R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:56 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Great!

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-19-2017, 03:57 AM
arubadave
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NM module, anthracite headlight and taillight rings, Megan Racing front tower strut. Next will probably be cool air intake and blacking out the door handles.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Replaced the windshield washer fluid bottle and repaired the bumper cover. What a pain that job was!

Old 12-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Helped my son put the Winter tires on. He was amazed that I take a screwdriver to all the embedded rocks in the treads, figured I was nuts for doing so as it will just fill up again.....

visual inspection found a nail in the tire, that is why I look them over before putting them back on and why I'm glad the tire shop isn't doing it.

We seem to be getting a lot of nails, etc. in our tires recently.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:52 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Helped my son put the Winter tires on. He was amazed that I take a screwdriver to all the embedded rocks in the treads, figured I was nuts for doing so as it will just fill up again.....

visual inspection found a nail in the tire, that is why I look them over before putting them back on and why I'm glad the tire shop isn't doing it.

We seem to be getting a lot of nails, etc. in our tires recently.
It’s the Nargels

Old 12-28-2017, 04:35 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Lucy is going in for new rear pads and rotors. Thank you maintenance plan, it will now have paid for itself just over 3X with two more years to go.

Dropping the 2005 Xterra off to the shop at the same time and then going cruising in whatever loaner Mini we get. The Xterra has 64K on it and this will be it's second dealer visit in 12 years. 1st was for a recall on the trailer harness and this time is so they can figure out why the passenger side turn signal does not work on my trailer (yes I rewired and put all new lights on the trailer - Then tested the plug on the Xterra - Hey all new LED's on the trailer). The Xterra is our deep snow and general Mini back-up car - also used to tow boat and trailer.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:15 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
Dropping the 2005 Xterra off to the shop at the same time and then going cruising in whatever loaner Mini we get. The Xterra has 64K on it and this will be it's second dealer visit in 12 years. 1st was for a recall on the trailer harness and this time is so they can figure out why the passenger side turn signal does not work on my trailer (yes I rewired and put all new lights on the trailer - Then tested the plug on the Xterra - Hey all new LED's on the trailer). The Xterra is our deep snow and general Mini back-up car - also used to tow boat and trailer.
Wow super low mileage lol. Did you guys do the trans cooler strawberry milkshake prevention fix?

Old 12-28-2017, 08:11 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Swapped out the headlights for a more updated look. The main light is still Halogen for now looking for good error free replacement LEDs that don’t cost a million dollars.

Never mind the bird poop. It’s way too cold to wash the car

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-480f9b6e-ccc9-40fc-8aeb-aaf1f65fd5d7.jpeg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-bb96d0d8-61ef-4d4d-b4d0-20a1a9d62cf4.jpeg  
Old 12-28-2017, 08:25 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Nice you got the Sonar ones. Make a huge improvement on the front end.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-28-2017, 03:48 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by iwashmycar
Wow super low mileage lol. Did you guys do the trans cooler strawberry milkshake prevention fix?
Since I have no clue what this is I will say no. Dealer suggested tans fluid and differential fluid changes since it is at 60K. I have had bad luck with transmission fluid changes I have had three done (by dealers) in cars/suvs in my life and all three failed shortly after the change. So my theory since then is why make it fail earlier.

I would be interested to know about the milkshake prevention.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:49 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MannyJimenez
Swapped out the headlights for a more updated look. The main light is still Halogen for now looking for good error free replacement LEDs that don’t cost a million dollars.
I like it, it's almost a sinister look.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:03 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
I like it, it's almost a sinister look.
Reminds me of one of those old school Kabuki Mask

Old 12-29-2017, 05:24 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Since I have no clue what this is I will say no. Dealer suggested tans fluid and differential fluid changes since it is at 60K. I have had bad luck with transmission fluid changes I have had three done (by dealers) in cars/suvs in my life and all three failed shortly after the change. So my theory since then is why make it fail earlier.

