R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by MannyJimenez
I added the JB+ ✅
I (Finally) changed the stock front lower lip to the JCW Front Lip (Thanks ECS Tuning) ✅
I swapped out the regular brake lines for the Stainless Steel Brake Lines (from ECS Tuning) ✅
I gave it a wash and wax ��

You are welcome. Looks great Juts that lower lip improves the whole front end.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-18-2017, 09:13 AM
808keith
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I added the JB+ ✅
I (Finally) changed the stock front lower lip to the JCW Front Lip (Thanks ECS Tuning) ✅
I swapped out the regular brake lines for the Stainless Steel Brake Lines (from ECS Tuning) ✅
I gave it a wash and wax 🔥
Looks good man! That JCW lip spoiler totally changes the look of the countryman. I have the JB+ as well as a place holder until I have the parts ready for the Manic Stage2... Just need an intercooler now.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:39 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
You are welcome. Looks great Juts that lower lip improves the whole front end.
Originally Posted by 808keith
Looks good man! That JCW lip spoiler totally changes the look of the countryman. I have the JB+ as well as a place holder until I have the parts ready for the Manic Stage2... Just need an intercooler now.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:46 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Rally
There should've been a little gain in low end response since its a lot smoother now, but with the stock tune it may not feel like much. Definitely not going to gain power from this mod. The major difference with this is when you tune your engine and raise your boost, response tends to be much much better.
No doubt. I was just hoping for a liiiiiiiitle bit of ANY turbo noises lol. Nothing on this car. Its a All4 automatic so I certainly don't expect anything

Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 PM
808keith
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Some things are starting to pile up

Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by Sall4Ken
I actually went through ECS it looks like they offer the same price point its possible it has MAP (minimum advertised price) so vendors generally have the same price. ECS offered free shipping on the competition not sure that wagner does...

Do you have a full on front shot? I think i like it but need to see more. I think it would look good with my red and black but i would need to black out the chrome rings.
Thanks for the order.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-25-2017, 08:48 PM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Deleted and started over

Last edited by CosmicBlue15; 04-25-2017 at 09:02 PM. Reason: changing image
Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 PM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
I turned off a highway onto a gravel road which turned into a grass path. I was going back to see that old steel bridge. Yes, I still need to wax the car to get rid of the shadows of the red stripes I removed in March. I traded a Toyota FJ for this countryman and love the car.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Congrats on the new CM, black is a hard car to get the swirl marks out of.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 PM
CosmicBlue15
2nd Gear
Congrats on the new CM, black is a hard car to get the swirl marks out of.
The trunk is the only place I have seen the stripes shadow, when the sun hits it right. On the hood and doors you would never know it had red stripes. I remember thinking before I removed them the worse case would be buying new stripes and putting them back on. The ones on the hood needed replaced anyway.

Right now I like the black look but may go back to stripes sometime.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:24 PM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked up a 2012 CMS All4 w only 10k miles on it!
This is my first mini. I've always wanted a mini. I've been looking at them and saw this deal and had to jump on it. I wanted a 2 door but I had to go with a CM due to the bear/dog I have (135lb American Akita). I am liking the CM more and more though. The ground clearance and size is definitely a plus!

Anyway, I have had it for 3 weeks now and just got the stripes done.

Window tint is scheduled for this Friday. Going with 65% on the front doors, 5% for the back doors, 25% or 50% for the hatch glass, and a 4" 25% stripe across the windshield.

just ordered upgraded front cupholders

decided to go with a checkered flag theme bc I don't think much else will go with "light coffee". I just ordered checkered flag lower steering wheel piece, checkered paddle shifter "buttons," and the "S" start button

It has silver/gray around the dash vents and the "mickey mouse." I want to do these dash pieces in black but just the center accent piece is $300+ from mini! Might just have them painted instead.

I was kind of annoyed that it already had that ugly front plate holder on it. The holes are already there, so I will probably get some sort of mini vanity plate.

Also not a fan of the chrome. Still contemplating blacking it all out, including the black inserts for the headlights.

I'm excited to make this mini mine! $$$$$$$!

Ignore the pollen all over the hood. Spring in West Michigan is crazy!

Old 05-03-2017, 04:29 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BlakeC
Just picked up a 2012 CMS All4 w only 10k miles on it!
This is my first mini. I've always wanted a mini. I've been looking at them and saw this deal and had to jump on it. I wanted a 2 door but I had to go with a CM due to the bear/dog I have (135lb American Akita). I am liking the CM more and more though. The ground clearance and size is definitely a plus!

Anyway, I have had it for 3 weeks now and just got the stripes done.

Window tint is scheduled for this Friday. Going with 65% on the front doors, 5% for the back doors, 25% or 50% for the hatch glass, and a 4" 25% stripe across the windshield.

just ordered upgraded front cupholders

decided to go with a checkered flag theme bc I don't think much else will go with "light coffee". I just ordered checkered flag lower steering wheel piece, checkered paddle shifter "buttons," and the "S" start button

It has silver/gray around the dash vents and the "mickey mouse." I want to do these dash pieces in black but just the center accent piece is $300+ from mini! Might just have them painted instead.

