North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015-355/)
-   -   R60 Need Help Programming Computer (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015/231238-need-help-programming-computer.html)

CalabasasCountryman 06-03-2012 03:13 PM

Need Help Programming Computer

Hello everyone. I just installed a new lower switch module in the center instrument stack that contains the button to enable the rear fog light; however, the light will only come on if the car' computer is programmed to do so. Does anyone know someone with the cable/laptop/program in the L.A. area that could help me out?
Thanks
Barry

Mojito 06-03-2012 03:18 PM

Your best bet is to look in this thread for someone with the tools and knowhow

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r60-guide.html

inh 06-03-2012 07:58 PM

Where didja get the switch module!?!? I have the coding tools but no switch :(

CalabasasCountryman 06-03-2012 09:58 PM

I ordered it from Sewell Mini in Texas for under $200.

Koopah 06-04-2012 05:37 AM

Barry,

Mojito's link is great for following the progress of programming adventures on the R60. You might also want to read through the NCS Expert Directory link on the Gen 2 Electrical forum for folks who are listing their availability for NCS Programming.

HTH,

printingray 06-04-2012 09:29 AM

One of the menu in MINI Connected is Vehicle Info. It provides On-board info, Trip computer, and Vehicle status. On-board info lists travel range with current fuel level, average fuel consumption (MPG), and average speed. Trip computer lists departure time, trip duration, distance traveled, fuel consumption (MPG) and average speed for the trip. Vehicles status gives you visual notification of engine oil level, front and rear brake pads, front and rear tire pressure status, vehicle check (engine check?) and brake fluid level. Trip information can also be found in trip computer in tachometer information screen.

CalabasasCountryman 06-04-2012 09:58 AM

Thanks "printingray". Not sure why you think that would be of help to a guy looking to program the car to activate a rear fog light....

printingray 06-04-2012 10:56 AM

Whats about the multipurpose vehicle intelligent programming systems, wireless keyboards and touch pad back light, made in china and offering cheap rates.

Mojito 06-04-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by printingray (Post 3524160)
Whats about the multipurpose vehicle intelligent programming systems, wireless keyboards and touch pad back light, made in china and offering cheap rates.

The products and procedure he needs has been posted, he just needs someone with the products and know how to do it :popcorn:

CalabasasCountryman 06-04-2012 11:04 AM

Exactly Mojito. I need someone in L.A. to program the car. I also want to change the opening settings on the moonroof and override the vehicle in motion video override as well.

bmwr606 06-04-2012 11:36 PM

where is the rear fog light on a countryman? i thought i read on here that there was none?

scott

Koopah 06-05-2012 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by CalabasasCountryman (Post 3524165)
Exactly Mojito. I need someone in L.A. to program the car. I also want to change the opening settings on the moonroof and override the vehicle in motion video override as well.

Did you check the NCS Expert Directory referred to in my last post?

hyde76 06-07-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by CalabasasCountryman (Post 3524165)

I can help you if

1 - you want to come down to North Orange County. That's where I am. and..
2 - You know which code needs changing to enable your rear fog light which none of us know where it is.

I have a cable and a working laptop. Coded my own car. I cannot help with the video in motion however. That's more than uber complicated and I won't even attempt it. Everything else though is pretty straightforward.

Mojito 06-07-2012 03:46 PM

I was playing with the configurator for the roadster or coupe, and theres a $100 option for the rear fog light.