j1mes
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Age old question....

so here it is. this is my shopping list of parts on my 14 R60 S all4:
-catless milltek turbo back
-forge BOV
-NM power module

i can already hear you guys say get a manic tune...i cant afford to park my car for a week or so and i would like my car to be tuned in my own altitude, weather and blablabla. im from canada and i drive my car year long so i need to know the tunes thats in my car can ajdust to the temp difference.

so my question is can i get a o2 spacer for the downpipe o2 and skip the check engine light.

thx

Old 10-22-2017, 11:28 PM
B2FiNiTY
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
o2 spacer will be hit or miss but doesn't hurt to try.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:56 PM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
o2 sensor spacer wont work on a MINI.

It's one of two things:
1) Just deal with the light for now, or
2) Don't do the mod if you can't afford the tune.

The tune does everything you need, it's not going to limit you, nor do you need to tune for your "own" altitude. That's what the MAF and MAP sensors are for.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:40 AM
j1mes
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AWD_Rally
o2 sensor spacer wont work on a MINI.

It's one of two things:
1) Just deal with the light for now, or
2) Don't do the mod if you can't afford the tune.

The tune does everything you need, it's not going to limit you, nor do you need to tune for your "own" altitude. That's what the MAF and MAP sensors are for.
Its not that I cant afford the tune $$$ wise. Its that there is no local tuners in my area that can or will tune MINI's and I need my car, I can't afford to send out my ECU to have it tuned or chipped and have the car parked for X amount of time.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:18 PM
AWD_Rally

Originally Posted by j1mes
Its not that I cant afford the tune $$$ wise. Its that there is no local tuners in my area that can or will tune MINI's and I need my car, I can't afford to send out my ECU to have it tuned or chipped and have the car parked for X amount of time.
I would just deal with the light. Even if the spacer works initially -- I've tried it and it did work, for about a week -- the light will eventually come back on. I would recommend saving the money you'd spend on the spacer for other parts or a tune.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:45 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Definitely reach out to Mario to understand shipping times. It is without question worth it especially as you are installing a dp.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:38 AM
AWD_Rally

^^^ Exactly. Mario hooked me up with my Stage 3 Manic.

If you're worried about not having a car and money isn't an issue, rent a car. $25/day is worth it... and you can drive the hell out of it!

Old 02-11-2018, 07:16 PM
B2FiNiTY
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The turn around time to get the ECU tuned is FAST! Just plan for a weekend and you'll be back on the road before you know it.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:58 AM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
You can always rent a car for the couple days you’d be down. Just like AWD_Rally said, get in touch with Mario. He did a stage 3 RPM tune for me, and it is fantastic! Best mod ever and I was dumb to wait so long! The car, as it comes from the factory, is not pre-adjusted for the climate and altitude. The ECU reads that through its sensors and adjusts as necessary. It is no different when tuned, just that some things like timing and AFR’s are a bit different than the factory map, but the car will still adjust to wherever you are. If that makes sense. Really I know it seems like some of us can get a little pushy about the tuning. But the thing is.... it really does make that big of a difference! And we just want everyone else to feel what we do.... it’s the way the car should have been all along! Plain and simple. Good luck! And good motoring!

Old 08-09-2018, 03:13 AM
j1mes
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy
You can always rent a car for the couple days you’d be down. Just like AWD_Rally said, get in touch with Mario. He did a stage 3 RPM tune for me, and it is fantastic! Best mod ever and I was dumb to wait so long! The car, as it comes from the factory, is not pre-adjusted for the climate and altitude. The ECU reads that through its sensors and adjusts as necessary. It is no different when tuned, just that some things like timing and AFR’s are a bit different than the factory map, but the car will still adjust to wherever you are. If that makes sense. Really I know it seems like some of us can get a little pushy about the tuning. But the thing is.... it really does make that big of a difference! And we just want everyone else to feel what we do.... it’s the way the car should have been all along! Plain and simple. Good luck! And good motoring!
well thx for the info group, got the whole problem fixed....got rid of the problematic MINI and went back to my roots and got another RAM

Old 08-13-2018, 12:20 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Well that’s one way to do it