R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Ya'll gonna welcome me or what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya'll gonna welcome me or what?

Well, I signed the papers on the loaner countryman. I wanted white with a stick and got a blue automatic.

It was a demo unit and has 1800 miles on it now. (a little past where I would have changed my first oil change) but I like everything about the car.

They sold the car to me at $1000.00 profit. I don't even know what the numbers are because at a grand profit, it doesn't matter.

Between my shops doing so much of the dealership's work and them screwing up my cars, it worked out.

I'm trading the 18's in for some 17's and I'm painting the headlight,tailight and grill trim rings to match.

Other than that, I'm leaving it stock.

:D

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, when you crush an orange it turns blue? I'll have to remember that.

Congrats and welcome - pics are always expected. Happy motoring!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
futuremini
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leaving it stock? UH HUH!!!

Congrats my friend!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
congrats n welcome

Old 03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
ManMachine
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Well, I signed the papers on the loaner countryman. I wanted white with a stick and got a blue automatic.

It was a demo unit and has 1800 miles on it now. (a little past where I would have changed my first oil change) but I like everything about the car.

They sold the car to me at $1000.00 profit. I don't even know what the numbers are because at a grand profit, it doesn't matter.

Between my shops doing so much of the dealership's work and them screwing up my cars, it worked out.

I'm trading the 18's in for some 17's and I'm painting the headlight,tailight and grill trim rings to match.

Mark
You want a stick and settle for an automatic?

Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
morwen
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ManMachine
You want a stick and settle for an automatic?
Ha, I was thinking the same thing. I would never ever trade my stick for an automatic. Well, unless something catestrophic happened.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
mini on
4th Gear
congrats on the new ride

Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Achilless
4th Gear
Orangecrush is one of my favorite car enthusiast on NAM and has some a lot of impressive work on his cars, including his R56.

And Mark, you will never, never keep this stock!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
Congrats!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
futuremini
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AGREED!
to the first part........ and to the second part......
Originally Posted by Achilless
Orangecrush is one of my favorite car enthusiast on NAM and has some a lot of impressive work on his cars, including his R56.

And Mark, you will never, never keep this stock!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Thanks guys but I promised everyone that the only mod was painting the trim rings on the headlamps, taillights and grille with blacking out the belt moulding.

And an exhaust.

But that’s it...

Having said all that and I’m sure ya’ll gonna hate me but I signed all the papers today and have to sign the contract tomorrow.

Point is, I’m not 100% I’m gonna sign the papers. I love the car but the more I think about it, the more I think I only keep one mini right now. I have half a dozen cars between the shop and my house. Between bikes, UTV’s and cars, I don’t have time to drive what I have now.

Anyway, gonna sleep on it tonight and make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
sirbikes
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just curious why you are going to the 17s?

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
What?

Lol! We wanted a BRG Clubman, but went home with a Chili Red one. My wife and I at and looked at the two colors parked right next to one another and decided that the red one was the one we really wanted.

I have a bunch of cars too. They're like shoes, if you wear one pair all the time they'll wear out quicker! We've had our MINI ten months and are just coming up on 5000 miles. Heck, I have an '80 MGB that was almost new when I got it and it only has 83000 miles on it now!

Nothin' wrong with lotsa cars!

Dave

Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
wpb mini
5th Gear
uh . . . welcome. Haven't we seen you here before?

I envy your situation... being unable to decide if you should get another MINI or not! Let us know how you decide.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sirbikes
Just curious why you are going to the 17s?
I like that particular wheel style better than the ones on the car presently. Besides, I'm not tracking the car and 17's will give more sidewall and a softer ride.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DneprDave
What?

Lol! We wanted a BRG Clubman, but went home with a Chili Red one. My wife and I at and looked at the two colors parked right next to one another and decided that the red one was the one we really wanted.

I have a bunch of cars too. They're like shoes, if you wear one pair all the time they'll wear out quicker! We've had our MINI ten months and are just coming up on 5000 miles. Heck, I have an '80 MGB that was almost new when I got it and it only has 83000 miles on it now!

Nothin' wrong with lotsa cars!

Dave

Dave,

I appreciate the support...lol. If I buy this mini, it will be my 5th mini in 3-4 years. Oscar is paid for and it's not that I can't afford the countryman, I'm just not sure I need two minis sitting around.

I do roughly a dozen track days a year so not enough to justify turning Oscar into a track ****. Buying the countryman just to have a car around with 4 seats might not be my best move. I've got my H2 if I need to move the family around.

I tend to be too spontaneous sometimes so I'll think about it today and make a decision.

Mark

Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 AM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
"I'm leaving it stock." - Famous last words.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:58 AM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Congrats...

With Gas Prices going up, that's a great car for the wife to go around town in.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:00 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Regardless of what you do, I'll Welcome you to the CM forums!
We just got our Cosmic Blue CM last night and love it.
It's my husband's so I'm pretty sure it will be left stock, my new '11 MCS that is due next week, uhhm NO.
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Mat J Monk
4th Gear
Dave,

I appreciate the support...lol. If I buy this mini, it will be my 5th mini in 3-4 years. Oscar is paid for and it's not that I can't afford the countryman, I'm just not sure I need two minis sitting around.

I do roughly a dozen track days a year so not enough to justify turning Oscar into a track ****. Buying the countryman just to have a car around with 4 seats might not be my best move. I've got my H2 if I need to move the family around.

I tend to be too spontaneous sometimes so I'll think about it today and make a decision.

Mark
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!! Good luck.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Mavryk03
3rd Gear

Mark
I love cars like the next person. If I could, I would be like jay leno mins the chin . Personaly i would not buy a demo car you dont know how its been driven and you know it's been driven hard everytime it was taken out, I drove a auto the other day and hatd it i will stick wiht the stick. So i could see probs in the near future with that car, but you do what you want to do, just my 2 cents

Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mavryk03
Personaly i would not buy a demo car you dont know how its been driven and you know it's been driven hard everytime it was taken out, I drove a auto the other day and hatd it i will stick wiht the stick. So i could see probs in the near future with that car, but you do what you want to do, just my 2 cents
Gotta just love pessimists...

Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
now you need KSSMYBIG S

Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 AM
MCS Fever
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by inimini2007
Congrats...

With Gas Prices going up, that's a great car for the wife to go around town in.

Ya think? 20.6 gallons of diesel for the truck this morning ran $83.28..... At least the pump didn't limit out before it was full. Guess the debit card companies had to raise the limit with the oil prices.

Also ordered Michelins from Alex @ TireRack yesterday afternoon for the kid's Mazda, tire prices will only go up to boot with oil. $70 Michelin rebate and tire prices $13ea lower than when I started looking at them last Fall. Got the shipped notice already this morning, fast service there for my first TireRack.com purchase.

Last edited by MCS Fever; 03-11-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:15 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Well all, sorry but it came down to buying the Countryman and having to decide which mini to drive or keep what I have.

The countryman is a GREAT car. If I didn't have a mini, I'd buy one in a heartbeat but honestly, I can't give up Oscar. He's just the way I like him and I'm done with all my mods.

Sorry I can't join the Countryman club but I'm still happy.

Mark

Quick Reply: R60 Ya'll gonna welcome me or what?