R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 $250 Double Load Floor Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up $250 Double Load Floor Pictures

For those of you who wonder how this works, this might explain. I removed the package shelf to make it clearer.

Attached Thumbnails 0 Double Load Floor Pictures-load-1.jpg   0 Double Load Floor Pictures-load-2.jpg   0 Double Load Floor Pictures-load-3.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Last two pictures . . .

Attached Thumbnails 0 Double Load Floor Pictures-load-4.jpg   0 Double Load Floor Pictures-load-5.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
KiwiRob
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bugger after looking at your photos there is no way you could retrofit a flat boot floor to mine without gutting the boot, the shape is different, I don't have the tie down hooks, or anywhere you could rest the boot panel. This just makes me angry that MINI are charging 250 USD (a lot more in NOK) for something that sholuld be standard, BMW give you a free floor if you order a 1 series hatch and MINI give you one in a Clubman.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:53 AM
MINIFIDE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sealy, I've been wondering about this since I ordered it. Looks good, and I'm not stressing about it anymore.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for taking the pictures, Sealy. The weather sucks here and I didn't feel like taking them of mine.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
johnxyz
Neutral
Can someone explain this double load flat floor thing option - I don't understand what I am looking at in the photos. Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by johnxyz
Can someone explain this double load flat floor thing option - I don't understand what I am looking at in the photos. Thanks
the last picture shows it the best,you see how there is one panel over the cargo area and another covering the back of the seats?

Without the $250 flat load floor, you'd have one of those to choose what you covered, not both

Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
Sealy, is it all one unit or are there two pieces? I'm told it won't retrofit if not ordered from the factory, does that appear correct? Also, what does the boot cover rest on, or is the floor higher that the standard option when everything is folded toward the back?

Thanks,

Bill

Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Miniblue2
Sealy, is it all one unit or are there two pieces? I'm told it won't retrofit if not ordered from the factory, does that appear correct? Also, what does the boot cover rest on, or is the floor higher that the standard option when everything is folded toward the back?
Accessory floor is one piece, hinged in the middle so you can lift up the front for access. Bracket underneath on rear section holds it in place. If you look at the next-to-the-last pic (2nd post) - there are two long supports on the sides (with the female part of the bracket in the middle). Those support on the sides, there are also two shorter supports that you can't see - one on each side in the back (opening side). The front is semi-supported by opposite beveled edges on the floor against the wall of the well. Seems to be well supported all around. The whole thing fits snugly in the opening of the well, with the top side level with the floor that supports the standard equipment floor. There is no difference in appearance with or without, installed or not installed.

I would think that the whole thing could be added. It's independent of the standard floor and only requires four supports to be installed. However, I have no idea what it takes to add the supports.

Last edited by Sealy; 05-16-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: -
Old 05-16-2011, 01:54 PM
DeuceBigelow
2nd Gear
I could see getting that if you don't have a truck or other vehicle to put large items in.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:57 PM
manuelpl
1st Gear
I think I need one of these now.

Do you have any pics showing without it? IS it basically a big gap in the middle ?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
Sealy, thanks. I guess my three pieces will work just fine for me, except they don't stow neatly away. Just have to store the extra one in the garage.

We took the dog to Plano, Tx over the weekend and had the boot floor in and the other gizzmoe blocking the seats so the luggage was secure and put the dog bed on the folding piece I made to cover the folded down rear seats. Dog's first trip in the harness and she did well and seemed to like it. Bought from Orvis for $29.99.

Bill

Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
coldnorth
1st Gear
We were about to order a car but found one very close that was already in production. It came with the flat load floor as the only option not requested. Now that I see it I am happy. We also carry a dog around and this will be very useful. I plan on getting a pet net (http://www.thepetnetshop.com/) and some type of cargo liner. I would like a poochstyle liner but I am worried about the dog jumping to the front even with the raised center and the cost is high.

With this option I see no point in a bench seat unless you really need to squeeze a 3rd person in the back for short trips. The bucket seats are more comfortable.

Thanks for posting the pictures!
CN

Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by coldnorth
I plan on getting a pet net . . .
I'm looking for a net like this for my terriers. I'd like to find one with stainless net cables and maybe an electrical connection.

Attached Thumbnails 0 Double Load Floor Pictures-cargo-net.jpg  
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
On another note, your fourth pic reminded me -- I wish the jack wasn't so friggin huge! And why didn't they make it fit under the passenger seat like it did in my RDX?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Karrock
On another note, your fourth pic reminded me -- I wish the jack wasn't so friggin huge! And why didn't they make it fit under the passenger seat like it did in my RDX?
It's not a Acura, it's a MINI. And it's a friggin huge Countryman, so it needs a friggin huge jack.

Sealy - Who's not about to give up his sub woofer space to move the jack.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 AM
vrmoreno3
1st Gear
The only thing I don't like about the flat load floor is the seats don't lie flat.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
A couple of hooks, a piece of 3/4" webbing and a fastex buckle and you can have a flat floor.

There are loops on either side of the rear seats covered with a plastic cap which pops off with a flat blade screw driver. Hook onto these and push down on the seats and tighten up on the buckle. The seat wings compress quite a bit and the seats lay essentially flat. Run the strap over the head rest rods. I have done this many times and for weeks at a time. The seat wings haven't suffered and I have the beige leather.

Bill

Old 05-19-2011, 05:32 AM
vrmoreno3
1st Gear
Awesome, I will give that a try. Would love to be able to get my road bike inside without laying on its side.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Miniblue2
A couple of hooks, a piece of 3/4" webbing and a fastex buckle and you can have a flat floor...
+1

Old 05-19-2011, 06:29 PM
mini_z
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by manuelpl
I think I need one of these now.

Do you have any pics showing without it? IS it basically a big gap in the middle ?

Thanks
The first picture of the op's is the one we get in the CM. Guess the "double load floor " means u get two of these. The second fits below the first.

Mine is fine as is. I do carry lots of tools.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:46 AM
mjgood
2nd Gear
I really like the flat load floor, since I already have my CM, I decided to make my own....

3/4" particle board, vinyl backed carpet and 3M spray adhesive...

Attached Thumbnails 0 Double Load Floor Pictures-img_1406.jpg   0 Double Load Floor Pictures-img_1407.jpg  
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mjgood
I really like the flat load floor, since I already have my CM, I decided to make my own....

3/4" particle board, vinyl backed carpet and 3M spray adhesive...

Did you use a piano hinge in center? Also where did you find the carpet? Looks like almost a perfect match. Wouldn't mind making this for mine that I just picked up yesterday.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mjgood

Looks good - - - but how does it work with the standard load floor?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
mjgood
2nd Gear
I originally put a piano hinge but ended up taking it out, it wouldn't open all the way.. I just used the carpet as the hinge... the hinged part on the factory one appears to be that way.

I just studied how the factory one was made and duplicated it the best I could.

I used the factory floor as a template for mine so it fits in the same recess.. I won't be folding the factory part backwards, only forwards when I fold the seats down.

I got the carpet from partsexpress.com, it comes in black, dark grey and grey. my car has both dark grey and black colors, I decided to use black.

Make sure to use the vinyl backed carpet.

The following users liked this post:
808keith (08-06-2017)

Quick Reply: R60 $250 Double Load Floor Pictures