North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015-355/)
-   -   R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015/232005-what-did-you-do-to-your-countryman-today.html)

Mical 08-30-2012 06:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=1bigpea;3580696] Either way there's not really a lot of places to install it that are convenient.

I mounted mine on corner of windshield using their mount.

iriedevil32 08-30-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mini-b10 (Post 3532926)
Phone pictures because I have been to lazy to download the pics from my camera...but here is a shot of mine with the front splitter added on Friday.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...medium/cm5.jpg
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...medium/cm4.jpg

Did you put the splitter on yourself or did you have someone put it on for you? It looks very nice!

dpike 08-30-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by aleclee (Post 3580807)
Thanks!
  • ALL4 (as if anyone 'round here would get a FWD CM) w/ 3 pedals
  • Red w/black roof & black 17" wheels
  • Tech pkg w/Nav
  • Premium pkg
  • Cold weather pkg
  • Sunroof
  • Flat load floor
  • Cloth seats (something to keep from toasting my backside in the summer)
The one thing I passed on was the built-in garage door opener. Not only was that pretty pricey, the other options that it required made the added cost ridiculous IMO. For that kind of $$$, I'll be perfectly content to clip a transmitter to my visor.

i originally wanted the mirror with the opener option, but it just wasn't available on any lot in my area so i installed flash2pass and i'm much happier with that. the entire installation took about 15 minutes and it works great.

aleclee 08-30-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by dpike (Post 3580856)
i originally wanted the mirror with the opener option, but it just wasn't available on any lot in my area so i installed flash2pass and i'm much happier with that. the entire installation took about 15 minutes and it works great.

Cool! That looks like a great alternative. Will most definitely check that out.

sbdubya 08-30-2012 10:24 AM

Installed error free LED W5W bulbs in the access lighting under the doors.Nice and bright, would post pics if I knew how to take good ones at night with my digital camera.
One thing I will add is it is unbelievable how hot the stock W5W bulbs get in those housings. Even with the door open and light on for less than a minute they were burning hot including the housing. Glad to switch out to the cooler LED.
Up next: Tuesday Chaos goes in for the coolant temp sensor recall and a look at the "weeping" sump pan gasket as pointed out by the local Mini mechanic at the 6500 mile oil change.

Mini-b10 08-30-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by iriedevil32 (Post 3580831)
Did you put the splitter on yourself or did you have someone put it on for you? It looks very nice!

Myself and a buddy of mine did it. Took about 30 minutes. Just made it easier to have 2 people.

Dajadeturtle 08-30-2012 04:18 PM

factory checkered mirror caps... have to do a little trimming to get the rear view mirror cap to fit right, will photo when done. :thumbsup:

iriedevil32 08-30-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mini-b10 (Post 3581017)
Myself and a buddy of mine did it. Took about 30 minutes. Just made it easier to have 2 people.

Well it looks really good on your MINI.

Dajadeturtle 08-30-2012 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
im thinking of doing the same spoiler this way i wont have to paint, and its really a sharp looking piece... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: couldn't wait to take a photo... this car has me like a kid in a candy store again.

Mini-b10 08-31-2012 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by iriedevil32 (Post 3581181)
Well it looks really good on your MINI.

Originally Posted by Dajadeturtle (Post 3581249)
im thinking of doing the same spoiler this way i wont have to paint, and its really a sharp looking piece... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: couldn't wait to take a photo... this car has me like a kid in a candy store again.

After putting it on I think it should be the standard spoiler on the CM. It brings a much cooler and meaner look to the car. :thumbsup:

1bigpea 08-31-2012 05:17 PM

Took an exhaust sound video of the Magnaflow. :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/XT-30CjzWdQ

Dajadeturtle 08-31-2012 05:30 PM

exhaust sounds really nice, did i also hear the wheels slip after your were moving?... if so ... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:grin:

1bigpea 08-31-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dajadeturtle (Post 3581844)
exhaust sounds really nice, did i also hear the wheels slip after your were moving?... if so ... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:grin:

Haha....yup!!! Wish I could have continued to accelerate.

Thanks!

Dajadeturtle 09-01-2012 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK trimmed my factory rear view mirror cap and fitted it today... may not seem like much but on the non-mini side of the world assisted on a clutch install on a viper today... :nod:

1bigpea 09-01-2012 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dajadeturtle (Post 3582391)
OK trimmed my factory rear view mirror cap and fitted it today... may not seem like much but on the non-mini side of the world assisted on a clutch install on a viper today... :nod:

Sick pic!

Where's the Viper pic?! lol

Dajadeturtle 09-02-2012 10:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
since you asked,... and yes it is quick but definitely not my cup of tea i guess its really a chick magnet, or a dudes happy dream to pull in the best gold diggers at the club LOL... i will stick with the mini and fly under the radar... and to keep on topic with the threads theme I washed both mini and porsche this morning... :grin:

jurni 09-03-2012 09:18 AM

Giving my CM a nice bath as it hit 10,000 miles.

FredoinSF 09-03-2012 11:59 AM

Today, I entered the CM into a carpet cleaning challenge. :wink:

The idea came after thinking MINI really went cheap with the rug on that car every time I vacuum it. This was bugging me as I was detailing the oldest car in the fleet - my 02 BMW 303cic - on Saturday and having all the dog hair come out relatively quickly.

