R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and I found this one http://www.sailwx.info/index.html that is supposed to work between Europe and the East Coast

Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Well the reason I ordered from them vs the one in my city is that they met the USAA car buying price so that I wouldn't have to go all the way to Baltimore. (I live in Richmond) The Richmond Mini had a terrible guy and I refused to order from him, so my only option was Passport Mini of Alexandria. He told me end of January and it was 6-8 weeks at that time and now he's changed his tune to 8-12. If it weren't for the great price with all the options I WOULD have cancelled, but Richmond Mini can't meet the price that they offered me. Ugh, I'm calling today and praying I'm on K Line with Rupert.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
And 9 weeks isn't SO bad considering I ordered from them in 2003 and it was 3 months then!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
And if I cancel, I lose my deposit, it was non refundable.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jenben04
Well the reason I ordered from them vs the one in my city is that they met the USAA car buying price so that I wouldn't have to go all the way to Baltimore. (I live in Richmond) The Richmond Mini had a terrible guy and I refused to order from him, so my only option was Passport Mini of Alexandria. He told me end of January and it was 6-8 weeks at that time and now he's changed his tune to 8-12. If it weren't for the great price with all the options I WOULD have cancelled, but Richmond Mini can't meet the price that they offered me. Ugh, I'm calling today and praying I'm on K Line with Rupert.
I'll be praying he's with Rupert too!!! Your MiniPerson should be able to see where he is! Does your car have a name? It does sound like they didn't really a have their stuff together! That sux!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
My car doesn't have a name yet, I have several picked out but want to wait until I see him and drive him a bit before he is named. I just called the manager and he was very apologetic and told me that mine is still waiting for a boat along with 8 other ones to MPA. He told me to call back Monday and he was going to try and make a call. I highly doubt that will help! UGH.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
My car doesn't have a name yet, I have several picked out but want to wait until I see him and drive him a bit before he is named. I just called the manager and he was very apologetic and told me that mine is still waiting for a boat along with 8 other ones to MPA. He told me to call back Monday and he was going to try and make a call. I highly doubt that will help! UGH.
How frustrating! Good luck! Sounds like you got a great price deal though!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Just got a text from my super deluxe awesome MiniPerson!! RUPERT'S ON A BOAT!!!! I take back my whole dumb pity party!! And he is being shipped K-line! Crazy!!! I'm going to research it now! I'll let you know if I find anything!!!
Congrats! I guess you have to change the ship on your signature now

Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
I hope my mini is with yours I ordered on the 24th and we've been on the same production etc so far... my ask mini status says its at the port awaiting a ship... I'm crossing my fingers that its just delayed to get updated...

I figured it would be on the WW ship Toronto that left the port yesterday if I was lucky. I sent my MA an email asking if it made the 2/2 ship but haven't heard and the ask mini people say that sales takes over the tracking process once its at the port... so no news for me

But I hope my car is keeping Rupert company too! I'm picking up in NJ.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Just got a text from my super deluxe awesome MiniPerson!! RUPERT'S ON A BOAT!!!! I take back my whole dumb pity party!! And he is being shipped K-line! Crazy!!! I'm going to research it now! I'll let you know if I find anything!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Man that Stinks!!! I'm sorry! Well I'll be praying for a boat for him soon!!

I know what you're saying about the name! I have a few others but Rupert just stuck so far because I'm obsessing and needed to put something there! We'll see if it really fits when I get him!

Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 PM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Man that Stinks!!! I'm sorry! Well I'll be praying for a boat for him soon!!

I know what you're saying about the name! I have a few others but Rupert just stuck so far because I'm obsessing and needed to put something there! We'll see if it really fits when I get him!
Thanks, I just know I will be so happy when I get him. I adored my first one and I've regretted trading him in for the past four years almost every single day. I am so happy to be back in the Mini family that any wait is ok. I've waited since August to order and moved my ordering date from January to November, so... I've waited THIS long, I can withstand an extra few weeks.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
rdez79
2nd Gear
Jenben, I think sometimes with the pricing deals like USAA, truecar, or costco the dealer bumps you to a slot becuase you are a sure thing.

I went truecar and the dealer flat out told me I have one slot for this month, but I am going to hold it open if somebody wants to pay more for a car they get it before you. After that I switched dealerships and I'm getting the car a good three weeks earlier at the new dealer.

Ship Tracking: marinetraffic.com is good. if you know the name of your ship its really good, you lose it out range of the mainland.

11/23 – order - MA
12/01 – VIR - MA
12/05 - Prod. #/ On order - MA/ASKMINI
12/09 - Sched. for production (112) - MA Email
12/16 - Vin#/ production started (150) - MA Email

12/20 – estimate completion- 01/09 - ASKMINI
12/21 – Entry in Body shop/ Assign Serial # (151) - MA Email
12/22 – In the Paint Shop (152) - ASKMINI

factory shut down 12 days for holiday

01/09 – Production Complete (155) - MA Email/ ASKMINI
01/10 – Awaiting Release to Carrier (?) - ASKMINI
01/11 – Dispatched from AG (190) - MA Email
01/13 – Arrived at Port of Exit(193) AskMINI
01/19 – Showed up on ship Tortugas Manifest due in NY 02/01
01/31 – now due in NY 02/02
02/02 – Discharged from ship WWL track and trace
02/03 - At VPC, MA says 2-3 bus. days and he will have it!!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984
Congrats! I guess you have to change the ship on your signature now
All over it!!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rdez79
Jenben, I think sometimes with the pricing deals like USAA, truecar, or costco the dealer bumps you to a slot becuase you are a sure thing.

