Drivetrain R60 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 12:04 PM
rotaryferreira
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
R60 Problems

2011 Countryman S All4. Euro spec model,RHD from Trinidad.

I am frustrated and a punky-hair away from setting the car on fire to have the satisfaction of watching it burn down to nothing,because all its giving me is stress. If anyone can shed some light on how i may be able to fix this piece of **** I am welcome to any suggestions/recomendations.

I installed an upgraded intercooler,took off the baffled-muffler on the intercooler piping and changed it with a part from Waymotorworks,put a forge blow off valve,also installed K&N Typhoon air intake and AEM ver2 water/meth kit. Catless 2.5" downpipe

I did a reflash tune and the car worked like crap. Under acceleration the car would jerk and the blow-off would go off before it accelerates again. On the first test drive this would happen then the car went into limp mode. The codes i got were 348E Map Thermostat,activation:short circuit to positive. 2BE9 Cylinder injection cutout:Pressure too low in high-pressure fuel system.

I bought a brand new thermostat,and a used hpfp from eBay. The thermostat came and was the wrong part and the fuel pump went on and in twenty mins same problem again. I got the correct thermostat from the dealer for three times the price and i bought a brand new chineese pump Online because the dealer's pump was out of stock and ten times the price.Changed both vanos solenoids because one was leaking oil.

Thermostat code left,but although i put a new pump SAME CODE.

I made the tuner reset the car to stock and i still can't get it out of the limp mode.

I changed the pump in the tank with a brand new OEM unit. Changed 3 sets of spark plugs,changed the forge blow off to a GFB diverter. Took out the injectors,had them cleaned and flow tested and it was said they were dirty. Put everything back up and the same limp mode.

Don't know what to do again,can anyone suggest a solution?

the car has 34,000 kms.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Oh no! What a nightmare to have to deal with. Did you monitor any data while it was running? To check temps and pressures and whatnot? I’m just curious.
Was everything running and working fine before the remap? And it’s back on the factory map and still acting up? Or just stuck in limp mode?
I can only imagine how stressed I would be. Off the top of my head, the first thing that’s coming to mind is maybe it was hitting fuel pump cut-off, whether from lack of fuel, too much boost or another reason is just a guess, but so it the cut-off. That’s why I was asking about monitoring anything. When I first changed my turbo I had some symptoms that sort of sound similar. It was from too high of boost pressure because the wastegate was out of adjustment. But I’m sure it’s not that if the car was fine before. Maybe it’s possible that you got another bad fuel pump?
Ugh, hang in there buddy! I’m following this one with interest.

although after rereading your post, now I am wondering if you were pushing too much boost after all. The way you describe what it was doing before it went into limp mode sounds very much like what mine was doing. It’s something to consider or check anyway. Good luck!

Old 12-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by rotaryferreira
Don't know what to do again,can anyone suggest a solution?
Back to stock form and sell it?

Old 12-18-2018, 02:33 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Back to stock form and sell it?
Ouch!