Background:
- Our two Whippets ride in all the cars. They are in the cars for the 3 hour treks from SF to Reno and back.
- The dogs and I go running on dirt trails several time a week then get in the cars with dusty paws and shoes.

The cars:
Three cars still needed cleaning and were qualified for the Driveway ShopVac challenge:
- 2007 BMW 650i - the primary summer driver, has at least 1,500 miles since the last cleaning. Looked kinda ghetto with dirty wheels and nasty carpets.
- 2006 MINI Cooper S - About 5 to 600 miles since the last cleaning, but it's my partner's commute car so not a lot of dog damage.
- 2012 MINI CM - Was just detailed a few weeks ago and has hardly been used since other than going to the airport and taking people around SF.

The rules of the challenge:
- Use the shop vac and various brushes and utensils.
- Time limit is two songs per car :grin:
- Impartial judging by my partner - the one who couldn't care less about cars... :confused::confused::confused:

Results:
Third Place: The CM. I used the full length of time (two songs). The back is still showing quite a lot of dog hair even after using all the utensils and despite having low dog miles on it since the last cleaning which was a full detail. My partner thought I did not even vacuum the package shelf or the back side of the rear seats. Really?? :no:

Second Place: The 06 MINI Cooper S. It would have tied for first, but it had the fewest dog miles on it. I had it done in one song. :thumbsup:

First Place: The 650i, hands down. The dust and dog hair cames off easily with one pass or two. I stopped before the end of the second song. During judging, my partner climbed in back and checked some of the nooks and crannies and they passed the test. :thumbsup:

Conclusion:
I'm a little sad that the CM lost, but I needed to have a little fun while cleaning the cars - so I did. While I don't expect the same level of carpet quality in the MINI as I do in a 6 series, my little impromptu shopvac driveway challenge confirms MINI really went cheap on the CM carpet. Even my impartial judge who doesn't care about cars thinks so therefore it must be true. :nod: It would be nice if we had the same grade as in the first gen new MINI's in our CM's. Pretty please Mr or Ms Bean Counter. ..

sn0wcrash 09-05-2012 11:17 AM

Spent the whole afternoon laughing at my new Eyeshade!!!
Also put on the ProClip Left Mount (A-Pillar) GPS mount (no pics yet)

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0/sunshade.png

dpike 09-06-2012 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by sn0wcrash (Post 3584523)
Spent the whole afternoon laughing at my new Eyeshade!!!
Also put on the ProClip Left Mount (A-Pillar) GPS mount (no pics yet)

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0/sunshade.png

love it, they look great. i ordered mine last week. the angry style looks great on the cm.

sbdubya 09-06-2012 09:57 AM

Tuesday Chaos went in for the coolant temperature sensor recall and a "weeping" sump pan gasket as pointed out by the local Mini mechanic who's performed 2 oil changes on him.
Well the recall went without a hitch but it took two days for the oil leak. Here's the write up from the receipt:
"Customer states there is an oil leak from the engine area. Check and report. Confirmed oil to be leaking from oil pump solenoid......"
Here's the Clff Notes version: Disconnected solenoid connector from engine harness-found it filled with oil "debris". Disconnected connector to DME and found it clear. Removed oil sump to access oil pump solenoid.Removed and replaced pump and seal. Secured with loctite. Removed intake piping and intake plenum to access engine harness. Removed and replaced engine harness...etc, etc.
So in the end the solenoid is no longer leaking, got a new engine wiring harness, fresh oil, road tested and all is good.
But the SA told my wife when she picked Chaos up that he is seeing a lot of these leaking solenoids. It might not be enough to leave spots on the ground yet (like mine) but it is something you should get checked when yours goes in for service.

SmithWerks 09-06-2012 10:09 AM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...59188025_n.jpg

mounted my 19" NM-E RS-14 wheels w/ 225/45 tires. Added the Vinyl Styles
'red 4's'

1bigpea 09-06-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by sbdubya (Post 3585060)
Tuesday Chaos went in for the coolant temperature sensor recall and a "weeping" sump pan gasket as pointed out by the local Mini mechanic who's performed 2 oil changes on him.
Well the recall went without a hitch but it took two days for the oil leak. Here's the write up from the receipt:
"Customer states there is an oil leak from the engine area. Check and report. Confirmed oil to be leaking from oil pump solenoid......"
Here's the Clff Notes version: Disconnected solenoid connector from engine harness-found it filled with oil "debris". Disconnected connector to DME and found it clear. Removed oil sump to access oil pump solenoid.Removed and replaced pump and seal. Secured with loctite. Removed intake piping and intake plenum to access engine harness. Removed and replaced engine harness...etc, etc.
So in the end the solenoid is no longer leaking, got a new engine wiring harness, fresh oil, road tested and all is good.
But the SA told my wife when she picked Chaos up that he is seeing a lot of these leaking solenoids. It might not be enough to leave spots on the ground yet (like mine) but it is something you should get checked when yours goes in for service.

Thanks for the detailed info. Do you or anyone here know where to look for the leaking solenoid, it's location?

Thanks in advance.

Yorkie 09-07-2012 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Added Union Jack flag mirror caps to the outside and a Mini Fini cup holder on the inside.

Dajadeturtle 09-08-2012 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok with out knowledge of the second tornado watch... attempted to do the beltline in black and de-badged Dread Red.... had to finish in the sweltering garage after getting caught in the monsoon...