back and get the correct paperwork for my 2012.
 
  #510  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Adamrod7
Adamrod7 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you PlastiDip? or someone else? How long did it take? Was it easy?

I want to dechrome my R60S, but I'm afraid to screw it up

What was the brand you used? Did you spray clearcoat after?
 
  #511  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adamrod7 View Post
Did you PlastiDip? or someone else? How long did it take? Was it easy?

I want to dechrome my R60S, but I'm afraid to screw it up

What was the brand you used? Did you spray clearcoat after?
I did it myself. It took most of the day. If you're good with a spray can then yes, I'd say it's fairly easy. The best part about about plasti-dip is that if you screw it up you can peel it off like tape as long as the layer is thick enough. I did not use clear coat after as I was going for the matte look. Search youtube for plasti dip tutorials and you'll find a bunch of great tips.
 
  #512  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
dpike's Avatar
dpike
dpike is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great mark.
 
  #513  
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Burchie
Burchie is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Corona,CA
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Burgh Bhoy '67 View Post

The guy following me loved my bumper sticker !

There's always 2016. Lol

 
  #514  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Photo703
Photo703 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alexandria, Va.
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We took delivery of our 2013 Countryman S this afternoon. The first 2013 CM at the MINI of Alexandria dealership. Our MA said the employees were all over it to see what had changed from the 2012 models. Photos will follow after this sunny weekend.
 
  #515  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Adamrod7
Adamrod7 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Photo703 View Post
We took delivery of our 2013 Countryman S this afternoon. The first 2013 CM at the MINI of Alexandria dealership. Our MA said the employees were all over it to see what had changed from the 2012 models. Photos will follow after this sunny weekend.
looking forward to your pictures

 
  #516  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Kurtster's Avatar
Kurtster
Kurtster is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 489
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark, that stripe is the shiznit!

Well I don't have my MINI yet so I can't say I did anything TO it, but I did buy stuff FOR it over the holiday weekend, some of which arrived today. Stuff includes:

Rennsport red door handle pulls
Rennsport silver door locks
127 piece Chrome interior rings set (I like chrome...don't hate).
Grimspeed tow-port license plate holder
OutMotoring LED front driving light kit
"Coupé" chrome badge (for symmetry - Left side opposite the JCE logo)

I'm probably done for a while. There's also a bunch of stuff the dealer will be installing so I'm kind of overspent.
 
  #517  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 AM
FireflyWI's Avatar
FireflyWI
FireflyWI is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took mine into the dealership yesterday for an oil change (10,000 mi.) and they said there was seepage around the oil pan, so it is back to the dealership today for warranty repair they say will definitely take all day. I hope the loaner car is a fun one,
 
  #518  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted brake calipers red and installed yellow fog bulbs.

Name:  47079FC9-D03F-4A34-965A-D0B4E32A61C8-3388-000001BEEC03176D.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  227.5 KB

Name:  1CE4DB02-CA1F-4B82-B625-6292AB05DCA4-3388-000001BEE640E4DA.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  222.7 KB
Name:  C04E13AA-A5B4-4A63-B885-547E7C464674-3554-000001C8AB33519E.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  222.3 KB
 
  #519  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
bmwr606's Avatar
bmwr606
bmwr606 is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: wisconsin, usa
Posts: 2,247
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
took my 03/2013 build cms all4 into the dealer for oil/filter change at 7,900 miles as the OBC had counted down to zero from 9,000 where it started when new

i had previously done 2 oil/filter changes myself, at 1500 miles and 4500 miles

when i started the car after the dealer was done, OBC says 8,000 miles until next oil/filter change

also, no leaks found

the sensor leak on the block or oil pan that is contaminating the wiring harness is not present

the transfer case is not leaking

the rear differential is not leaking

manual transmission not leaking

all brake pads worn less than 1/3

had all the mini technicians crowded around my cms all4 while it was on the lift draining the oil, looking at my mini oem 16" alloy wheels with 205/70-16 winter tires ... first time they have seen a countryman on 16" wheels

they also liked my milltek downpipe back exhaust

scott
 
  #520  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
1bigpea
1bigpea is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 429
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark Gallo View Post
Painted brake calipers red and installed yellow fog bulbs.

Nice! I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my calipers, how long did it take you and what "paint kit" did you use?

 
  #521  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM
1bigpea
1bigpea is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 429
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmwr606 View Post
took my 03/2013 build cms all4 into the dealer for oil/filter change at 7,900 miles as the OBC had counted down to zero from 9,000 where it started when new

i had previously done 2 oil/filter changes myself, at 1500 miles and 4500 miles

when i started the car after the dealer was done, OBC says 8,000 miles until next oil/filter change
That's strange how some dealerships are re-setting the oil change intervals and others are not. When I took my wife's MCS in for the scheduled change they didn't change the interval.

Was there there anything on your work order that said they touched your ECU in any way?
 
  #522  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM
bmwr606's Avatar
bmwr606
bmwr606 is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: wisconsin, usa
Posts: 2,247
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1bigpea View Post
That's strange how some dealerships are re-setting the oil change intervals and others are not. When I took my wife's MCS in for the scheduled change they didn't change the interval.

Was there there anything on your work order that said they touched your ECU in any way?
no, i asked

ecu is "as delivered", so is my dad's 09/2011 2012 build cms all4 and his OBC showed 8,000 miles til next oil change also

scott
 
  #523  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
1bigpea
1bigpea is offline
4th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 429
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmwr606 View Post
no, i asked

ecu is "as delivered", so is my dad's 09/2011 2012 build cms all4 and his OBC showed 8,000 miles til next oil change also

scott
Ok...thanks. I wonder how they do that...some secret setting accessed through the maintenance/info settings?


 
  #524  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1bigpea View Post
Nice! I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my calipers, how long did it take you and what "paint kit" did you use?

I started jacking up the car around 7:30am and didn't put the wheels back on until about 4:30ish. It's not a difficult process, just time consuming. I used the POR-15 Caliper Paint Kit.
http://www.skspeed.com/ProductDetail...ductID=POR2009

It comes with masking tape, two sponge brushes, 2 pairs of rubber gloves, a cleaning solution, a prep treatment (which etches the metal to ensure proper adhesion), a rust preventative base coat, and the colored paint which dries to a ceramic-type finish.
DO NOT USE BRAKE PARTS CLEANER!!!!!!

 
  #525  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Mark Gallo's Avatar
Mark Gallo
Mark Gallo is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threw on the red brake ducts today even though it's a bit dirty.

Name:  E5E81280-501A-44BA-B932-6FAAA4F6B16D-5779-000002EDDE11259F.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  273.4 KB
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: