R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Cotnballs2000
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
I wouldn't be able to wait again! If I get another mini I'm finding one in the states already!!! if I had to wait another 2 months I think I'd loose my mind!!! I've already almost lost it during this wait!!! Patience and I, well we just don't see eye to eye!!!

What are you worried about not liking?!
2 months, its been two months yesterday for me and the ship is not even to Cali yet (docks 28th). I have another two weeks after that before it even gets to the dealer so it will be close to 3 months total wait for me. We ordered a auto and now we are thinking we want a manual.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 PM
fupaking
2nd Gear
Just wanted to post that I picked up my 2012 CMS4 Saturday.
It actually arrived Jan 2nd, but I was out of town, and missed the $750 Motortober.
My MA tried to resubmit it to Mini but they wouldn't give in.

I also tried to argue to the $250 FLF option, as I found out they didn't make everyone pay for it, unless they specifically ordered it. I was a bit pissed off about that fact, but
they wouldn't budge since I had asked for it.

The only additional coverage I took was tire/wheels, as I was told (and it is indeed written on the contract), you can only take this option on delivery day. However, it's
fully cancellable in California for 60 days, and prorated after if you cancel.

Thoughts on this coverage?

also, I'll post pics soon.

Last edited by fupaking; 01-24-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fupaking

The only additional coverage I took was tire/wheels, as I was told (and it is indeed written on the contract), you can only take this option on delivery day. However, it's
fully cancellable in California for 60 days, and prorated after if you cancel.

Thoughts on this coverage?

also, I'll post pics soon.
How much and how long is this coverage? I haven't had a flat in 10 years, so unless it is very inexpensive, I don't see it paying off.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniCloud9
Yup! Still waiting...I called my MA yesterday and still no update as to which vessel it will be on.
Hope our west coast cars bound for Pt Hueneme make the Platinum Ray (WW) on 28 Jan.
If not there is
Georgia Highway (K Line) leaving 29 Jan.
Fedora (WW) leaving 6 Feb. (bummer...)

Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
Ha! It appears our week 3-2012 born Minis are all hanging around the docks in Bremerhaven waiting for their ocean cruises! Hope they stay out of trouble...
Trouble Schmouble!!! Hahaha!!

Hopefully we'll know tomorrow who made it on the 1/24 boat since I think the WW tracking site is at least a day behind.... Sheesh!! DON'T THEY KNOW WE ARE TRACKING THEM?!?!?! Ahhhhhhh Hahaha!!!

Ugh I really am loosing it!!

I told my MiniPerson that I'm going through the 5 stages of grief while waiting for Rupert! Last week I was on bargaining.... lets see what this week brings!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Your sig. picture made my day!!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
fupaking
2nd Gear
I made a mistake, I meant CMS4 for the model acronym (assuming that is correct, I got
a Countryman S All 4)

Anyways, the coverage is for 5 years, and covers alll wheels and tires as long as they are in some sort of "approved" list by Mini - I have no idea where to find this list. Not ust the originals, but any others you put on your car. Technically, my tires could meet some sort of demise before they have to 2/32-3/32 tread.

The worry is that the run-flats are unpatchable (this is what I have been told at least),
and aside from living in the city, I will take car several times a year in the snow/ice to Tahoe.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Your sig. picture made my day!!
Thanks!! I've been trying to be "constructive" with my time instead of continuing to read all the horror stories and psych myself out Haha!! I can't wait until Rupert comes and I can get a good picture of him to Cooperation(sp?) so he can make me a real shnazzy one with a cute minion! Well at least I hope he will!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
I think my Mini will be on the same boat as yours! Have you heard anything? I figured it would make either the Queen Sapphire or Toronto (I know its probably wishful thinking that it will make the QS)...

I contact my MA 1X per week (usually on a fri) and he acts like I'm being overanxious...

Hopefully we'll know tomorrow who made it on the 1/24 boat since I think the WW tracking site is at least a day behind.... Sheesh!! DON'T THEY KNOW WE ARE TRACKING THEM?!?!?! Ahhhhhhh Hahaha!!!

Ugh I really am loosing it!!

I told my MiniPerson that I'm going through the 5 stages of grief while waiting for Rupert! Last week I was on bargaining.... lets see what this week brings!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:44 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ZeeMini
I think my Mini will be on the same boat as yours! Have you heard anything? I figured it would make either the Queen Sapphire or Toronto (I know its probably wishful thinking that it will make the QS)...

I contact my MA 1X per week (usually on a fri) and he acts like I'm being overanxious...
Nothing yet! Still no cargo info for the QS on the WW website. I'm hoping once I get the cargo list I'll be able to compare those numbers to mine and see how far out we are! I would love to look at that list and see Rupert, but since he was finished on the 23rd and the boat left on the 24th I just don't think that's enough time.

My MiniPerson should text me tomorrow if she's at work and if there are any changes. I really am lucky to have a good MiniPerson! There are a lot of people on here who can't say the same! But your MiniPerson should feel lucky not to have me, because I can say once a week is definitely not overanxious! He'd be lucky if I didn't contact him twice a day!!! I am giving you kudos on having the self restraint of only once a week check in!

Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
2927; Tarragon is the seventh car ahead of yours on the production line!
Looks like we all might be on the The next boat!!! The highest last ViN I saw was 2928 and I saw 2926, but I didn't see yours :/! Did you find out if you are on a boat yet?!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Ordered my CM4 on 1/14 and it just went into production today!!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:13 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
I ordered on 1/21 and she's scheduled for production but I still don't have a date.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 AM
miniCloud9
1st Gear
Hope our west coast cars bound for Pt Hueneme make the Platinum Ray (WW) on 28 Jan.
If not there is
Georgia Highway (K Line) leaving 29 Jan.
Fedora (WW) leaving 6 Feb. (bummer...)
Thanks!!! That makes me feel a little better...Fingers crossed for 28 Jan or 29 Jan.
Wondering what our minis are up to...are they sitting in the cold or covered...
I'm sure they are keeping each other company

Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
I spoke to an ASK-MINI rep today. Mr. T finished assembly yesterday 1/24, and is awaiting transport to the port. So it doesn't seem he made it on the Queen Sapphire unfortunately, and hopefully will be on the Toronto.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 PM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
Nothing yet! Still no cargo info for the QS on the WW website. I'm hoping once I get the cargo list I'll be able to compare those numbers to mine and see how far out we are! I would love to look at that list and see Rupert, but since he was finished on the 23rd and the boat left on the 24th I just don't think that's enough time.

My MiniPerson should text me tomorrow if she's at work and if there are any changes. I really am lucky to have a good MiniPerson! There are a lot of people on here who can't say the same! But your MiniPerson should feel lucky not to have me, because I can say once a week is definitely not overanxious! He'd be lucky if I didn't contact him twice a day!!! I am giving you kudos on having the self restraint of only once a week check in!
Ha, I've already downloaded the user manual PDF and been reading about all the features. Talk about OCD.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Ha, I've already downloaded the user manual PDF and been reading about all the features. Talk about OCD.
I downloaded the user manual the same weekend I ordered the car...
OCD?! Never.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
I downloaded the user manual the same weekend I ordered the car...
OCD?! Never.
Haha!! Yes I've got the CDO (Compulsive Disorder Obsessive because I had to put them in Alphabetical order) bug too!!! Hahaha!!

This is an insert from one of my original posts so the numbers might be even more now
Like any good Mini Parent I tried to kill time doing research so I would be ready for my Mini responsibility… So I signed up to the OL and have been watching it like a hawk. Well maybe like watching for water to boil because it never changes. I have the apps downloaded and set up as much as can be without the car. I have read the official and unofficial owners manuals all the way through (the official one twice). I have read many blogs and watched countless YouTube videos. I have been through all the extras on both the mini and owners lounge websites. Not only do I know how to adjust the seats and roll up the window, I now know that corner breaking assist is good in winter driving so I won't be indebted to a moose! I even found a list of all the voice commands and made a small in car/purse size one to bring with until I learn them all!