I was kind of annoyed that it already had that ugly front plate holder on it. The holes are already there, so I will probably get some sort of mini vanity plate.

Also not a fan of the chrome. Still contemplating blacking it all out, including the black inserts for the headlights.

I'm excited to make this mini mine! $$$$$$$!

Ignore the pollen all over the hood. Spring in West Michigan is crazy!

Loving the chocolate color. The cup holders was also the First thing I change

Also, ECS and Mini Parts have the black out light rings pretty inexpensive

The following users liked this post:
BlakeC (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2017, 05:07 PM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Loving the chocolate color. The cup holders was also the First thing I change

Also, ECS and Mini Parts have the black out light rings pretty inexpensive
Pretty much every vehicle i've owned has been some sort of brown, so i figured id stick w it! 😁

Old 05-07-2017, 02:51 PM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally got everything together. Hadn't posted pics before because everything was kind of being done at the same time. Just washed/waxed her up and took a couple pics.

KW V3 Coilovers
Hotchkis rear control arms
Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips
Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rings
ECS Black Line Tail Lights
Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers
Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals
Joey Mod Head lights
Outmotoring LED Driving Lights
Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels
Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

The hood isn't really debadged. The emblem is off right now, but I used a bit of photoshop to cover up the holes for the sake of the picture. lol. I'm going to order a new hood emblem soon.

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-lweqhk6.jpg

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-89zldxb.jpg

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-qnopm8q.jpg

Last edited by HasAnMTBProblem; 05-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:26 AM
potxoli
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks fantastic!! Great job. I'm really digging the wheels. Tirerack only seems to have the T6S in Silver. Where did you get the bronze color?

Old 05-08-2017, 05:36 AM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Got the tint done a few days ago. Also washed and waxed since the last photos... much better without a coating of pollen!
I ended up going with 5% on the rear side windows, 15% on the rear hatch window, 15% on the stripe across the windshield, and 50% on the front side windows. The cops are pretty bad around here and made us remove the tint on my wife's focus bc her front windows were too dark, so I thought I'd play it safe. Still like it MUCH better than no tint!

Last edited by BlakeC; 05-08-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:43 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by potxoli
Looks fantastic!! Great job. I'm really digging the wheels. Tirerack only seems to have the T6S in Silver. Where did you get the bronze color?
Thanks! Yeah, they only come in silver (and gold in a select few bolt patterns.) They used to come in flat black, but that has been discontinued.

The color is a custom job. I was shooting for the Volk bronze color. They turned out quite a bit darker, but I think I like it even more.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:47 AM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by HasAnMTBProblem
Finally got everything together. Hadn't posted pics before because everything was kind of being done at the same time. Just washed/waxed her up and took a couple pics.

KW V3 Coilovers
Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights
Joey Mod Head lights

The hood isn't really debadged. The emblem is off right now, but I used a bit of photoshop to cover up the holes for the sake of the picture. lol. I'm going to order a new hood emblem soon.

I like the headlights and taillights. The biggest thing i dont like on mine is the bright red taillights. I will most likely go with the ECS lights too. only had mine for a month tho so one thing at a time!

Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 AM
4mymalamute
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got around to installing the Crap Industries 2 inch lift on my 2012 CM All4. The fronts are done (its pretty darn cool looking) and the rears with sway bar will be put on this week. 20mm spacers all around bring out the wheels a bit as well. Will post pics once all done.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Crazy Airborne
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KW V3 Coilovers
Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights
Joey Mod Head lights

First Ive heard of these Black Line Tail Lights, do you happen to have a pic of them compared to the stock ones? The pics on ECS dont really make it look much different, are they noticiably darker? seems pretty pricey otherwise.

for $300 id probably get something like this https://www.waymotorworks.com/led-ta...ryman-r60.html

Old 05-08-2017, 08:57 AM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Crazy Airborne
First Ive heard of these Black Line Tail Lights, do you happen to have a pic of them compared to the stock ones? The pics on ECS dont really make it look much different, are they noticiably darker? seems pretty pricey otherwise.

for $300 id probably get something like this https://www.waymotorworks.com/led-ta...ryman-r60.html
photos or video of those in action? I didn't find anything googling them.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:00 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
They are here and are dark vs stock. Also, they come with the outside rings in black. Maybe those pics will help.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...and-rings.html

Old 05-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Crazy Airborne
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are here and are dark vs stock. Also, they come with the outside rings in black. Maybe those pics will help.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...and-rings.html
Thanks,

Id love to see a side by side comparison.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:56 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Crazy Airborne

I don't like the "Euro" LED tail lights. It doesn't suit the body style, IMO. The difference in color is pretty great. I'll try to post up some before pics tonight.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18 ...

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LweQHk6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/89zLDXb.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/qNOPm8Q.jpg[IMG]
Any Rubbing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?