North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R60/61 Cooper S Drivetrain (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-61-cooper-s-drivetrain-361/)
-   -   Drivetrain Tuning options and roof rack for the 2017 Countryman (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-61-cooper-s-drivetrain/314146-tuning-options-and-roof-rack-for-the-2017-countryman.html)

snowride0 04-20-2017 09:13 PM

Tuning options and roof rack for the 2017 Countryman

So I've looked everywhere (I think) but can't find any answers on if there is any tuning mods for the new Countryman. I've also hit up Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack, etc for rack options and have found nothing. Anyone have any answers?

MyroMini 04-21-2017 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by snowride0 (Post 4296269)
So I've looked everywhere (I think) but can't find any answers on if there is any tuning mods for the new Countryman. I've also hit up Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack, etc for rack options and have found nothing. Anyone have any answers?

Surely, Mini offers an OEM rack?

As for Thule, since the. F60 Countryman now has raised roof rails, you could try and test their 450/450R series of foot, with wathever bar style you prefer (it's the fitting with a rubber strap going around the bar)

MyroMini 04-21-2017 03:40 AM

And for tuning, it has the same 3 and 4 cylinder turbo engine has the other recent Minis. Other specific Countryman stuff (suspensions, etc) will slowly come out over the next few months. Always normal with a new model

cstrumol 04-21-2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by snowride0 (Post 4296269)

Check out seasucker.com for some rack options. Depends on what you are looking to carry. I use it for bikes and works great.

siriuszero 04-21-2017 02:40 PM

Worth noting that racks that work with the F54 Clubman should work for the F60 as the roof rails are the same width.

Tuning options are many as the F60 uses the same engine as the rest of the MINI lineup. For plug-in tuner modules you have the Burgertuning module, the NM Eng module, DINAN module, plus some more hardcore ones like the Racechip.

MyroMini 04-21-2017 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by siriuszero (Post 4296431)
Worth noting that racks that work with the F54 Clubman should work for the F60 as the roof rails are the same width.

Tuning options are many as the F60 uses the same engine as the rest of the MINI lineup. For plug-in tuner modules you have the Burgertuning module, the NM Eng module, DINAN module, plus some more hardcore ones like the Racechip.

the F54 Clubman bas glissades rails. The new F60 Countryman has raised rails, so not the same to fix crossbars

But the R60 Countryman bars fit perfectly on a F54 (personal experience)

siriuszero 04-21-2017 04:08 PM

You sure? The OEM crossbars are the same for the F54 and F60.

Same part number

tizeye 04-21-2017 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by siriuszero (Post 4296431)

Just took delivery yesterday and during the 'waiting' time for delivery paid attention to a 2016 and 2017 "fully equipped" models in the showroom. Both had rails with the 2017 having crossbars. While I didn't measure the rail dimensions, walking back and forth in the showroom and feeling, ignoring the fact of raised, their physical structure felt different. As far as construction, the Mini crossbar is lockable and that appears to be the only fastening component as I didn't see any other screws or knobs.

When home, checked Thule, and they have not release a foot that will attach to the Mini yet. Suspect it is a matter of time. On a hunch I also checked if a hitch was available as per my post on 3/3 in another thread, none were available back then. Now however, Curt (but not DrawTite/Hidden Hitch) has now released a Class 2 hitch for the 2017. It appears that manufacturers just need time to get a model for their engineers to look at and see if they have to manufacturer something or some existing stock will fit.

siriuszero 04-21-2017 04:18 PM

The MINI crossbar for the F54/F60 is nice as you don't need a separate wrench anymore to install. There are knobs under the lockable covers that will click when they reach the proper torque.

MNCNTRYMN 05-30-2017 08:32 AM

Hello!

Just took delivery of a '17 Countryman.

Does anyone have an experience with the DINAN Performance Tuner on the current model year Countryman? It's one that I am considering. Figure you can't go wrong with ~30hp for $299 and easy to install from what I seen.

Thx.

subzero05 05-30-2017 09:53 AM

not specifically on the countryman, but on my S it works great. Definitely recommend it!