I would be interested to know about the milkshake prevention.
Its supposedly pretty common. The transmission cooler that is integrated into the main radiator fails and then contaminates the coolant with trans fluid and vice versa, ruining both the trans and the engine. Fix is to simply bypass the stock trans cooler with an aftermarket one.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/11-powe...t-threads.html

Old 12-29-2017, 06:30 AM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in West Michigan, 20 miles from Lake Michigan and we have been getting hammered w snow so I just added new winter wheels & tires

Firestone just released their Winterforce II's so I thought I'd try them. Only $90/ea and so far they are performing just as well as my Blizzaks did AND at almost half the price!
Not much road noise at all and much smoother than the run flats! lol

Instead of steel wheels, I paid $10 more each and got some Focal Alloy wheels from tire rack.

Loving the performance and the look so far!

Old 12-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Quintin Magill
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today was a slow day for me, but I had a little red vinyl laying around around from my racing stripe. So I decided to wrap my key! Now my key, racing stripe and my new centre caps match up nicely.

The following users liked this post:
BlakeC (12-30-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 02:08 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool!

Old 12-31-2017, 07:51 PM
minimontes
2nd Gear

I am contemplating the LED kits from ECSTuning- between $65 and $110 depending on watts, come with a error corrector too- dont know if they can tell us how hot the little box (resistor) gets, I want to mount min inside my housing if it can handle whatever heat it produces-

would love to see someone else try them first lol-

I am also wanting to see if anyones done their Dragon Laminate on their headlight too-

Maybe ECSTuning can post on here regarding this

Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 PM
minimontes
2nd Gear
help me decide

need some help deciding what color schematic to do on my scuttles

they are currently the graphite color- Im wanting to either do them in White with the honey comb section red, or in Red with the honeycomb White
as you can see- I have red mirror caps and red brake ducts and white roof and stripes, so its a matter of trying to match without making it obnoxious

tell me what you guys think

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img_2985.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img_2778.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img_2778-2-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 AM
minimontes
2nd Gear

how do you like those so far? was the wiring easy? are those the ones for like $425 from ECSTuning? do the projectors actually focus the light like they are supposed to (i ask because ive seen aftermarket projectors and HID kits that pretty much make the light disappear or focus it to a point that you can only see like a 2 foot radius)

lots of questions i know, just curious

Old 01-01-2018, 09:26 AM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minimontes
how do you like those so far? was the wiring easy? are those the ones for like $425 from ECSTuning? do the projectors actually focus the light like they are supposed to (i ask because ive seen aftermarket projectors and HID kits that pretty much make the light disappear or focus it to a point that you can only see like a 2 foot radius)

lots of questions i know, just curious
So far so good.

The main lights are plug and play with the factory connectors, but you need to piggyback off of your parking lights to get the plasma tube light going. It was not hard at all to wire the plasma tube using the supplied connectors.

The Projectors do focus the beam more to the front of you vs all over the place and they seems a bit brighter. You can adjust how far up/low or how far to the left/right you want the beam.

As for scuttle colors. Since your roof is white, I’d probably go white with the scuttles with the red mesh. If you ever do wheel blacked out would be cool, but white with a red line around the lip would tighten up that look

Old 01-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Flea77
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintin Magill

What are those and where can I get some?

Old 01-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Quintin Magill
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flea77
What are those and where can I get some?
Hey! These are a couple of things I call the angry eyes. It gives the front end a bit more aggressive look I think. All i did was buy some carbon fibre vinyl off of a local vinyl shop, mocked it up on the headlights, and pressed it on. It took a few tries to get it right but in the end I'm really happy with it.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:05 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minimontes
need some help deciding what color schematic to do on my scuttles

they are currently the graphite color- Im wanting to either do them in White with the honey comb section red, or in Red with the honeycomb White
as you can see- I have red mirror caps and red brake ducts and white roof and stripes, so its a matter of trying to match without making it obnoxious

tell me what you guys think
I’d go white..

Old 01-02-2018, 12:07 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Quintin Magill
Hey! These are a couple of things I call the angry eyes. It gives the front end a bit more aggressive look I think. All i did was buy some carbon fibre vinyl off of a local vinyl shop, mocked it up on the headlights, and pressed it on. It took a few tries to get it right but in the end I'm really happy with it.

Looks great Quintin!

Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM
minimontes
2nd Gear
So- I tried red first, I think Im going to do as suggested and have them hydro-dipped white with red inside. surprised I cant find the inset in red anywhere, can find all other colors, just not red.......
doing the engine cover in blue to match the car
next will be the gloss black interior pieces to match the blue as well.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img_2998.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img_3001.jpg  

Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?