R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 MINI debuts Countryman with cross-country rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Cavalier Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI debuts Countryman with cross-country rally

I kind of want to do this, but I'm already driving 2,200 miles from Texas to CA about a month before this starts. I don't know if I can pull off two road trips two weeks apart.

Is anyone planning on going? I'll go to the launch party in Los Angeles at the very least

This August, MINI USA has confirmed that Mini Takes the States (MTTS) will be back to celebrate all Mini owners. Thousands of enthusiasts will be caravanning across the US to Denver, CO where they will enjoy a weekend-long festival - all in the name of Mini. The official caravan will drive through 19 states, covering more than 8000 miles of road and is expected to bring together as many as 10000 participants.

Beginning May 18, Mini owners are invited to register at www.minitakesthestates.com and join the caravan in one of five kickoff cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York or San Francisco. Owners may also join the caravans as they make their way across the map; or they can spend a few hours at one of the many designated stops along the routes to mingle with drivers, enjoy parties and meet the newest addition to the Mini family - the Countryman.

On August 13, all of the caravans will arrive in Denver, where MTTS participants will enjoy three days of fun, including a music festival, drivingchallenges, a road rally in and around Denver, games for the family and a vendor village where participants can stock up on gear.

In addition to the cross-country drive and the festival in Denver, two key charitable efforts will be part of this year's program. First, blood drives for the American Red Cross will be hosted in Denver as well as each of the kickoff cities. Plus, a portion of every registration fee will be donated to the Leukemia Society.

http://www.eventjack.com/registratio...thestates2010/

Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
There is a whole forum about this in the national events section. And yes. I will TOTALLY be there for MTTS AND MITM.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Project Mangler
3rd Gear
Did they invite Porsche to come along?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Cavalier Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AggieMini11
There is a whole forum about this in the national events section. And yes. I will TOTALLY be there for MTTS AND MITM.
Sorry I looked and didn't see it.