I'm just flat out crazy I guess!!! Haha! But at least we are in good company here!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Haha!! Yes I've got the CDO (Compulsive Disorder Obsessive because I had to put them in Alphabetical order) bug too!!! Hahaha!!

This is an insert from one of my original posts so the numbers might be even more now
Like any good Mini Parent I tried to kill time doing research so I would be ready for my Mini responsibility… So I signed up to the OL and have been watching it like a hawk. Well maybe like watching for water to boil because it never changes. I have the apps downloaded and set up as much as can be without the car. I have read the official and unofficial owners manuals all the way through (the official one twice). I have read many blogs and watched countless YouTube videos. I have been through all the extras on both the mini and owners lounge websites. Not only do I know how to adjust the seats and roll up the window, I now know that corner breaking assist is good in winter driving so I won't be indebted to a moose! I even found a list of all the voice commands and made a small in car/purse size one to bring with until I learn them all!

I'm just flat out crazy I guess!!! Haha! But at least we are in good company here!
Love the CDO!!

I need to print the OM so I can really read it. Study it, you know? lol

I know what you mean, I've been watching videos and reading everything here on NAM. I'm almost afraid that I'm going to miss something or not know something. But as soon as I get the car, I'll be playing around with everything trying to learn it all. I can read the OM all day, but until I get a chance to play with it, nothin.

This wait is driving me crazy!! And I only just ordered!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Love the CDO!!

I need to print the OM so I can really read it. Study it, you know? lol

I know what you mean, I've been watching videos and reading everything here on NAM. I'm almost afraid that I'm going to miss something or not know something. But as soon as I get the car, I'll be playing around with everything trying to learn it all. I can read the OM all day, but until I get a chance to play with it, nothin.

This wait is driving me crazy!! And I only just ordered!
I think I totally over researched now though! I was really freaking myself out for a bit and had to take a break from reading everything!

I definitely agree that until I get him, it's just doesn't have the full affect!!! I'm really excited about the connected but don't know what I will play with first! I'll probably be so excited I will just sit there! Haha!

It really is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything! It is so painful!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
I think I totally over researched now though! I was really freaking myself out for a bit and had to take a break from reading everything!

I definitely agree that until I get him, it's just doesn't have the full affect!!! I'm really excited about the connected but don't know what I will play with first! I'll probably be so excited I will just sit there! Haha!

It really is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything! It is so painful!
I've never ordered a car before so this is my first. My husband ordered his and suggested I order mine. I would have loved to drive my CMS to work this morning. Pouring down rain and just nasty outside.

And yeah, the day before we go pick her up, I'm sure I won't sleep!
When did you order yours?

Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
I've never ordered a car before so this is my first. My husband ordered his and suggested I order mine. I would have loved to drive my CMS to work this morning. Pouring down rain and just nasty outside.

And yeah, the day before we go pick her up, I'm sure I won't sleep!
When did you order yours?
Yeah I never thought of ordering a car as something I would be doing! Because I am so impatient I tried hard to find a car anywhere in the US that matched my wants and no luck had me ordering!

I think about getting him all the time and wish I had him already! Every time I get in my cold truck I say "soon I will be in Rupert with heated seats"! Haha!!

I ordered Rupert Dec 27th, he went into production on Jan 12th and finished production the 23rd. Now we are just waiting on a boat... Come on Boat!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:55 PM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear

wow thanks for the tip on the unofficial OM I didn't know about that one! One more thing for me to entertain myself with!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Dain
1st Gear
Okay update time! So my MINI left port on 1/24/12 sailing to the west coast! Not sure what vessel it's on yet...

This is going to take awhile...

Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Still no update on shipping for me... *sniff* I was so hoping that the QS would be our ride!

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!