I went truecar and the dealer flat out told me I have one slot for this month, but I am going to hold it open if somebody wants to pay more for a car they get it before you. After that I switched dealerships and I'm getting the car a good three weeks earlier at the new dealer.

Ship Tracking: marinetraffic.com is good. if you know the name of your ship its really good, you lose it out range of the mainland.

11/23 – order - MA
12/01 – VIR - MA

That makes so much sense. Good deal for the later slots. Well bummer. I would rather have more money in the end and wait a few more weeks. Thanks so much for that information, you really made me feel better about the timeline (I thought I was getting short changed, but this makes so much sense!). Yay for you!

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by quirkyesther
So strange, I just spoke with someone at ASK-MINI and they said that my vehicle is in production, but that they don't have an estimated completion date and that they don't provide one :(
I don't know if your question has been answered yet or not, but I got my estimate date from the Ask Mini automated voice. When I talked to an actual person, she had no idea. Which is just kind of odd.
You might have better luck asking your MA.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 AM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
Rupert's not on a boat!!!!!
Oh no what happened!? Was your MA misinformed about the boat? Are they certain!? Boo that sucks. I just heard from my MA that I made the Toronto, and it should be there a few days later, but I feel your pain I was starting to mentally make the contingency plan if I would have to wait another week.

Now I need to figure out if I can move a big work presentation up or back a day! I'm going to be in NY that weekend but I don't want to park it there! I want it in a protective new car bubble!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:15 AM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ZeeMini

Oh no what happened!? Was your MA misinformed about the boat? Are they certain!? Boo that sucks. I just heard from my MA that I made the Toronto, and it should be there a few days later, but I feel your pain I was starting to mentally make the contingency plan if I would have to wait another week.

Now I need to figure out if I can move a big work presentation up or back a day! I'm going to be in NY that weekend but I don't want to park it there! I want it in a protective new car bubble!
Can you track your VIN on WW site? If not, that means their site is not up to date, so there is still hope that many of us are on that boat. What is last five number of your VIN if you don't mind?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 AM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
That is awesome that your wait is almost over! I did truecar too and the dealership near me said they would delay my order to march based on their allocation. Then he said nope I'm just not selling at a discount, I could maybe throw in some accessories..

So I ended up ordering in NJ via phone fax email. I'll fill you in on the end result around Feb 17/18, but even being a nervous nelly about this with my MA, so far, I feel its been the right decision. And because they are a higher volume dealership I didn't get bumped to March!

Originally Posted by rdez79

11/23 – order - MA
12/01 – VIR - MA

Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ZeeMini
That is awesome that your wait is almost over! I did truecar too and the dealership near me said they would delay my order to march based on their allocation. Then he said nope I'm just not selling at a discount, I could maybe throw in some accessories..

So I ended up ordering in NJ via phone fax email. I'll fill you in on the end result around Feb 17/18, but even being a nervous nelly about this with my MA, so far, I feel its been the right decision. And because they are a higher volume dealership I didn't get bumped to March!
Your ordeal sounds a bit like mine. We went through Costco and none of the dealers in Houston were even willing to get anywhere near it, so we ended up ordering the same way, phone/fax/email, through Sewell Mini of Plano.
We saved $2300 going through Costco. And got mud flaps thrown in.
I think I'm in love with our MA!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
At the rate that my Mini is moving across the pond, I am thinking of naming it Barnacle since it's stuck to the dang dock! I was leaning towards MiCoCo (my first Mini was named Mico) or Micodeux, but Barnacle is growing on me. My other name was Bloaty (a bloated Mini). Just going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Oh and I found this one http://www.sailwx.info/index.html that is supposed to work between Europe and the East Coast
looks like the toronto is clearing the strait of dover..

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=6840

Old 02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
We had a bad experience with mini of Alexandria - so we shopped at another dealer. They were *super pushy and rude. Hope they were good to you though.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by beauxgoris
We had a bad experience with mini of Alexandria - so we shopped at another dealer. They were *super pushy and rude. Hope they were good to you though.
They were wonderful. My guy was so good while waiting for me to decide (4 months) and was all around a great guy. He was neither pushy nor rude! The man I dealt with at Crown Mini of Richmond was both pushy and rude which is why I went to Mini of Alexandria in the first place. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience at Alexandria!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
They were wonderful. My guy was so good while waiting for me to decide (4 months) and was all around a great guy. He was neither pushy nor rude! The man I dealt with at Crown Mini of Richmond was both pushy and rude which is why I went to Mini of Alexandria in the first place. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience at Alexandria!
That's okay - we found another much nicer sales person/dealership. Hope our mini doesn't take too long to be made! We're guessing early April.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Cotnballs2000
2nd Gear
My CM left the VDC, probably be at dealer next week!

11/23 Order
12/19 Completed
12/30 Left Port
1/28 Arrived at VDC
2/3 Left VDC

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!